Edge gives some hints on the setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
From atu2.com:

Please sit down before reading. Kthx. By now, it's possibly the No. 1 question on every U2 fan's mind: What songs will U2 play on tour this year? Edge shares some possible answers in the new issue of Rolling Stone (with Green Day on the cover). Here's a snippet shared with us by @U2 Forum member, "The Exile."

RS: "What will the set lists be like?"

Edge: "We're talking about resurrecting songs we haven't played in a long time. I have a list of every U2 song -- some I can't remember anymore -- even some of the B-sides that we've never played live. We were thinking how much fun it would be to play something like 'Luminous Times.' Certain songs from the last couple of tours, we may not play again. We want to find songs that feel fresh and valid."

RS: "How are the new songs shaping up live?"

Edge: "We'll play about half the album, and having played some in TV appearances, we know these songs translate well live. There's a few that will be up there with our best-ever live songs. Some of them we really have to rework -- 'Crazy Tonight' was a very keyboard oriented song on the album, but I took it to the guitar live, and it sounds great...."

Edge also says he "wouldn't rule out" singing lead on a song, and when Rolling Stone suggests "Numb," Edge promises to add it to the list of possibilities. Use the link to talk about all this in our forum.

:hmm:

UF, Please, Gone, Exit... and I'm a verry happy man.

Too bad only half of NLOTH will be played.
GOYB, Magnificent, Breathe, CT... and only 2 more? :sad:
MOS for sure is one... and maybe NLOTH?

edit/ unless they'll rotate some songs from NLOTH... UC, SUC and WAS deserve to be played too, IMO

Well, he says that now...I'm hoping for 7-8 songs.

Boots, Crazy, Magnificent, Breathe and NLOTH for sure. I know Bono was saying Edge is trying to figure out MOS so that may get played.

VERY exciting.

My three biggest wishes: A Sort of Homecoming, Ultraviolet and Gloria.

RS: "What will the set lists be like?"

Edge: "We're talking about resurrecting songs we haven't played in a long time. I have a list of every U2 song -- some I can't remember anymore -- even some of the B-sides that we've never played live. We were thinking how much fun it would be to play something like 'Luminous Times.' Certain songs from the last couple of tours, we may not play again. We want to find songs that feel fresh and valid."

:hmm:

WOW that would be great. They might not play MOS in the beginning of the tour, that is such a tricky thing to try and they'll have enough trouble getting started ;)

What about Acrobat?

Exciting news! Would love to hear Luminious Times! This tour is shaping up to be visually interesting, in my opinion.

I've seen a few 360degree/in the round shows, and all of them have been more music-centered instead of visually-driven. With a big round stage with lights ABOVE the band, all of the guys can turn around and face each other during a song and feed off their colletive sound (when turning around in a song subjects you to a wall of lights like at the Vertigo outdoor shows, it makes it a little harder to roam around freely).

I have a feeling Edge is right here--although we may not be getting too many b-sides--and the tour will be a breathe a fresh air with a number of songs from the old catalog getting a full treatment live. :hyper:

No, I want more than half of NLOTH :sad:

I hope they change their mind and work on more NLOTH songs.

Apart from that, I'm excited to hear they want to pull out some rarely played songs.

I can live without them playing Unknown Caller, though I'll be surpised if they don't play at least 7 tracks from NLOTH, hopefully they'll play some tracks from Songs of Ascent as the tour progresses too.
I'm hoping and praying that Edge can remember how to play A Celebration, that would be my fanboy wet dream, plus a bit of Treasure!!

Wow. Luminous times would be quite the surprise!

Well, previously unplayed bsides... NLOTH II is a bside and hasn't been played live. :shifty:

I would like to hear more of NOLH as well, but its exciting to see they are thinking of some other songs. Luminous Times would be great! Looking forward to this tour even more now :hyper:

I really hope they play every NLOTH song, but if they start playing Luminous Times and Numb, I will most likely wet myself.

360 Setlist

Let's hope Edge is talking about resurrecting the long bashed/disowned Pop album - Discotheque/Gone/Last nite on earth/MOFO etc., :drool::drool::drool::drool: and some cool stuff like Electrical Storm 'n HMTMKMKM....we'll prolly get an Elvis cover as Bono seems obsessed...I have no prob w/U2 covering the King....remeber that old tune that was all the rage during the 2002 World Cup, Elvis Presley vs. JXL Remix of A Little Less Conversation?? :D:D

I have my doubts about that.Sure,die hard fans like us will love it but we are in the minority who knows those kind of songs.

Believe me,if they pull out "Luminous time" "A celebration" or even "Surrender",it's going to be bathroom time for half of the stadium.

I have my doubts about that.Sure,die hard fans like us will love it but we are in the minority who knows those kind of songs.

Believe me,if they pull out "Luminous time" "A celebration" or even "Surrender",it's going to be bathroom time for half of the staddium.

Let them go to the bathroom then.....:wink:

I'll believe it when I see it, but I liked how they dusted off some oldies last tour and really hope they do it again.

someone needs to find the RS writer that suggested numb, and slap some sense into them. numb might just be the worst live u2 song ever, no need to relive that nightmare. now, if edge needs to sing, he could do an acoustic solo and breathe some new life into a tired old song (like sbs on popmart).

as for laying to rest some of the recent ones, i am all for it. maybe they won't play anything from bomb other than vertigo. i would love to see the warhorses rotated.

luminous times would be wonderful. would love to see a slightly reworked, and updated version. that would be really cool.

Edge: "We'll play about half the album, and having played some in TV appearances, we know these songs translate well live. There's a few that will be up there with our best-ever live songs. Some of them we really have to rework -- 'Crazy Tonight' was a very keyboard oriented song on the album, but I took it to the guitar live, and it sounds great...."

This could be good.

Maybe it means they won't waste a spot on SUC. :hyper:

van diemen's land > numb. of course both will probably lead to long lines at the loo. still hoping they find the courage to play acrobat. and please drop pride:

I can live without Bullet.

I also hope they play more than half of NLOTH, but those old songs and b-sides should be a real treat.

Back
Top Bottom