Crazy Tonight - Original vs Remix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Live Version Is Better?

• Original Album Version

Votes: 44 25.4%
  • Remixed Live Version

Votes: 129 74.6%

• Total voters
Got to be the remixed version for me, i love the orginal song on the album and the live versions from letterman etc, but i just really dont see it working in a stadium, and IMO that video shows it, where as the remix version seemed to have people dancing and clapping along,

that being said, there will be people who love the normal version, so you really cannot please everybody.

This is tough. I love the live version a great deal, but the studio version is one of my favorite tracks on the album. But, man, the live version of the studio version was so flat, it's kinda killed the studio version for me a bit. I think it has to be the remix.

like i've said many times, it's really all about whether or not you like the album version.

i personally think that the album version is the most bland song on NLOTH, so i prefer the remix. looks like an awesome live moment!

like i've said many times, it's really all about whether or not you like the album version.

i personally think that the album version is the most bland song on NLOTH, so i prefer the remix. looks like an awesome live moment!

:up::wink:

Good thread :wave: but for clarity purposes, I think a 3rd option should be added.

There are:

A) CRAZY (Original Album version)
B) CRAZY (LIVE Re-mix version)
C) CRAZY (LIVE original album version)

Personally speaking, the performance that they put LIVE when playing the (Re-mix version) is spectacular, the energy and the light show is superb, and this could be easily translated to any of the following songs, while not sacraficing this part of the show:

Discotheque
Hold me Thrill me Kiss me
Mofo

...While at the same time, keeping a good performance of the (LIVE original album version) of CRAZY... then again, I would replace it all together with Stand Up Comedy :reject:

I think the poll question isn't specific enough. At home or even driving in my car? I like the album version just fine. In the concert? The remix one kicks ass. Having said that...if U2 had never used a remix concept for this song live, would I have ever wanted one or thought 'gee this song should be remixed live'? No. I don't think anyone would have. The reaction you are seeing from the crowd for the album version is understandable and natural: a, they just heard this very danceable remix 30 mins or so earlier and b, people were probably like 'wtf - they played this already! play me _______ (insert favorite request here)'. So I think to be fair we have to consider what the audience might have looked like had U2 never introduced this remix version at all. I think it would look a bit better. Having said that...almost assuredly the people who actually know the song at this point are in the minority. Here's where the remix is really cool, because basically people got involved based on the driving beat/dance aspect. Smart move. :up:

The poll question (given the part of the forum we're in) should be: Which would you rather hear U2 perform live?

EDIT: ok, just saw the recent posts...I still think two options are fine so long as the question pertains to what song we'd rather hear live..

My favorite live version is still the Letterman version, so I voted for original.

we have enough sampling to officially project the live remix as the winner. :up:

dewey_defeats_truman.jpg

Remix, all the way. I don't mind the album version at all live, but I think the remixed live version is in a class by itself. The most purely fun and experimental performance idea since the days of Popmart.

Comparing the two live versions so far, I'd take the first night. The boys sound like they're having a lot more fun, just throwing it out to a completely unsuspecting audience. That breakdown at the 4:40ish mark with Larry/Adam/Edge? is killer.

Live? The remix...In the studio? The original.

If they're going to do this song live, might as well have an off-the-wall moment in the show. And this can be it.

Original, obviously. CT is the perfect pop rock song and it's one of the most U2-ish-ADN songs ever,.
I still think that I like the idea of the CT remix but I still keep saying that the idea of this remix could've been taken to a new song... and it wouldn't be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom