Discotheque

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would also explain why they only did it twice.

Popmart and Elevation versions were better.

Not really, the reason they stopped playing it was that Edge did not think it fit the setlist. They also were working on a POP encore for the Spring 2006 stadium tour they were tentatively planning with Mofo or Discotheque opening the encore (A popcore if you will ;) ). They were also planning to play Velvet Dress attached to Discotheque and Bono was pretty excited about how it sounded. I think its an example that Bono does not always get his way as a lot of people think.

U2 have a lot of great "ideas" that they work on during the tour. Unfortunately most of the time they don't end up in the show. We would have had a blues/hard rock version of Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car on Vertigo if they did.

Not really, the reason they stopped playing it was that Edge did not think it fit the setlist. They also were working on a POP encore for the Spring 2006 stadium tour they were tentatively planning with Mofo or Discotheque opening the encore (A popcore if you will ;) ). They were also planning to play Velvet Dress attached to Discotheque and Bono was pretty excited about how it sounded. I think its an example that Bono does not always get his way as a lot of people think.

U2 have a lot of great "ideas" that they work on during the tour. Unfortunately most of the time they don't end up in the show. We would have had a blues/hard rock version of Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car on Vertigo if they did.

is this actually factual? or rumor?

i mean how would anyone find out there was possibly a "popcore" besides rumors and heresay. not knocking your post i would just love to know where that came from

i mean how would anyone find out there was possibly a "popcore" besides rumors and heresay. not knocking your post i would just love to know where that came from

I think for the most part its pretty true. There were many reports of people hearing Mofo rehearsed and they had graphic work/images for the Popcore. See Discotheque live from the Vertigo Tour.

Its a fact. If you don't want to believe me though I'm cool with it. No worries :)

Chicago wants Discotheque back.

lemon.jpg

And a fucking mirrorball lemon, please.

The Popcore plan is typifies everything which frustrates me about U2. They have a great idea and then seem to lose their nerve. I hope Discotheque returns precisely because it doesn't wear its heart on its sleeve but wishing for it is akin to wanting "heaven, HEAVEN in your heart" :p

DISCOTHEQUE is a must in the USA, it should takes CRAZY's place in the setlist, as it's a naturally mind blowing song in its original form!!

THE CLAW is screaming for DISCOTHEQUE, oh, and HMTMKM!!

...riddle me this riddle me that...who's afraid of the big bat :sexywink:

DISCOTHEQUE is a must in the USA, it should takes CRAZY's place in the setlist, as it's a naturally mind blowing song in its original form!!

Oh hell no. NOT Crazy's place. That song must not be dropped!

Discotheque should seque into Crazy!!!!!

Discotheque --> Crazy Tonight --> Daddy's Gonna Pay (Zooropa Tour Style - full Soviet kitsch intro) --> Mysterious Ways... quite a way to end the main set, no?

yea, mofo-disco-crazy-do you feel-even better (popmart mexico city version). hows that for a middle of the set u2 rave break? lol.

I love "Do You Feel Loved", it's one of my favorite U2 recordings ever.

But it was a dreadful song live, they couldn't pull it off. So I hope, if there is some type of mini Pop revival, that it's left out.

Ah, I quite liked DYFL on Popmart- they could have got it to work but they give up too easily just like with ES so we then get Stuck and Angel of Harlem ad nauseam,

A pop-encore would be just so amazing!:drool:
But I don't think that it will happen, sadly enough.

*cough* *cough* *hack* Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Yeahhhhhhh!!!!

Back
Top Bottom