Fez - Being Born a gig opener anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

budvarka

The Fly
Massive mine!

Super intro and then they slowly walk up the stage...

Gives me strange shivering when imagining this.

Where s the tour info anyway?

I would be very surprised if Fez won't be played when the band comes on stage
definitely no Being Born though
I would just reckon No Line on the Horizon

I was actually thinking it would be a great opening for the encore...it's a bit too much of a "vibe" to start off the entire show (that'll go to NLOTH->Boots->some oldie), but once everyone's really into the show...the lights down, and the sound of the audience starts to blend into the openings of Fez (aren't they supposed to finally be doing something with the audience/sound/spotlight thingie this time?), and then BOOM, Being Born kicks in.

"let me in the sound" like they used "everyone" on the intro on the last tour. :yes:

I think they'll start with GOYB, like they did on Grammys/Brits and Echo, with a loooonger intro, different in every country...
I know, I know, it's very ZooTV-ish... but :drool:

I think it will be either be played just before the band take the stage or as a little interlude bit at the beginning of the encore.

I'd love to see them open with FEZBB. But, I don't think it's an approachable enough song for the masses. I'm open to being proven wrong, but like others have said, they'll open with NLOTH or Magnificent and go into Boots.
FEZBB would make a great encore opener or at a lull during the set where the band takes a short break and the lights are out.

Mark

I was actually thinking it would be a great opening for the encore...it's a bit too much of a "vibe" to start off the entire show (that'll go to NLOTH->Boots->some oldie), but once everyone's really into the show...the lights down, and the sound of the audience starts to blend into the openings of Fez (aren't they supposed to finally be doing something with the audience/sound/spotlight thingie this time?), and then BOOM, Being Born kicks in.

what if they somehow mixed it with drum intro from Breathe and that song would then kick in...

Using the audio of Fez would be cool, but "Magnificent" or "Breathe" would be killer openers.

I like it. Hell, I'm promoting you.

Fez should start the encore, after it is finished they begin the 4 or so minutes of Being Born. Would be special. :drool:

I could see it being played as the intro music. Same as Wake Up during the Vertigo tour. I'd love them to actually play it though since its a monumental piece of music.

I think they should play it toward the latter half of the main set and have the end of the song transition into Streets.

fez intro music with NO LINE as the first song
would just be great.prob a better intro than
having 'Boots' as the first song opener..
Maybe they can change it about @ different
venues:D but for sure Fez intro music
then the guys walk on stage to a huge
cheer

I agree 100%. Perfect setup for the band to slowly take the stage and then lights crashing in with the guitar...perfect.

As for the encore, Breathe has to be the encore opener.

It would be a perfect opener.

They typically open with something from the current album, something a little less well known, something with a pretty substantial "build up".

This song fits all the criteria and I would LOVE to hear it as an opener.

I chose FEZ-Being Born as the opener on the setlist thread. I think it could add some cool dramatics to kick off the show as the new sound, new tour is "being born".

My guess is Being Born wont be played live at all. I think Fez could be used as the intro like others have mentioned like "Everyone" was used on Vertigo.

The "obvious" songs for the lead off are "No Line" and "Boots". I wouldn't mind "No Line" as an opener but I would prefer if they didn't open with "Boots". Then again, maybe they will throw us a curve ball with the opener (IE like when they used Love and Peace temporarily on Vertigo). I just don't think it will be "Being Born".

I don't know about that. I think Unknown Caller is made to be an encore opener. I think it would fit perfectly.

I've actually been doing some more thinking about this. I really see Breathe as a very versatile song that I can see even being the opener (not my preference, but it could work).

However, I think that Breathe actually stands a very good shot of working in the spot where Streets traditionally ends up (ie. closing the main set) which would make Streets the IDEAL encore opener.

Think about it.

I think all the new songs will be played live, maybe except Cedars, but I could see that one as a snippet. NLOTH would make the perfect opener, but the intro from F-BB would be great, although it would have to be a lot longer to be a real concert intro.

I think they should play it toward the latter half of the main set and have the end of the song transition into Streets.

I'd love for Fez to just kind of loop as their entrance, but Being Born played on its own, in transition to Streets? Absolute dynamite idea!

Back
Top Bottom