Have we seen the last of Electrical Storm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounded a lot better this time, even if I do prefer edge playing power chords, let the man play what he wants to play people!

Although the '80s called, and they do want their shitty synth back

Idea: I think it would sound BA if Edge played the powerchords and Adam played the prechorus riff on the bass?

The fewer power chords in use, the better, IMO. I really like the pre-chorus riff.

Thank goodness it's back! Now just play it at either Foxboro show or NY1 and I'll be a happy camper.

I thought of that because bono is obviosuly too afraid to play powerchords by himself :wink:

No way Bono could hold together a simple 4 chord progression while playing live. He is just not capable of doing that. The fact that they even have him hold a guitar is laughable. It's nothing more than an excuse for Bono to have a song where he doesn't have to move, he can just stay at his mike stand and occasionally strike the guitar.

No way Bono could hold together a simple 4 chord progression while playing live. He is just not capable of doing that. The fact that they even have him hold a guitar is laughable. It's nothing more than an excuse for Bono to have a song where he doesn't have to move, he can just stay at his mike stand and occasionally strike the guitar.

YouTube - U2 The Fly live from Dublin,Ireland RDS Arena Zoo TV Tour 93

Bono's guitar is as loud and as clear as Edge's in this. Listen.

Oftentimes he's just too into other things while performing, and no he can't hold a candle to Edge, but on certain songs they actually combine fantastically. Like 'The Fly' on Vertigo, Bono actually contributed quite a lot with his guitar playing on that song.

Oftentimes he's just too into other things while performing, and no he can't hold a candle to Edge, but on certain songs they actually combine fantastically. Like 'The Fly' on Vertigo, Bono actually contributed quite a lot with his guitar playing on that song.

Ditto Last Night On Earth. I wonder if it's largely a problem of confidence?

It is sounding much better since Barcelona, just a few details for them to iron out, and hopefully they can put it in rotation with something. To me it fits in so well with the NLOTH atmosphere. Very beautiful song.

Adam playing the riff is a cool idea. Nice to see that this song is back. Looks like they've been rotating the songs more.

It needs to be a bit more badass!

Get edge playing some distorted chords during the chorus and it'd be killer, maybe new intro too!

Electrical Storm -- RIP?

It seems it still needs work, but it was a fun ride though... :sad:

Any chance it'll make an appearance in Boston perhaps?

i don't think the band was ever truly happy with how it turned out live. i think it was fine, personally.

Back
Top Bottom