Electrical Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanH81

The Fly
I can't believe this great song has never been played live before. Surely it will finally debut this tour...?

i would crap my pants, causing me to miss the rest of the show. so while it may be cool, i wouldn't want to pay that price.

So am I right in thinking it's currently the only U2 single yet to be performed live in any capacity?

hmmm

I can imagine this being really awesome if done right... they should bring Terry up since his atmospheric keyboards would have to be pretty prominent. The song would be like the Orbit Mix... start with Terry playing keyboard, Bono singing and playing guitar, with Edge playing a few notes in the background... then let it explode.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the reason it wasn't played on the Vertigo Tour was the requirement for heavy Bono falsetto, something that doesn't always... happen nowadays.

With the current stage setup it could be done impressively with special effects and keyboards.

I'd love to hear it but I'm afraid the odds of it being played are low.

I'd love to hear it, but I doubt it will happen. It's a shame- except for possibly Magnificent, I think it's their single greatest song from 2002 forward.

Love to hear this live... and window in the skies...

Love this song so much, we needed more in this vein. At the very least we need it live. Unfortunately its not very likely.

could they not *snippet* it to another song at least? LOVE this song but Bono just isn't up to it LIVE :sad:

Why shouldn't Bono be "up to it" live? :huh:

ES is definitely a song I'd love to hear live, I could see them doing a beautiful live rendition, maybe even accoustic. Just keeping my fingers crossed, but I don't think the chances are very high, since they're never played that one.

Electrical Storm a weak song? I've never heard that one before! Why do you think it's weak?

It was rehearsed last tour, but I don't think we ever got the reason why it wasn't played. :hmm: Perhaps Edge will try again this tour?

i just see it as weak.. never liked it... it does nothing for me..

however this is just my opinion of it! i mean isn't everything just personal opinion?!

I still maintain that contextually "fuck" works wayyy better than "truck". The act of sex without knowing what is up with the relationship or where one wants more or less than the other creates a stifling heaviness that hangs over the heads of the lovers.

Maybe Bono will pull out that lil gem live. If so, :up: Otherwise, find a replacement for "truck" Bono. ;)

*snerk* Stifling.

Many people fall over that line, and I do see how lame it is. :hmm: But I have no clue what it'd be replaced with.

Heavy as a snerk? :wink:

I still maintain that contextually "fuck" works wayyy better than "truck". The act of sex without knowing what is up with the relationship or where one wants more or less than the other creates a stifling heaviness that hangs over the heads of the lovers.

Maybe Bono will pull out that lil gem live. If so, :up: Otherwise, find a replacement for "truck" Bono. ;)

I kind of agree :lol:

But what's "heavy as a fuck"? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom