Enough With The Snippets!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea, forget these "u2" songs. i wanna hear them cover coldplay. and how about some jazz instrumentals. and whats with this "night concert thing". how about a show that started at 11am and was over by 3pm. like they have day games in baseball.

yea, forget these "u2" songs. i wanna hear them cover coldplay. and how about some jazz instrumentals. and whats with this "night concert thing". how about a show that started at 11am and was over by 3pm. like they have day games in baseball.

:lmao: :lmao: :up:

This thread makes me come this close to say "Enough with Interference"... but I guess we just need to learn to live with the bitches...ers.

Btw, snippets on this tour are great. You'll Never Walk Alone and Movin' on Up especially.

I like the snippets :) I vote the snippets stay!

not that U2 are going to come here and read this anyways...they probably don't care...:lol:

The Rolling Stones' 'Daddy you're a fool to cry' lyric during Bad is soooooo good! First time I heard it was ZooTV Dublin, on the radio broadcast, and it's bad-ass. I also liked Bono's snippeting of an unreleased U2 track, from the Axtung Beibei bootleg / sessions, during Bad in London the other night... :drool:

Did anyone actually read the original post? He wasn't saying snippets are bad full stop, he's saying that a lot seem to be snippetry for snippet's sake now. Seems like a fairly reasonable complaint compared to a lot of others you see on the board. But hey, just turn this into another thread with the same jokes as any other.

How many snippets would they need to fill a whole concert? :hmm:

Now that would be interesting. They could even snippet some U2 songs into the snippets.

Did anyone actually read the original post? He wasn't saying snippets are bad full stop, he's saying that a lot seem to be snippetry for snippet's sake now. Seems like a fairly reasonable complaint compared to a lot of others you see on the board. But hey, just turn this into another thread with the same jokes as any other.

since when do you get to be serious?

He said a snippet "wildly distracts from the performance of the U2 song itself." I can't agree with that, especially when most snippets are one or two lines. How is that distracting? It's not like they start playing a completely different song, Bono just sings a line or two and then moves on. Seems like a very minor thing to complain about. maybe we should complain about whenever Bono keeps saying the city's name in a show too.

OMG! There are jokes in OTHER threads, too?

I may become a Blue Crack Addict yet. :wink:

M

Enough with Bono singing. Really, it's unbearable.

They should just play the songs instrumental for 2 hours. What does a band need a singer for, anyway. Bono has sung on too many U2 concerts, IMO. Always hearing the same guy sing the same songs. I've really had enough of that. :madspit:

:lol:

Can we start eating brains yet?:drool:

I brought straws and forks.:D

that's a good idea, then we wouldn't have to look at them in person, i'm tired of looking at 'em. They should have to change band members every few years, that way we don't get bored with the band :lol:

Did anyone actually read the original post?

What!! now we have to start reading the original post. God forbid. What next staying on subject. :angry:

Snippets are the best and I for my part can't get enough of them at a concert. The standard ones aren't that special, but every once in a while they put a massive grin on your face ("Miss Sarajevo" in Zagreb) or make your jaw drop that Bono even remembers those old songs ("A Day Without Me" in London).

Bring' em on, I say!

Thank you. At least you got it.

T.B.

I think in the original template I was quoting your post with something like THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE FOLKS but actually I don't think it really matters, I owe everyone some cold and crunchy Stellas for my freakin' the fuck out.

Still, I wonder if I can talk you out of ever making that face again.

It depends. If they start going into a song from another artist after a while it gets old. If lets say at the end of Vertigo they go into a snippet of stores for boys like they did at times during the Vertigo tour I am all for that.

Back
Top Bottom