Hey! MW is sounding pretty good!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love this song, i sure hope they keep playing it i think it would be a mistake to leave it out.

Did they start this show early or does it get dark very late in Paris?

eh... this song went downhill after the Elevation tour. I don't like the versions that cut straight into the song without the extended intro.

i was just thinking about starting a thread about this. this newest version sounds lukewarm to me. i agree that without the extended intro or the solo at the end it loses the energy and impact. either play it right or GTFO!

i was just thinking about starting a thread about this. this newest version sounds lukewarm to me. i agree that without the extended intro or the solo at the end it loses the energy and impact. either play it right or GTFO!

What blows my mind about this song live, is the fact it starts so simply, and escalates into this almighty epic shimmering soundscape, yet it still retains its simplicity. The latest 360 versions seriously lacked the energy this song usually has live. If they don't do the solo, play something else like HMTMKMKM! Check out below @ 4:20 mark....wow! Bono just going crazy all over the place, U2's best live song, period.

YouTube - Mysterious Ways U2-Pop Mart (Live from Mexico City) HD

What blows my mind about this song live, is the fact it starts so simply, and escalates into this almighty epic shimmering soundscape, yet it still retains its simplicity. The latest 360 versions seriously lacked the energy this song usually has live. If they don't do the solo, play something else like HMTMKMKM! Check out below @ 4:20 mark....wow! Bono just going crazy all over the place, U2's best live song, period.

YouTube - Mysterious Ways U2-Pop Mart (Live from Mexico City) HD

Now that's what I'm talkin about!! The MW version in this tour doesn't take you anywhere. The trippy funky guitar intro and solo was wicked and transcending. Perhaps they will polish it up as the tour progresses.

Now that's what I'm talkin about!! The MW version in this tour doesn't take you anywhere. The trippy funky guitar intro and solo was wicked and transcending. Perhaps they will polish it up as the tour progresses.

Let's hope so... I agree that MW started losing steam on the Elevation tour, where it just felt 'wedged' in to the setlist (even the band apparently agreed, removing it from the Slane DVD and burying it in a bonus feature).

I've always liked the song, but that guitar solo coda was a masterstroke on the Zoo tour, elevating a simple dance tune to a full-on party. Either bring it back, or lose the song this time around.

I don't know, to me it sounds uninspired and just plain "blah." Kind of like WOWY, another song on this tour that's being played just for the sake of being played- they're kind of cut off like radio edits or something

Despite the shortness, it sounded fresher for them...especially Bono's vocals.

OMG. For such a poor version like this, I'd rather have an average performance of some of the new songs.
This performance is bland and uninspired. Even the drums are Larry in lazy-mode.

I really can't see Mysterious working on a live setting without that solo at its end and everything that comes after. :reject:

EDIT: I should add that this performance is really good though, the band seems into it. It's just not the same without that solo.

Well said. I almost mentioned the Pop Mexico City version of MW- that's my favorite version of it apart from some of the early Zoo TV versions...

give the band some slack here....they never really do their best work playing in the daylight. they get their groove on at night with all the shimmer of lights

Apparently they're sleepwalking through their whole set list. They act like they don't want to be there. :huh:

That's just NOT true. How anyone can say that is beyond me. Were you there? I experienced exactly the opposite.

As for MW, I don't need the song at all, any version is a waste of space for me. Same goes for WOWY. I don't care how they perform it, I don't need to hear these songs. The rest is fine for me.

That's just NOT true. How anyone can say that is beyond me. Were you there? I experienced exactly the opposite.

As for MW, I don't need the song at all, any version is a waste of space for me. Same goes for WOWY. I don't care how they perform it, I don't need to hear these songs. The rest is fine for me.

we get the same comments every tour unicorn, nothings changed, they where just "going through the motions" for the entire first leg of the vertigo tour according to some on this forum, they really cannot win.

i love this song, i sure hope they keep playing it i think it would be a mistake to leave it out.

Did they start this show early or does it get dark very late in Paris?

the show started around 9.15pm, but it doesn't get dark til about 10.15...

I haven't been really paying much attention to the whole claw thing...but is the bridge moving over people?? :ohmy:

yeah the bridges move over the crowd in the pit, i think it's a really nice idea, but if it stops over your head it can really block your view... every time it passed over my head i kept willing it to keep moving and kept throwing the guy controlling it really pleading "please-don't-stop-now-no-no-ok-phew-now-is-ok-now-you-can-stop" looks lmfao

Apparently they're sleepwalking through their whole set list. They act like they don't want to be there. :huh:

where'd you get that from?? :ohmy: must've been a different band i saw in Paris then...

they were totally on form and looked like they were really enjoying themselves - Bono was just a dynamo, totally full of energy really really giving it some... maybe the most energetic i've seen him actually... (in my grand total of 4 concerts/tours ever haha lmfao :D)

where'd you get that from?? :ohmy: must've been a different band i saw in Paris then...

they were totally on form and looked like they were really enjoying themselves - Bono was just a dynamo, totally full of energy really really giving it some... maybe the most energetic i've seen him actually... (in my grand total of 4 concerts/tours ever haha lmfao :D)

yeah, Bono was overwhelmed by Paris response. He even stopped singing two or three times, smiling to us with open arms.

I saw Edge running like crazy in one song (too bad, I don't remember which one lol), as Bono in COBL.

Adam was like a little boy with a new toy. And Larry, well... is Larry.

yeah, Bono was overwhelmed by Paris response. He even stopped singing two or three times, smiling to us with open arms.

I saw Edge running like crazy in one song (too bad, I don't remember which one lol), as Bono in COBL.

Adam was like a little boy with a new toy. And Larry, well... is Larry.

:up: yeah! i loved the super-speedy lap B did just before COBL and he wasn't even out of breath when he started singing! he's been working out haha :D

Edge whizzed over my bridge once or twice where i was standing, but Adam was in front of me most of the time and seemed really really happy and was full of smiles...

i loved the audience singing along too when B would stop and just let the audience keep going... band and audience were really enthusiastic and totally into it... was a special night... will keep me going with happy musical memories til next tour haha :)

just play the feckin' solo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why not????? It's not like the whole gig is full of solo's.... watching that Popmart version makes me weep a little bit inside....

Back
Top Bottom