Hey! MW is sounding pretty good! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
Refugee
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lehigh, FL, USA
Posts: 2,296
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Hey! MW is sounding pretty good!

I think Bono is even saying she moves IN mysterious ways and actually singing the entire chorus!

__________________

redhill is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 25,562
Local Time: 08:57 PM
but there's no slide solo at the end. i'd rather them play UTEOTW.
__________________

mikal is online now  
Old 07-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
War Child
 
bonoschild2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The armpit of the United States: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 506
Local Time: 06:57 PM
I don't know, to me it sounds uninspired and just plain "blah." Kind of like WOWY, another song on this tour that's being played just for the sake of being played- they're kind of cut off like radio edits or something
bonoschild2009 is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,321
Local Time: 08:57 PM
i love this song, i sure hope they keep playing it i think it would be a mistake to leave it out.

Did they start this show early or does it get dark very late in Paris?
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Acrobat
 
mandrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: faraway, so close
Posts: 316
Local Time: 06:57 PM
eh... this song went downhill after the Elevation tour. I don't like the versions that cut straight into the song without the extended intro.
mandrake is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,749
Local Time: 08:57 PM
i was just thinking about starting a thread about this. this newest version sounds lukewarm to me. i agree that without the extended intro or the solo at the end it loses the energy and impact. either play it right or GTFO!
unico is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
Acrobat
 
bizkitgto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 366
Local Time: 09:57 PM
360

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
i was just thinking about starting a thread about this. this newest version sounds lukewarm to me. i agree that without the extended intro or the solo at the end it loses the energy and impact. either play it right or GTFO!
What blows my mind about this song live, is the fact it starts so simply, and escalates into this almighty epic shimmering soundscape, yet it still retains its simplicity. The latest 360 versions seriously lacked the energy this song usually has live. If they don't do the solo, play something else like HMTMKMKM! Check out below @ 4:20 mark....wow! Bono just going crazy all over the place, U2's best live song, period.


bizkitgto is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,749
Local Time: 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
What blows my mind about this song live, is the fact it starts so simply, and escalates into this almighty epic shimmering soundscape, yet it still retains its simplicity. The latest 360 versions seriously lacked the energy this song usually has live. If they don't do the solo, play something else like HMTMKMKM! Check out below @ 4:20 mark....wow! Bono just going crazy all over the place, U2's best live song, period.


Now that's what I'm talkin about!! The MW version in this tour doesn't take you anywhere. The trippy funky guitar intro and solo was wicked and transcending. Perhaps they will polish it up as the tour progresses.
unico is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
Refugee
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 1,001
Local Time: 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
Now that's what I'm talkin about!! The MW version in this tour doesn't take you anywhere. The trippy funky guitar intro and solo was wicked and transcending. Perhaps they will polish it up as the tour progresses.
Let's hope so... I agree that MW started losing steam on the Elevation tour, where it just felt 'wedged' in to the setlist (even the band apparently agreed, removing it from the Slane DVD and burying it in a bonus feature).

I've always liked the song, but that guitar solo coda was a masterstroke on the Zoo tour, elevating a simple dance tune to a full-on party. Either bring it back, or lose the song this time around.
hibricc is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
Refugee
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lehigh, FL, USA
Posts: 2,296
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoschild2009 View Post
I don't know, to me it sounds uninspired and just plain "blah." Kind of like WOWY, another song on this tour that's being played just for the sake of being played- they're kind of cut off like radio edits or something
Despite the shortness, it sounded fresher for them...especially Bono's vocals.
redhill is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Aygo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Barcelona, Spain [Lisbon, Portugal]
Posts: 3,543
Local Time: 02:57 AM
OMG. For such a poor version like this, I'd rather have an average performance of some of the new songs.
This performance is bland and uninspired. Even the drums are Larry in lazy-mode.
Aygo is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Girl1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: At the altar of the dark star
Posts: 19,374
Local Time: 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhill View Post
I think Bono is even saying she moves IN mysterious ways and actually singing the entire chorus!


I haven't been really paying much attention to the whole claw thing...but is the bridge moving over people??
U2Girl1978 is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,934
Local Time: 02:57 PM
didn't even listen past the first verse. sounds like they're sleepwalking through it, which is my same criticism of with or without you - in that it could be even better but it isn't.
coolian2 is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Girl1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: At the altar of the dark star
Posts: 19,374
Local Time: 08:57 PM
Apparently they're sleepwalking through their whole set list. They act like they don't want to be there.
U2Girl1978 is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #15
HCL
War Child
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 831
Local Time: 10:57 PM
I really can't see Mysterious working on a live setting without that solo at its end and everything that comes after.

EDIT: I should add that this performance is really good though, the band seems into it. It's just not the same without that solo.
HCL is offline  
Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #16
War Child
 
bonoschild2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The armpit of the United States: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 506
Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkitgto View Post
What blows my mind about this song live, is the fact it starts so simply, and escalates into this almighty epic shimmering soundscape, yet it still retains its simplicity. The latest 360 versions seriously lacked the energy this song usually has live. If they don't do the solo, play something else like HMTMKMKM! Check out below @ 4:20 mark....wow! Bono just going crazy all over the place, U2's best live song, period.
Well said. I almost mentioned the Pop Mexico City version of MW- that's my favorite version of it apart from some of the early Zoo TV versions...
bonoschild2009 is offline  
Old 07-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #17
New Yorker
 
subnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: In God's Cottage Country
Posts: 2,664
Local Time: 08:57 PM
give the band some slack here....they never really do their best work playing in the daylight. they get their groove on at night with all the shimmer of lights
subnet is offline  
Old 07-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
 
last unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lost in poetry
Posts: 19,446
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Girl1978 View Post
Apparently they're sleepwalking through their whole set list. They act like they don't want to be there.
That's just NOT true. How anyone can say that is beyond me. Were you there? I experienced exactly the opposite.

As for MW, I don't need the song at all, any version is a waste of space for me. Same goes for WOWY. I don't care how they perform it, I don't need to hear these songs. The rest is fine for me.
last unicorn is offline  
Old 07-16-2009, 03:00 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
KUEFC09U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 8,360
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
That's just NOT true. How anyone can say that is beyond me. Were you there? I experienced exactly the opposite.

As for MW, I don't need the song at all, any version is a waste of space for me. Same goes for WOWY. I don't care how they perform it, I don't need to hear these songs. The rest is fine for me.
we get the same comments every tour unicorn, nothings changed, they where just "going through the motions" for the entire first leg of the vertigo tour according to some on this forum, they really cannot win.
KUEFC09U2 is offline  
Old 07-16-2009, 03:18 AM   #20
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 134
Local Time: 06:57 PM
Yeah it got dark very late (from my perspective, growing up in California), after 10 PM if I remember right.
__________________

theoriginal is offline  
 

Tags
mysterious ways

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NLOTH Album Reviews Pt 3 Irishteen Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 977 02-27-2009 11:15 AM
Rage. Zoomerang96 Lemonade Stand Archive 113 07-11-2007 08:15 AM
DVD Trade List ( U2 and others ) caller78 All I Want Is U2 10 02-07-2006 08:28 PM
Australian Trading kennerado All I Want Is U2 11 01-08-2006 05:04 AM
Thoughts On Atomic Bomb namkcuR Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 44 08-25-2005 05:53 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×