Finally a break from 'Bullet' - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:12 PM
Finally a break from 'Bullet'

Cool song with good live versions, but out of all the war horses it was my pick to get shelved this tour. Still love Pride in the shows though. When was the last time in a full concert that bullet was not played?

Old 07-02-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:12 PM
Pride should go, and One must....um....die! :O

Old 07-02-2009, 01:08 AM   #3
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Cool song with good live versions, but out of all the war horses it was my pick to get shelved this tour. Still love Pride in the shows though. When was the last time in a full concert that bullet was not played?
Before this tour, it had missed just six shows since its debut. See the third paragraph here: U2gigs.com - FAQ

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-02-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Thanks for the link . . . Fascinating FAQ . . . Hard to believe Streets wasn't played for some of the Joshua Tree Tour
Old 07-02-2009, 05:29 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! it needed to retire.......
Old 07-02-2009, 06:32 AM   #6
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:12 AM
i would rather see ISHFWILF being dropped! I like Bullet, it's one of my favourite song if played like Elevation or Zoo TV
Old 07-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

ya i'd take ZOOTV Bullet....ISWFWILF needs to be dropped too as well as Pride.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #8
War Child

Hallelujah! Hopefully Pride and ISHFWILF will go too. Streets can stay though- it's U2's Born To Run.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

STREETS is a must....but they REALLY REALLY need to take out that speech before it. I thought the African flags and speech from BONO last tour was bad.....

they should do BAD or MLK into Streets.....

one positive note: the RED screen is back!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:20 AM   #10
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 03:12 AM
I'm glad it's gone.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I just wish Pride and One would go too or at least play them every two, three or four nights or maybe even never again...
Old 07-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #12
The Fly

I just joined this board and I'm amazed at the amount of people who want to see the older material dropped. I'm assuming or I could be wrong that most of these people have not been fans for more than 10 years. The first setlist of this tour contained only 8 song prior to 2000. U2's best music was before 2000 ie War, The Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree and even Achtung. I've seen people post that U2 should can Pride, With or Without You, One... I mean thats kind of like the Stones canning Satisfaction or Bruce canning Born to Run. U2 is still an awesome band but is nowhere near the band pre-2000. The passion from the shows of the Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, and Zoo Tv will never be matched.

I think its a shame that Bad isnt even played much anymore. Whens the last time U2 wrote a song like Bad. I mean its awesome.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #13
Ghost of Love

Bullet will return, you'll see.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Old 07-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

^ I'm really happy to see it was left off the setlist. I almost feel guilty saying so.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #15
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Bullet will return, you'll see.
I'm glad too see it go, but I'm afraid it's going to happen. The last time they got it right was on PopMart.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Thanks for the link . . . Fascinating FAQ . . . Hard to believe Streets wasn't played for some of the Joshua Tree Tour
tell me about it......

i went to a joshua tree tour gig and got stand by me and c'mon everybody as the first two songs and no streets!
Old 07-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
I just joined this board and I'm amazed at the amount of people who want to see the older material dropped. I'm assuming or I could be wrong that most of these people have not been fans for more than 10 years. The first setlist of this tour contained only 8 song prior to 2000. U2's best music was before 2000 ie War, The Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree and even Achtung. I've seen people post that U2 should can Pride, With or Without You, One... I mean thats kind of like the Stones canning Satisfaction or Bruce canning Born to Run. U2 is still an awesome band but is nowhere near the band pre-2000. The passion from the shows of the Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, and Zoo Tv will never be matched.

I think its a shame that Bad isnt even played much anymore. Whens the last time U2 wrote a song like Bad. I mean its awesome.
lot of good points, but PRIDE doesn't have the same passion anymore when played live to me. It's running through the motions, plus I never liked it live.

I'm all for SBS, one, and WOWY staying....
Old 07-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #18
The Fly

I'd rather hear Bullet than I Still Havent Found What I'm Looking For, which has never really done an awful lot for me tbh. One and Sunday Bloody Sunday have still got it imo.

However, I'm going to the first Milan show and must say I'm a little disappointed that I probably wont hear my two favourite U2 songs by the looks of it - Bullet and Until The End Of The World. Quite annoying considering they've been staples on the past couple of tours, and this just happens to be my first U2 show.

Hopefully one of the two makes into the set by the time they come to Scotland.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

People who keep calling for Pride to stop returning clearly aren't noticing the energy it induces in the crowd, clearly the band are feeding off that and love to play it, its not just a matter of trumping it around as a greatest hit. Granted, sometimes they could put a little more life into it, but there have been some excellent recent performances, like the late Vertigo shows (evidenced on U23D), and the Slane performance was killer (all the band members having ear to ear smiles, clearly remembering having created it there was amazing as well).

Bullet needs some new life if it were to come back, since its always used in a reinvented way, but the Vertigo performance didn't really add anything, Elevation was great though.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #20
Acrobat

I hope Bullet stays in the warhorse retirement home for this entire tour

But I totally disagree with people clamoring for Pride or Streets to be retired. Streets? This is the ultimate live song, even when it sounds bad (ok, not bad, but not in top form), its still amazing to hear it live. And speaking of Bad - this song should be mandatory, no questions asked. Why they don't play it as much as the other oldies boggles the mind. Actually, it should be the mandatory closer at every show. It is amazing live, and Bono always manages to make the lyrics interesting.