Five Great U2 Songs Even the band has problably forgotten about

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:huh:

It's not a difficult song to sing, what are you talking about?

It is not that complicated: He is talking about, that Bono is not able/does not want to do his "shouting" voice that much. Bono and God Part II on 360 would do no good to this great tune ...

:huh:

It's not a difficult song to sing, what are you talking about?

i meant that it would probably cause bono to shred his vocal cords. too much shouting in that song. same for red hill mining town.

i meant that it would probably cause bono to shred his vocal cords. too much shouting in that song. same for red hill mining town.

Except now he could sing it instead of shouting it, it would actually sound a lot better. As far as RHMT that's a different story, that's still a pretty high note to be hitting every night.

Yeah the "don't believe the sixties..." bit is a pain to sing no matter how good your voice is.

So Cruel is one of my favorite songs on Achtung Baby actually. I was fortunate enough to be at the only full live performance of the song as well (Detroit 92) which was Bono acoustic but he played the whole song. That being said, I don't think it would translate well live and doubt it will ever be attempted again.

God Part II has been on my dream list for them to play since 1989/90 when Lovetown didn't come to N. America. My other song was Electric Co up until last tour. So you never know, but I doubt God Part II will ever be done again. It was a great live song and would be again if done.

I like most of the choices as well. Except like a lot of said, Wild Honey. No thanks, to me it is the weakest track on ATYCLB, I actually like Grace. :shrug:

Funny, i dont remember bono shouting god part ii during lovetown, other than the last verse :drool:

With four of them I'm pretty glad they've "forgotten" about, So Cruel is the only great song from these 5.

Still believing, this is irony. But if not: What in detail is so 'wrong'' for you about the other four, that you feel 'glad' U2 'forgot' about it, especially "Exit", "Spanish Eyes" and "God Part II"?

That version of God Part II is great. I'd be intrigued to hear Bono tackle that now. That's definitely on my list- the others would be Exit, Wire, Do You Feel Loved, and Slug, that beautiful collaboration with Eno.

i always thought trip through your wires was a cool song that suffered from a bad album mix

Oh man, Exit would be fucking incredible.

Not too sure why they've listed Wild Honey and Crumbs there, and they've played both Stay and Electrical Storm on this tour... :huh:

Back
Top Bottom