Get on Your Boots- What do you think now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't mind it when I first heard it, but now when I listen to the album I feel it doesn't fit all that well. I suppose that tends to be the case when you hear a single first. I guess that's why I prefer the 1st single to be the 1st track on an album. But hey, that's just me. :wink:

However, live it works great! :up:

It's a geat track live, probably would be a great opener, but I wonder about one thing: why they're not singing words "sexy boots" in the chorus anymore, somebody might know? Now they're just repeating "get on your boots" over again, kind of lame. Do they became afraid of word "sexy" or what? Bring sexy back!

It's a geat track live, probably would be a great opener, but I wonder about one thing: why they're not singing words "sexy boots" in the chorus anymore, somebody might know? Now they're just repeating "get on your boots" over again, kind of lame. Do they became afraid of word "sexy" or what? Bring sexy back!

I heard it was like taking something away from the song, and it was a little lame, so they just added get on your boots, which to me is better.

The song in general has improved slightly over the course of a few months. I can tolerate it now, in that i will not skip it. I knew it would be infinatley better live (as per most u2 songs)but I still think its among the top 5 poorest songs from u2 tho (IMO):reject:

The song in general has improved slightly over the course of a few months. I can tolerate it now, in that i will not skip it. I knew it would be infinatley better live (as per most u2 songs)but I still think its among the top 5 poorest songs from u2 tho (IMO):reject:

I agree. I hate it, but what the hell, most people here seem to love it.

I can see how the song would work great in a stadium live.
I haven't seen it in person live yet so I can't comment on that.
However, I absolutely despise that song.

However, I'm happy that most people in the crowd get off on it.

Back
Top Bottom