Crazy tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badu2fan

The Fly
Sure wish they had dropped that song. Seems to me if they won't play it at a festival then they should drop it at a stadium too.....

:doh:

No. Way.

one of the show highlights for me.

But it's a total love it or hate it kind of thing among U2 fans.

Sure wish they had dropped that song. Seems to me if they won't play it at a festival then they should drop it at a stadium too.....

:doh:

Didnt play it at the festival because it relies heavily on the claw, and the 4 band members being mobile and moving around.

It's bad dance music, but I didn't mind the remix when I heard it live. Fun interaction between the mand members.

Fuckno. Best thing they DID this tour.

And the spanking has to stay.

Do wish they'd segue it into Discotheque rather than just snippeting it.

I think the downside is the vocal delivery---the verses aren't really set up to be well adapted to club music. However, I think Bono is doing a much better job with it this leg. I think it stands out as something that makes 360 unique.

Best of both worlds, right there. Crowds would go insane. :up:

Well, the 5,000 of us who actually know and like Pop would. The other 65,000 or whatever would still be playing with their iPhones or making a beer run.

I mean, I'd go bonkers, would love to see it. But let's be realistic here. ;)

Fuckno. Best thing they DID this tour.

And the spanking has to stay.

Do wish they'd segue it into Discotheque rather than just snippeting it.

Hell yeah!

Highlight of the tour for me.
And yes, I wish they'd completely segue into Discotheque. :yes:

Hell yeah!

Highlight of the tour for me.
And yes, I wish they'd completely segue into Discotheque. :yes:

:hi5:

It would be so perfect. I know I've stated this many times.. but when Bono does the first lines, Edge did that funky disco-esque riff during the first Euro shows of the 2010 leg. Adam could come in during the next line, and then larry... then all go silent when Edge does that killer riff and wham, all go into the song.

Why do U2 NOT see how fuckin' perfect this would be? :sad:

And for the politics haters it'd be good too, as no more turn on your radio shite.

:hi5:

It would be so perfect. I know I've stated this many times.. but when Bono does the first lines, Edge did that funky disco-esque riff during the first Euro shows of the 2010 leg. Adam could come in during the next line, and then larry... then all go silent when Edge does that killer riff and wham, all go into the song.

Why do U2 NOT see how fuckin' perfect this would be? :sad:

And for the politics haters it'd be good too, as no more turn on your radio shite.

Exactly this! :up: I guess they hate Pop just enough so that they do not want to play it. Which is sad and pathetic that they can't go into Discotheque right after Crazy Tonight.

As for what the thread starter said, I loved Crazy Tonight when I saw it a couple years ago. Was one of the highlights of the night. I'm guessing this has happened at just about every show, but there's a big WTF??? moment at first and then everyone gets into it. I was the same way. Avoided many videos until the show and I was 100% sure I was going to hate it, going by descriptions of the remix here on Interference. Instead I 100% loved it! It really is a love it or hate it song. I also think it segues out of Vertigo really nicely. It's also great for Larry to get up from his drum kit for a while and move around and interact with the crowd. I wonder if it'll stay for other tours or only be tied to 360?

Crazy Tonight remix is arguably the highlight of the 360 tour, a total party that got everyone jumping at the shows I saw. I feel kinda sad that we'll probably never see it again on future tours since it is very tied to 360's production. Who knows, but enjoy it while it lasts.

Personally I liked the transition to SBS, but ever since watching this video I thought Breathe really would have worked well in rotation with SBS. Shame since it works better here than it did as the opener, IMHO.

YouTube - ‪U2 - Crazy Tonight (Remix) / Breathe transition‬‏

Personally I liked the transition to SBS, but ever since watching this video I thought Breathe really would have worked well in rotation with SBS. Shame since it works better here than it did as the opener, IMHO.
Very well-done mockup. I've always felt that Breathe would have gotten a better reception live had it not been the opener, and this seems like a good slot for it.

I don't see why people cringe over the "club" aspect of it. U2 are not a club/dance band, will never will be (which is why I never really want to hear that "club" record) but I genuinely loved it at each of the three shows I saw.

That is a nice transition. I had no idea Breathe sounded so dirty at the start. Definitely not a show opener though, Edge's riff is too slow.

Exactly this! :up: I guess they hate Pop just enough so that they do not want to play it. Which is sad and pathetic that they can't go into Discotheque right after Crazy Tonight.

As for what the thread starter said, I loved Crazy Tonight when I saw it a couple years ago. Was one of the highlights of the night. I'm guessing this has happened at just about every show, but there's a big WTF??? moment at first and then everyone gets into it. I was the same way. Avoided many videos until the show and I was 100% sure I was going to hate it, going by descriptions of the remix here on Interference. Instead I 100% loved it! It really is a love it or hate it song. I also think it segues out of Vertigo really nicely. It's also great for Larry to get up from his drum kit for a while and move around and interact with the crowd. I wonder if it'll stay for other tours or only be tied to 360?
That's the reaction most people had. Love how you descibed it! :up: It was hillarious watching the people around me at the shows, their faces were priceless. "Wtf is this shit? Dance music" and later everyone's bouncing along shouting along with the lyrics. :rockon:

And it's funny that lots of people hate it when they read about it in advance, or see it on youtube. Youtube totally does NOT do it justice. It's something you have to experience in person IMO.

I got amused when I saw Larry's comments in the Glasto video, that he hated that the crowd was so far away. He must really enjoy Crazy Tonight these days. :cute: Such a change from previous tours, when he'd shy away from the fans mostly.

I'm afraid this'll be a 360 only thing. Sadly I don't see them doing this next tour.

Well, the 5,000 of us who actually know and like Pop would. The other 65,000 or whatever would still be playing with their iPhones or making a beer run.

I mean, I'd go bonkers, would love to see it. But let's be realistic here. ;)

sad but true and sums up why they need to get back playing to the core next time round, smaller venues... it looks great.. but row's y and z aren't buying your albums chaps unless they have grey and goldy covers or 18 in the title...

That's the reaction most people had. Love how you descibed it! :up: It was hillarious watching the people around me at the shows, their faces were priceless. "Wtf is this shit? Dance music" and later everyone's bouncing along shouting along with the lyrics. :rockon:

And it's funny that lots of people hate it when they read about it in advance, or see it on youtube. Youtube totally does NOT do it justice. It's something you have to experience in person IMO.

This was the highlight of the Chicago opener. I had read about the remix from the European shows, but avoided the live music online. It truly was a WTF moment, and a total blast.
I'd say it's even better than the Lemon "interlude" from Popmart (though still WTF and fun).

Back
Top Bottom