Excited For Next Tour Already, So I Can Go Crazy If They Play I'll Go Crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
And hope to hear "I'll go crazy" the original way next time around. It was my favorite song on new album and they killed it live on Letterman and Fordham University. It was great.

And as soon as I saw that they made it their MIDPOINT (to use a screenwriting term of their show), I knew I'd never hear it that way. It was the new Love or Peace set piece (but that song I didnt love so I didn't care that much). They played it both ways in Barcelona I believe early on... it just kills me.

For all the MOS fans that just love love love that song, imagine how you would feel that they play it, but make it club mix, which to me is not U2.

I like the idea of it, but why not mess around with an older song that we've heard the right way before.

They always make the songs sound better than the album, except this is the one time they didn't for me. And it kills me.

The only point I can agree with there is using another song. I'd rather hear Discotheque. Otherwise, play the remix or never speak of it again

That song will be dead and buried on the next tour.. They won't bring back the remix.. Maybe it'll be a new acoustic number.

I hope not..

I think when they heard the Kick Out The Darkness remix they realized just how by the numbers CT was, hence wanting to give it, and them by extension, a new feel during 360. I don't dislike CT, but I don't like the middle 3 of NLOTH that watered down what could have been their 3rd masterpiece. The NLOTH tracks did not set the crowd alight the way they had hoped :)sad), but the CT remix always does.

So, while I can relate to you being frustrated that they chose your favorite NLOTH track to drastically alter, I love the remix and doubt the song would still be played to this day had it not been changed.

My favorite songs on the albums seem to be the ones that get left behind.

POP -- If God Will Send His Angels
AB -- Horses
ZOOROPA -- Lemon
ATYCLB -- Kite
ATOMIC BOMB -- Miracle Drug
NO LINE -- I'll go Crazy (you guessed that right?)

Well to be fair, all of Pop got left behind and up until this year Stay (Faraway, So Close!) was the only song from Zooropa to be played since 1993, Horses and Kite have occasionally resurfaced.

up until this year Stay (Faraway, So Close!) was the only song from Zooropa to be played since 1993

The First Time and The Wanderer called from 2005 and want to know what album they're actually on.

As for the original topic, I think it's safe to say that remixed Crazy, as a central part of the 360 Tour, will not be revisited on future tours unless the band get painfully nostalgic in twenty years or so (and can you imagine anything more awful than 70 year old U2 doing THAT?!). I'll miss it, since I think it's good fun and much better than the album version, but I always recognised that it was a one-time-only sort of deal. As for a live version more true to the album? Wouldn't be confident, given it's a track that hasn't exactly cemented a reputation for anything. Imagine it'll disappear into the ether so many other similar tracks have. Crazy appearing on the next tour feels about as unthinkable right now as Miracle Drug or Yahweh showing up on the current leg.

That said, at this point, I think it's much harder to predict which NLOTH songs will survive into the future as it was with HTDAAB, when Vertigo was guaranteed to stick around and COBL and SYCMIOYO both looked to have strong shots at longevity. I can't name a single NLOTH song that I am 100% confident will be played at the first show of whatever the next tour is. So Crazy may have a chance in that regard, especially if U2 like playing it (as they seem to have a good deal of fun live with any version of it).

I reckon Boots will stay. Perhaps Magnificent too, and maaaaybe Crazy original as it was indeed a single, but I'm not putting my money on it.

Back
Top Bottom