hmm, Elevation remix, Wake Up, next entry music to be? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 02:34 AM
hmm, Elevation remix, Wake Up, next entry music to be?

This is just a hunch, but after arriving on stage to Elevation remix, and the Wake Up by Arcade Fire, I was thinking today....

Listen to the first 90 seconds of Magnificant Redenka remix. Upon first listening this JUMPED out to me as a perfect way to arrive on stage this tour and jump into the much-rumored show-opener Magnificant.

Maybe a little too similar to Elevation's style, but nonetheless it got me super-excited to imagine this....AT HIGH VOLUME!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #2
Refugee

Location: I live where I don't wanna drown, but god I'm going down...(/UK/)
Local Time: 01:34 AM
yes.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #3
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 03:34 AM
Opening Song

Someone suggested to have Fez as the intro, and then BB as the opening song. Sounds pretty damn good to me!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 05-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 09:34 PM
Adam's video driving through Eze to Bono's house featured The Last Shadow Puppets (I think it was "My Mistakes Were Made For You"). I think "The Age of The Understatement" might make a good entry song, upbeat, dramatic, etc... Plus given the seeming enormity of the Claw, the title of the song would be a nice wink to irony laden days gone by...
Old 05-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Opening Song

Someone suggested to have Fez as the intro, and then BB as the opening song. Sounds pretty damn good to me!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper699 View Post
Adam's video driving through Eze to Bono's house featured The Last Shadow Puppets (I think it was "My Mistakes Were Made For You"). I think "The Age of The Understatement" might make a good entry song, upbeat, dramatic, etc... Plus given the seeming enormity of the Claw, the title of the song would be a nice wink to irony laden days gone by...
Old 05-13-2009, 03:30 AM   #7
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:34 PM
Quote:
Opening Song

I'd be down with that, but I expect that if it is done, it'd be encore opener rather than main set opener. Primary reason for that is Fez-Being Born seems like the kind of song just made for good visuals and lighting, and obviously it'll be too light for that at the very start of most European shows but it'll be fully dark once the encore hits.

(For similar lighting related reasons, I believe Magnificent will be late in the main set, not the opener, so I disagree with the opening post's speculation.)

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:34 AM
Quote:
Opening Song

Amen. This is by far the best possible way to start.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:34 AM
Age of the Understatment is a big chance. Good pick!

I don't know if they'll find anything by another band as dynamic as Wake Up. It was perfect.

Keeping with Alex Turner - Old Yellow Bricks by Arctic Monkeys would be really awesome to kick the show off on a high note
Old 05-14-2009, 06:07 AM   #10
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'd be down with that, but I expect that if it is done, it'd be encore opener rather than main set opener. Primary reason for that is Fez-Being Born seems like the kind of song just made for good visuals and lighting, and obviously it'll be too light for that at the very start of most European shows but it'll be fully dark once the encore hits.

(For similar lighting related reasons, I believe Magnificent will be late in the main set, not the opener, so I disagree with the opening post's speculation.)
Hm, that's a very good point. I could definitely live with that.
Perhaps they'll have Boots as opener, with as intro song the short remix we saw on the tv appearances? With the anthem of each country in it?

Or in vain of Wake Up, Use Somebody by the KOL.. the oh oh oooh parts would be a good singalong.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 05-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #11
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:34 AM
Flux by Bloc party