Finally a break from 'Bullet'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Cool song with good live versions, but out of all the war horses it was my pick to get shelved this tour. Still love Pride in the shows though. When was the last time in a full concert that bullet was not played?

Cool song with good live versions, but out of all the war horses it was my pick to get shelved this tour. Still love Pride in the shows though. When was the last time in a full concert that bullet was not played?

Before this tour, it had missed just six shows since its debut. See the third paragraph here: U2gigs.com - FAQ

Hallelujah! Hopefully Pride and ISHFWILF will go too. Streets can stay though- it's U2's Born To Run.

STREETS is a must....but they REALLY REALLY need to take out that speech before it. I thought the African flags and speech from BONO last tour was bad.....:angry:

they should do BAD or MLK into Streets.....

one positive note: the RED screen is back!

I just wish Pride and One would go too or at least play them every two, three or four nights or maybe even never again...
:wink:

I just joined this board and I'm amazed at the amount of people who want to see the older material dropped. I'm assuming or I could be wrong that most of these people have not been fans for more than 10 years. The first setlist of this tour contained only 8 song prior to 2000. U2's best music was before 2000 ie War, The Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree and even Achtung. I've seen people post that U2 should can Pride, With or Without You, One... I mean thats kind of like the Stones canning Satisfaction or Bruce canning Born to Run. U2 is still an awesome band but is nowhere near the band pre-2000. The passion from the shows of the Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, and Zoo Tv will never be matched.

I think its a shame that Bad isnt even played much anymore. Whens the last time U2 wrote a song like Bad. I mean its awesome.

Thanks for the link . . . Fascinating FAQ . . . Hard to believe Streets wasn't played for some of the Joshua Tree Tour

tell me about it......

i went to a joshua tree tour gig and got stand by me and c'mon everybody as the first two songs and no streets!

I just joined this board and I'm amazed at the amount of people who want to see the older material dropped. I'm assuming or I could be wrong that most of these people have not been fans for more than 10 years. The first setlist of this tour contained only 8 song prior to 2000. U2's best music was before 2000 ie War, The Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree and even Achtung. I've seen people post that U2 should can Pride, With or Without You, One... I mean thats kind of like the Stones canning Satisfaction or Bruce canning Born to Run. U2 is still an awesome band but is nowhere near the band pre-2000. The passion from the shows of the Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, and Zoo Tv will never be matched.

I think its a shame that Bad isnt even played much anymore. Whens the last time U2 wrote a song like Bad. I mean its awesome.

lot of good points, but PRIDE doesn't have the same passion anymore when played live to me. It's running through the motions, plus I never liked it live.

I'm all for SBS, one, and WOWY staying....:up:

I'd rather hear Bullet than I Still Havent Found What I'm Looking For, which has never really done an awful lot for me tbh. One and Sunday Bloody Sunday have still got it imo.

However, I'm going to the first Milan show and must say I'm a little disappointed that I probably wont hear my two favourite U2 songs by the looks of it - Bullet and Until The End Of The World. Quite annoying considering they've been staples on the past couple of tours, and this just happens to be my first U2 show.

Hopefully one of the two makes into the set by the time they come to Scotland.

People who keep calling for Pride to stop returning clearly aren't noticing the energy it induces in the crowd, clearly the band are feeding off that and love to play it, its not just a matter of trumping it around as a greatest hit. Granted, sometimes they could put a little more life into it, but there have been some excellent recent performances, like the late Vertigo shows (evidenced on U23D), and the Slane performance was killer (all the band members having ear to ear smiles, clearly remembering having created it there was amazing as well).

Bullet needs some new life if it were to come back, since its always used in a reinvented way, but the Vertigo performance didn't really add anything, Elevation was great though.

I hope Bullet stays in the warhorse retirement home for this entire tour :pray:

But I totally disagree with people clamoring for Pride or Streets to be retired. Streets? This is the ultimate live song, even when it sounds bad (ok, not bad, but not in top form), its still amazing to hear it live. And speaking of Bad - this song should be mandatory, no questions asked. Why they don't play it as much as the other oldies boggles the mind.:confused: Actually, it should be the mandatory closer at every show. It is amazing live, and Bono always manages to make the lyrics interesting.

While a couple of good points here. I've seen U2 28 times starting from the War Tour and all those shows I've seen Pride every time except for once because it was during WarTour and the song was not written as of yet. I would like to see them play DIFFERING songs from back catalog like One Tree Hill, Exit, ASOH, Wire, Bad, Seconds, Electric Co., 11:00 Tick Tock I could go on and on......

