Crazy tonight remix appreciation thread ! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2009, 06:24 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:59 AM
Crazy tonight remix appreciation thread !

Ultraviolet has its own thread, the other highlight of the show deserves it too. Certainly the most talked about part of the show ...

A radical re-working on the song (nothing comes close except maybe RTSS on Zoo TV), it's totally different to the album. The disco-like effects on the video are great, and cool see Larry swinging on the little hand-played drums, only to switch to the kit for the energetic ending.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:32 AM   #2
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:59 PM
agreed. i love it!

they really transformed a song i didn't much care for on the album into something awesome. like you said, it's a highlight of the show.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:43 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 03:59 AM
I say more, they transformed the worst song on the album into the best part of the show, now that's something!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:59 PM
I love the live remix too much! And seriously, it never has been the worst song on the album for me.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:59 PM
Love the song on the album, but the remix and how it fits into the live show is incredible.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 03:59 AM
like the album version- first time I heard the remix I was a bit shocked and didn't get it- second time in Dublin and then at the rest of the shows it just blew me away- one of my high lights of the show- and coming after COBL and Vertigo totally knackering (but in a good way)
Old 09-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

highlight of the show for me, and many many others. the crowd just goes insane.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
Galeonbroad

:FUCKYEAH:

I totally was not sure about this before I had actually experienced it. yes, that is not seeing, that's not hearing, this song is all about experiencing it.

Those first few seconds where the rest of the people wonder where the fuck they're listening to, then everyone jumping along... oh man, just thinking about it still gives me chills! I LOVED IT.

I got tickets for a friend, his parents had their wedding anniversary the day of the 2nd AMS concert, so I got him four tickets. They LOVED the show, but what's more, they LOVED the remix! It was their favourite moment of the entire night!

I loved this song on the first listen, and I love how they reworked it. Best song this tour, by far.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 09-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
:FUCKYEAH:

I totally was not sure about this before I had actually experienced it. yes, that is not seeing, that's not hearing, this song is all about experiencing it.

Those first few seconds where the rest of the people wonder where the fuck they're listening to, then everyone jumping along... oh man, just thinking about it still gives me chills! I LOVED IT.

I got tickets for a friend, his parents had their wedding anniversary the day of the 2nd AMS concert, so I got him four tickets. They LOVED the show, but what's more, they LOVED the remix! It was their favourite moment of the entire night!

I loved this song on the first listen, and I love how they reworked it. Best song this tour, by far.
yep. and i didn't even know how much of an impact it had on people until i was caught in the jam of people after Chicago 1. i would honestly say that i heard at least 20 comments about how cool it was after the show....and it seemed like these comments came from people who didn't know about it beforehand.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #10
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
yep. and i didn't even know how much of an impact it had on people until i was caught in the jam of people after Chicago 1. i would honestly say that i heard at least 20 comments about how cool it was after the show....and it seemed like these comments came from people who didn't know about it beforehand.
Yeah, that surprised me too. After people on here saying it would only be nice for the hardcore fans, regular people do not care about it... I was surpised. I asked a couple of other friends who like U2 but aren't as hard core as we are, and they all unanimously said it was their favourite moment of the night. Everyone thought it was awesome and loved it.

And still people on here claim that nobody was into it but a few hardcore fans. Not at the shows I was at!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 09-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooropean103 View Post
I say more, they transformed the worst song on the album into the best part of the show, now that's something!
THIS

Old 09-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
Love the song on the album, but the remix and how it fits into the live show is incredible.
Agreed, + = .
Old 09-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:59 PM
fucking mental.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

I am sooooooo loving the remix, this should be the one that was released as a single.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved1998 View Post
This was unbelievable, I was dancin felt like I was at a club and then I look behind me and no one else was moving except a guy that was 20 years younger who was enjoying it as much a me!!! I was like WTF people!