Drowning man would be HUGE for a diehard like me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As rare as it is to see UF crop up in the live setting, as an actual song it's really pretty well known. High charting single, Best Of track, well-recognised by crowds. It was always a realistic prospect of a live comeback and I think the biggest surprise is it didn't happen sooner. I don't think it's quite comparable to things like YBR or Drowning Man showing up.

As rare as it is to see UF crop up in the live setting, as an actual song it's really pretty well known. High charting single, Best Of track, well-recognised by crowds. It was always a realistic prospect of a live comeback and I think the biggest surprise is it didn't happen sooner. I don't think it's quite comparable to things like YBR or Drowning Man showing up.
granted, but five months ago, if you said u2 would play a set like this:

Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Elevation
Your Blue Room
Unknown Caller
Until The End Of The World
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
The Unforgettable Fire
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday
MLK
Walk On
One
Where The Streets Have No Name

encore(s):
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender

you would have drowned in drool smileys and would have also been laughed off the site.

I wouldn't go that far. The only songs there in any way remarkable are YBR, Stay, UF, MLK, and UV, and I wouldn't say Stay and MLK are outlandish picks at all, given they'd been done live within the last four years. The only one you'd be truly laughed off the site for is YBR.

Oh, and I suppose you also might've been laughed off for suggesting the band would still be dredging up Elevation and Walk On.

right? it's funny how the comfort level with this tour all of a sudden makes songs like TUF and Ultraviolet seem like staples.

Absolutely. I was thrilled when I knew these were going to be part of the tour.

It doesn't hurt though to ask for a song they've at least rehearsed this tour even if it's never been live at a gig before!!

I was stunned to Get Electric Co and An Cat dubh last tour so who knows.

Bring Back....

Twilight
Surrender
11 0' Clock Tick Tock
I Fall Down
One Tree Hill
A Day Without me
Miss Sarajevo
Lemon

As well as Drowning Man and Love Comes Tumbling, also add

Promenade
Lady With the Spinning Head
Big Girls are Best

Well that's enough for now.:happy:

They were worried about the unknown/melancholy factor with DM, but dared with YBR (a dare I think paid off), maybe we need to get an astronaut to do a couple verses of whatever rarity we want played, then they'll turn their attention to it? :hmm:

Honestly at the very least DM is a non-single, never before played track that was once released under the name 'U2', which YBR wasn't. Do it!

Good point. I'm going to hire an astronaut to sing a few lines of A Sort Of Homecoming.

Jim Lovell should sing Lemon in falsetto, while original NASA footage and photos of Apollo 13 fly around the screen.

Good point. I'm going to hire an astronaut to sing a few lines of A Sort Of Homecoming.

Please do!!! Come on, with all the UF love, how can we not see this song resurface? Especially in light of Magnificent. Again though, I think I'd explode even if I heard ABOUT it getting played, let alone being there.

Back
Top Bottom