Crazy tonight - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
The Fly
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 212
Local Time: 01:18 PM
Crazy tonight

Sure wish they had dropped that song. Seems to me if they won't play it at a festival then they should drop it at a stadium too.....

__________________

badu2fan is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 11:18 AM
No. Way.

one of the show highlights for me.

But it's a total love it or hate it kind of thing among U2 fans.
__________________

corianderstem is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
New Yorker
 
Tyagu_Anaykus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Naked on the Beach
Posts: 2,821
Local Time: 07:18 PM
I like it!


But replace it with Discothèque
Tyagu_Anaykus is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
KUEFC09U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 8,360
Local Time: 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badu2fan View Post
Sure wish they had dropped that song. Seems to me if they won't play it at a festival then they should drop it at a stadium too.....

Didnt play it at the festival because it relies heavily on the claw, and the 4 band members being mobile and moving around.
KUEFC09U2 is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
Refugee
 
Vlaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Holland
Posts: 1,633
Local Time: 07:18 PM
It's bad dance music, but I didn't mind the remix when I heard it live. Fun interaction between the mand members.
Vlaco is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 08:18 PM
Fuckno. Best thing they DID this tour.


And the spanking has to stay.

Do wish they'd segue it into Discotheque rather than just snippeting it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 02:18 PM
I think the downside is the vocal delivery---the verses aren't really set up to be well adapted to club music. However, I think Bono is doing a much better job with it this leg. I think it stands out as something that makes 360 unique.
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Do wish they'd segue it into Discotheque rather than just snippeting it.
This. This. This.

 
THIS!
__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
nirniva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Da U.P., eh?
Posts: 4,459
Local Time: 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Do wish they'd segue it into Discotheque rather than just snippeting it.
Best of both worlds, right there. Crowds would go insane.
nirniva is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirniva View Post
Best of both worlds, right there. Crowds would go insane.
Well, the 5,000 of us who actually know and like Pop would. The other 65,000 or whatever would still be playing with their iPhones or making a beer run.

I mean, I'd go bonkers, would love to see it. But let's be realistic here.
corianderstem is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,247
Local Time: 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Fuckno. Best thing they DID this tour.


And the spanking has to stay.

Do wish they'd segue it into Discotheque rather than just snippeting it.

Hell yeah!

Highlight of the tour for me.
And yes, I wish they'd completely segue into Discotheque.
dizzy is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #12
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 56,864
Local Time: 04:18 AM
I loved it as well, though I'd much rather them play Discotheque or Mofo in its spot.
cobl04 is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
Hell yeah!

Highlight of the tour for me.
And yes, I wish they'd completely segue into Discotheque.


It would be so perfect. I know I've stated this many times.. but when Bono does the first lines, Edge did that funky disco-esque riff during the first Euro shows of the 2010 leg. Adam could come in during the next line, and then larry... then all go silent when Edge does that killer riff and wham, all go into the song.

Why do U2 NOT see how fuckin' perfect this would be?


And for the politics haters it'd be good too, as no more turn on your radio shite.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
theedgeu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Posts: 4,848
Local Time: 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post


It would be so perfect. I know I've stated this many times.. but when Bono does the first lines, Edge did that funky disco-esque riff during the first Euro shows of the 2010 leg. Adam could come in during the next line, and then larry... then all go silent when Edge does that killer riff and wham, all go into the song.

Why do U2 NOT see how fuckin' perfect this would be?


And for the politics haters it'd be good too, as no more turn on your radio shite.
Exactly this! I guess they hate Pop just enough so that they do not want to play it. Which is sad and pathetic that they can't go into Discotheque right after Crazy Tonight.

As for what the thread starter said, I loved Crazy Tonight when I saw it a couple years ago. Was one of the highlights of the night. I'm guessing this has happened at just about every show, but there's a big WTF??? moment at first and then everyone gets into it. I was the same way. Avoided many videos until the show and I was 100% sure I was going to hate it, going by descriptions of the remix here on Interference. Instead I 100% loved it! It really is a love it or hate it song. I also think it segues out of Vertigo really nicely. It's also great for Larry to get up from his drum kit for a while and move around and interact with the crowd. I wonder if it'll stay for other tours or only be tied to 360?
theedgeu2 is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #15
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 12:18 PM
Could we dump SBS and its clunky transition and segue into Discotheque instead?
__________________

__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com