Drowning man would be HUGE for a diehard like me - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 04:45 PM
Drowning man would be HUGE for a diehard like me

I deliberately avoided listening to Drowning Man rehearsals from Barcelona as this song is very precious to me and I didn't know if they could pull it off live but I finally relented and all I can say is : PLAY IT NOW!!!!!!

Let's be honest, for most in the audience it will probably be a toilet break song but for me this would be an absolute live highlight!!!!!Sorry to Acrobat fans but that song pales in comparison to the sheer beauty of this song!!!It has a very special place in my heart.

Unfortunately, tonight is my last gig of this current US tour but who knows? Maybe next year I will get to this amazing highlight!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:45 PM
My money is on Giants Stadium 1.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:45 PM
I'd take DM over YBR any day (and especially IGWSHA, which they never pulled out), but that's just me. Drowning Man is a song I've grown to really enjoy.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Maybe it'll become the YBR room of the next leg
Old 09-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:45 PM
i really don't see it ever being played this tour. our best chance was Barcelona.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
Gunslinger

At this point in time, its not going to happen.

I imagine that everything that has been played from Barcalona to now ("officially" - setlist not soundchecked) is what they're sticking to. On this leg alone, we have 2 sets of shows (4) with identical setlists to an immediately previous show and we're only 5 shows in. If anything, this tells me that the element of surprise is pretty much out the window. The band seem pretty happy with this.

Tonight should be:

in- YBR, Stay and either End of the World or Pride or Bad
out- Stuck, M Ways, and NYD.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #7
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
i really don't see it ever being played this tour. our best chance was Barcelona.
We need to come up with perfect segway for the song and somehow suggest it to the band.

My suggestion:

Where the streets have no name.

The moody start of Streets gradually gaining volume just before edge's guitar kicks in would be PERFECT as the strains of Drowning man end if you ask me!!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #8
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:45 PM
So I had a chance to talk to Dallas Schoo at the Boston 2 show. He basically said that Drowning Man is definitely still on the table for the band and they really want to play it. He said its ready to be played but the band is very concerned about how it would fit into the show. He also said that he is fairly confident that it will get played on this tour.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:36 AM   #9
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef690 View Post
So I had a chance to talk to Dallas Schoo at the Boston 2 show. He basically said that Drowning Man is definitely still on the table for the band and they really want to play it. He said its ready to be played but the band is very concerned about how it would fit into the show. He also said that he is fairly confident that it will get played on this tour.
thank you for posting, good news!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:10 AM   #10
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:45 AM
Quote:
Ooh, now that is interesting. I figured that Dublin III was its last chance and the band were dissatisfied with it. Glad to hear that may not be the case after all.

And truly, if they're worried about the show struggling to recover from Drowning Man, just whack it before Streets or Bad. A main set ending with Drowning Man/Streets/Bad would be epic.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-28-2009, 04:12 AM   #11
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

god, that would be just brilliant. it was amazing enough to not only have ybr premiere this tour but to also be at the show where it premiered. i'd lose it (in a wonderful, fantastic way) if they pull out drowning man too. i really hope it gets played live and is still in the setlist by the next time i can see them.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:52 AM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
That would be awesome. I think they'll perform it on the next leg. I can't wait.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:58 AM   #13
Forum Moderator

Someone needs to make a sign, "Drowning Man, Just Do It".

I've got another 5 shows coming up, I think I'll work on the sign.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:49 AM   #14
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblin rose View Post
Someone needs to make a sign, "Drowning Man, Just Do It".

I've got another 5 shows coming up, I think I'll work on the sign.
Hey Rose, do a sign in Big letters ...

Drowning Man ====> Streets

or

Drowning Man ====> Bad ===> Streets

It'll be nice to hear on the bootlegs so I hope I get the chance to be jealous of you seeing it!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:18 AM   #15
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
*Dublin III, where it was rehearsed last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellow moog View Post
Hey Rose, do a sign in Big letters ...

Drowning Man ====> Streets

or

Drowning Man ====> Bad ===> Streets

It'll be nice to hear on the bootlegs so I hope I get the chance to be jealous of you seeing it!!!!!!
Bad idea, you'd be saying that you think Drowning man is better than Streets. I wouldn't want DM over Streets, hell no.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...