Electrical Storm????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i heard them soundchecking this yesterday and it sounded so so beautiful - made me mist up it was so lovely haha

I think some people are getting the wrong message with people been a bit critical of the performance!!!!

Its not "oh we don't wanna hear Electric Storm cause there playing it a bit off" in our
opinions!!!,

And there is no point in saying something as stupid as oh I hope them ppl discussing ES negatively don't get to hear it live! that's a horrible attitude !

We are just saying the song can be improved and I and many others have a problem with The Edge's pre-chorus riff!! Its a forum for discussion between fans!!!! I was one of the first on this thread to express my view that ES could be improved on alot! and I was shot down left, right and center stupidly for merely expressing my view on the performance YES I'm a huge U2 fan! Yes I'm thrilled and delighted they played ES for the first time! and YES I love the song! I just simply think it can be improved on.

Having said that I though the 2nd performance in Milan was MUCH better! IMO!!!! Bono sang it alot better, and I gotta say I don't really have much of a problem with the chorus synt, the music was spot on this time, the only criticism I could mention was the pre-chorus riff by Edge, which is obviously played on purpose, so ah well what can ye do, I guess the band is happy with it,

Just to give my take on the above question....

Why cant Edge teach Bono the chords?

I have no doubt Bono knows the chords!!! there v simple, just standards chords I think from memory, (f#m,,a,,e,,b), no doubt Bono knows those chords I think he is actually a v good guitar player, Only in live performances I think he struggles with singing and playing, he is giving his singing and performance his all, and his guitar playing suffers,

well just my take on it I might be wrong.

^ I agree, it could use some work. It was better in Milan. Still, I hope they keep playing it and working on it.

And so true about Bono's guitar playing, he struggles a lot. In Barca he even said: Turn down my guitar :lol:

^ I agree, it could use some work. It was better in Milan. Still, I hope they keep playing it and working on it.

And so true about Bono's guitar playing, he struggles a lot. In Barca he even said: Turn down my guitar :lol:

He meant in his monitor, Bono doesn't like to hear much in his monitor besides his voice. He prefers a very strong vocal mix.

God, the verses are fantastic, but everything else is worthless. Cut the riff in the pre-chorus, just play the damn chords. Lower the volume of the synth part and save it for the outro.

I love Electrical Storm. More than I ever have, really. But this could definitely use more work.

^ of those 5, I much prefer Milan, and the demo.

Milan was WAAAAAY better than Barca. It sounded amazing,and the pre-chorus riff worked this time. That is close to perfection

i swear if they do electrical storm on 20th august at sheffield i will keel over!
its just a song that i love i cant explain it i just love it!
its my bday day before so hoping if i cross my fingers hard enuf for it then ill get my wish:applaud:

i swear if they do electrical storm on 20th august at sheffield i will keel over!
its just a song that i love i cant explain it i just love it!
its my bday day before so hoping if i cross my fingers hard enuf for it then ill get my wish:applaud:

Isn't it more fun when you know you're not guaranteed to get a given song? :happy:

I am glad they chose to base it on the Orbit mix, I really like the mellow intro. I also love the synth and Bono sounds good.

I want to hear it at one of my shows :love: (followed by Gone :cute:)

Do you have premonitions, too, like Axver? :hyper:
Are you something bigger than an human? :hyper:

I wish you're right! :up:

I'm Axver's long lost twin. :wink:

No, I just have a very strong feeling about this. U2 seem to listen to their fans a LOT this tour, and I KNOW they know how the fan reaction to ES was. They are NOT gonna drop this. If we hadn't gotten UTEOTW and Bad last night, we would've gotten ES. U2 just wanted a special change for Amsterdam, so they left ES out for a bit. Paris II didn't have a spot due to the premier of MW. So they're just working on the setlists a bit, and I am confident it will appear. It must appear. I shall not rest before I have seen this song live and U2 has three more dates to make that happen!

And in the past, U2 have rehearsed songs that never appeared in the set just once, maybe twice. Drowning Man has been rehearsed plenty, AND there's the U2.com clip. It came true with Electrical Storm, and it will come true with DM.

As I was standing in the pissing rain of Amsterdam yesterday I was *convinced* they would play Electrical Storm and snippet Rain... yet neither happened!

Hopefully in Dublin I will hear...

Did Electrical Storm Get the Axe?

When was the last time it was played?

So far it has not been played in Dublin...

It would be a shame if the band dropped this one instead of honing it to perfection.

Don't they hear the cheers it gets when the Glockenspiel starts chiming?

I bet it'll be played tomorrow in Dublin. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear it in rehearsal today.

Back
Top Bottom