Pride seems like they are going through the motions as w/ One and some times even WOWY (I wish Edge would rip off his grteat solo from JT or ZooTv tours). In my mind Bad should be a staple of any set. :shrug:

lot of good points, but PRIDE doesn't have the same passion anymore when played live to me. It's running through the motions, plus I never liked it live.

I'm all for SBS, one, and WOWY staying....:up:

I agree Pride is one of those songs that sound better on the album than it does live. I think the best live version was Zoo Tv with the MLK speech.

Those are fightin' words boy! I've definitely been a fan more than 10 years and I was turned onto U2 by the 80's albums---bought Unforgettable Fire & Rattle & Hum because I thought they were cool titles and I had 2 cd's left to fill on my BMG membership so I ordered them without hearing a single one of the songs. Needless to say, I was blown away! And I did think the live version of Pride from Rattle and Hum was better---still do even though I prefer the album version to most live versions, this song seems to sound stale live. I next bought Under a Blood Red Sky and Joshua Tree. I later got into the 90's albums. Achtung blew my mind. I remember picking up Pop the day it was released and listening to it 6 or 7 times before I finally "got it." Well, Pop (with the live versions of most of the songs spliced in) is my favorite U2 album. ATYCLB is an amazing collection of songs, and No Line on the Horizon (despite lacking a WOWY or One 10/10 type of song) is a fantastic album that really takes you on a journey. I can't imagine U2 without the innovation and beauty of their post-80's output, and my fandom stemmed from the 80's. It's all good, all of it!

When was the last time U2 wrote a song like bad? I can think of a few. Please comes to mind as the most similar, somewhat sub-par on the album, but absolutely intense and transcendent live.

Last edited:
I agree with bullet. It's a song that's grown on me over the years, but I've never thought it was a crowd pleaser, even with all the hand clapping

Technically, "Bullet" has always been a set design bonaza. I was hoping the Claw would have a go at it considering it's abiltiy to throw lights in a million places at once. It could revive the performance of the song. The song also adds demension to the band's set: it is one of a few (very few) "angry" U2 songs. My only complaint of U2360 (aside from the stupid "remix") is that the emotional climbs of the show don't not rise and fall. It mimics the cover of NLOTH... pretty straight. They killed Bullet on the last tour; however, I will never forget hearing/seeing it on the Joshua Tree/ZOOTV/and Elevation tours. It has more raw emotion than anything they've done and it was good to see Edge play w/ some fury. That's what's missing from this tour: rage and fury.

Those are fightin' words boy! I've definitely been a fan more than 10 years and I was turned onto U2 by the 80's albums---bought Unforgettable Fire & Rattle & Hum because I thought they were cool titles and I had 2 cd's left to fill on my BMG membership so I ordered them without hearing a single one of the songs. Needless to say, I was blown away! And I did think the live version of Pride from Rattle and Hum was better---still do even though I prefer the album version to most live versions, this song seems to sound stale live. I next bought Under a Blood Red Sky and Joshua Tree. I later got into the 90's albums. Achtung blew my mind. I remember picking up Pop the day it was released and listening to it 6 or 7 times before I finally "got it." Well, Pop (with the live versions of most of the songs spliced in) is my favorite U2 album. ATYCLB is an amazing collection of songs, and No Line on the Horizon (despite lacking a WOWY or One 10/10 type of song) is a fantastic album that really takes you on a journey. I can't imagine U2 without the innovation and beauty of their post-80's output, and my fandom stemmed from the 80's. It's all good, all of it!

When was the last time U2 wrote a song like bad? I can think of a few. Please comes to mind as the most similar, somewhat sub-par on the album, but absolutely intense and transcendent live.

The accoustive version with just Bono and the Edge of Please from Vertigo (I believe its on YouTUBE) is just awesome and it blows me away.

STREETS is a must....but they REALLY REALLY need to take out that speech before it. I thought the African flags and speech from BONO last tour was bad.....:angry:

Agreed although I would rather suffer through ToT:huh:'s speech than that ten minute diatribe by the AstroBoy at the ISS:down:

LOL

While a couple of good points here. I've seen U2 28 times starting from the War Tour and all those shows I've seen Pride every time except for once because it was during WarTour and the song was not written as of yet. I would like to see them play DIFFERING songs from back catalog like One Tree Hill, Exit, ASOH, Wire, Bad, Seconds, Electric Co., 11:00 Tick Tock I could go on and on......

Pride seems like they are going through the motions as w/ One and some times even WOWY (I wish Edge would rip off his grteat solo from JT or ZooTv tours). In my mind Bad should be a staple of any set. :shrug:

I would love to hear those songs and you ar 150% correct BAD should be played everynight. I'd refinance my house to hear Red Hill Mining Town Live as well.

Back
Top Bottom