First Time NYD is Played on the Tour - a Non-Issue?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
I know some consider this a "tired warhorse", but I am shocked by the lack of dialogue in regards to its introduction on this tour!

Was this not a big deal for anyone else?

I even had a thread closed about the performance of it because it was not specific enough and belonged in the Dublin 3 setlist thread?!

If I am missing something, I would really appreciate someone informing me how this was not a big enough deal to discuss and be deserving of its own thread?

For me, it was kind of epic to introduce it at this point in the tour....

If I am missing something, I would really appreciate someone informing me how this was not a big enough deal to discuss and be deserving of its own thread?

Because in order to start a new thread about a particular live performance of a particular song you have to dislike it and bitch about it.

You're doing it wrong, man. :D

I like NYD, and it's never a bad addition to a setlist, but I can take it or leave it. This performance seemed rather uninspired and somewhat boring... untypical for the song.

I know I'm a strong critic of the warhorses but I wouldn't mind seeing them do NYD because it still sounds fresh.

I know it's a warhorse, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if they didn't play it on the tour, but it's one of the warhorses that to me still sounds fresh and exciting. I love it, and even if I think I'm tired of it, the opening notes never fail to get me excited if I hear it at a concert I'm attending.

Because in order to start a new thread about a particular live performance of a particular song you have to dislike it and bitch about it.

You're doing it wrong, man. :D

exactly.

if you would have titled it:

"NYD...sweet jesus, waht the F are they doin??!?!!?!?!?!!?!"

and then said something like, "they should have played electric storms!"

it would have been 11 pages long by now

-dan

INFACT. IT IS THEIR BEST AND IT SHOULD RECEIVE UNLIMITED PRAISE

are we on page two yet?

I know it's a warhorse, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if they didn't play it on the tour, but it's one of the warhorses that to me still sounds fresh and exciting. I love it, and even if I think I'm tired of it, the opening notes never fail to get me excited if I hear it at a concert I'm attending.

agree

Non-issue, because its played so much.

As far as warhorses go NYD >>>>>> I Still Haven't / Pride / I Will Follow /

Never mind hearing it, always sounds good live.

It should have been retired, or at least been removed from the regular rotation, in 92. It's one of my top 10 songs ever, but I've never been a big fan of it live and it's been tired for a long, long time. As far as warhorses go, it's one of the most worn out.

Hoever, if they'd been one of the bands that switches up the setlist, it might still be fresh. Like radiohead playing creep, or pearl jam playing alive.

NYD is my favorite U2 song :drool::hyper: I hope they keep it and toss Pride/ISHFWILF

I especially love one of the remixes they play on Sirius..I don't know what it is though because it's cut off of my display.

NYD is a great song that I would hope along with Bad is always on thier setlist

I agree 100 % !!!

I was also really excited to see it make an appearence at Dublin 3.

These whiners on interference who say stuff like "boring" or "meh" don't know what they are talking about...it's a HUGE song and works extremely well in a stadium surrounding. Check out the Dublin 3 footage - the crowd LOVES IT.
Let's hope they chuck the mediocre "In a Little While" for "New Years Day".

I was thrilled to hear it. I was afraid it might have been shelved for this tour to make room for some of the newer stuff.
It sadly occurs to me that the more new albums U2 release, either they'll have to make the shows longer which would be damn near impossible, or start cutting out some of the older stuff, so I was relieved that they hadn't done this with NYD yet. Great song.

I realize it's about Poland and that this is impossible given when it was written, but did anyone else think it was about demolishing the Berlin wall when they first heard it?

I'm a HUGE NYD fan, and it's easily the best of all the "Warhorses" in my opinion. It's just such a great concert song, especially for an outdoor venue. Hope to hear it in Chicago as I did not get to hear it in Europe.

NYD and Streets should always be played. The others I can see why they play, but good to see them rotated out (BTBS, UTEOTW etc)

Never get tired of New Years Day...one of those songs I still get excited about when I hear it on the radio

new years day was great. i was standing near edge when he
was playing piano then guitar:D the different sets in dublin
was awesome..average 4 different songs each night..
plus the fans outside waiting to get in early got to hear full
versions of sum other tunes drowning man ect

^ awesome. Wow, I think the background colour on the site is changing with all this positivity! Does it look a shade lighter to everyone else????

That was the one shit thing about Sydney... The walls are so high, and they sort of arch in, so we couldn't really hear the soundcheck where we were. People in other lines told us they soundchecked Window In the Skies. Wish I hadn't missed it :sad:

Back
Top Bottom