hmm, Elevation remix, Wake Up, next entry music to be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
This is just a hunch, but after arriving on stage to Elevation remix, and the Wake Up by Arcade Fire, I was thinking today....

Listen to the first 90 seconds of Magnificant Redenka remix. Upon first listening this JUMPED out to me as a perfect way to arrive on stage this tour and jump into the much-rumored show-opener Magnificant.

Maybe a little too similar to Elevation's style, but nonetheless it got me super-excited to imagine this....AT HIGH VOLUME!

Adam's video driving through Eze to Bono's house featured The Last Shadow Puppets (I think it was "My Mistakes Were Made For You"). I think "The Age of The Understatement" might make a good entry song, upbeat, dramatic, etc... Plus given the seeming enormity of the Claw, the title of the song would be a nice wink to irony laden days gone by... :wink:

Adam's video driving through Eze to Bono's house featured The Last Shadow Puppets (I think it was "My Mistakes Were Made For You"). I think "The Age of The Understatement" might make a good entry song, upbeat, dramatic, etc... Plus given the seeming enormity of the Claw, the title of the song would be a nice wink to irony laden days gone by... :wink:

:up:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f306/opening-song-193709.html

Someone suggested to have Fez as the intro, and then BB as the opening song. Sounds pretty damn good to me!

I'd be down with that, but I expect that if it is done, it'd be encore opener rather than main set opener. Primary reason for that is Fez-Being Born seems like the kind of song just made for good visuals and lighting, and obviously it'll be too light for that at the very start of most European shows but it'll be fully dark once the encore hits.

(For similar lighting related reasons, I believe Magnificent will be late in the main set, not the opener, so I disagree with the opening post's speculation.)

Age of the Understatment is a big chance. Good pick!

I don't know if they'll find anything by another band as dynamic as Wake Up. It was perfect.

Keeping with Alex Turner - Old Yellow Bricks by Arctic Monkeys would be really awesome to kick the show off on a high note

I'd be down with that, but I expect that if it is done, it'd be encore opener rather than main set opener. Primary reason for that is Fez-Being Born seems like the kind of song just made for good visuals and lighting, and obviously it'll be too light for that at the very start of most European shows but it'll be fully dark once the encore hits.

(For similar lighting related reasons, I believe Magnificent will be late in the main set, not the opener, so I disagree with the opening post's speculation.)

Hm, that's a very good point. I could definitely live with that.
Perhaps they'll have Boots as opener, with as intro song the short remix we saw on the tv appearances? With the anthem of each country in it?

Or in vain of Wake Up, Use Somebody by the KOL.. the oh oh oooh parts would be a good singalong.

Back
Top Bottom