Crazy tonight - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 05:26 PM
Crazy Tonight remix is arguably the highlight of the 360 tour, a total party that got everyone jumping at the shows I saw. I feel kinda sad that we'll probably never see it again on future tours since it is very tied to 360's production. Who knows, but enjoy it while it lasts.

Personally I liked the transition to SBS, but ever since watching this video I thought Breathe really would have worked well in rotation with SBS. Shame since it works better here than it did as the opener, IMHO.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkensky View Post
Personally I liked the transition to SBS, but ever since watching this video I thought Breathe really would have worked well in rotation with SBS. Shame since it works better here than it did as the opener, IMHO.
Very well-done mockup. I've always felt that Breathe would have gotten a better reception live had it not been the opener, and this seems like a good slot for it.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #18
45:33

Local Time: 03:26 AM
I don't see why people cringe over the "club" aspect of it. U2 are not a club/dance band, will never will be (which is why I never really want to hear that "club" record) but I genuinely loved it at each of the three shows I saw.

That is a nice transition. I had no idea Breathe sounded so dirty at the start. Definitely not a show opener though, Edge's riff is too slow.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:31 AM   #19
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeu2 View Post
Exactly this! I guess they hate Pop just enough so that they do not want to play it. Which is sad and pathetic that they can't go into Discotheque right after Crazy Tonight.

As for what the thread starter said, I loved Crazy Tonight when I saw it a couple years ago. Was one of the highlights of the night. I'm guessing this has happened at just about every show, but there's a big WTF??? moment at first and then everyone gets into it. I was the same way. Avoided many videos until the show and I was 100% sure I was going to hate it, going by descriptions of the remix here on Interference. Instead I 100% loved it! It really is a love it or hate it song. I also think it segues out of Vertigo really nicely. It's also great for Larry to get up from his drum kit for a while and move around and interact with the crowd. I wonder if it'll stay for other tours or only be tied to 360?
That's the reaction most people had. Love how you descibed it! It was hillarious watching the people around me at the shows, their faces were priceless. "Wtf is this shit? Dance music" and later everyone's bouncing along shouting along with the lyrics.

And it's funny that lots of people hate it when they read about it in advance, or see it on youtube. Youtube totally does NOT do it justice. It's something you have to experience in person IMO.

I got amused when I saw Larry's comments in the Glasto video, that he hated that the crowd was so far away. He must really enjoy Crazy Tonight these days. Such a change from previous tours, when he'd shy away from the fans mostly.

I'm afraid this'll be a 360 only thing. Sadly I don't see them doing this next tour.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 06-28-2011, 07:53 AM   #20
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Well, the 5,000 of us who actually know and like Pop would. The other 65,000 or whatever would still be playing with their iPhones or making a beer run.

I mean, I'd go bonkers, would love to see it. But let's be realistic here.
sad but true and sums up why they need to get back playing to the core next time round, smaller venues... it looks great.. but row's y and z aren't buying your albums chaps unless they have grey and goldy covers or 18 in the title...
Old 06-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #21
has a

Local Time: 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
That's the reaction most people had. Love how you descibed it! It was hillarious watching the people around me at the shows, their faces were priceless. "Wtf is this shit? Dance music" and later everyone's bouncing along shouting along with the lyrics.

And it's funny that lots of people hate it when they read about it in advance, or see it on youtube. Youtube totally does NOT do it justice. It's something you have to experience in person IMO.
This was the highlight of the Chicago opener. I had read about the remix from the European shows, but avoided the live music online. It truly was a WTF moment, and a total blast.
I'd say it's even better than the Lemon "interlude" from Popmart (though still WTF and fun).
Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #22
Galeonbroad

That Fat lady dancing on the Popmart screen was a MAJOR wtf moment indeed.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 06-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:26 PM
Quote:
That Fat lady dancing on the Popmart screen was a MAJOR wtf moment indeed.
By far.

I hate to ask this question but.....did her/its skirts go up a little higher than it needed? I swear I saw something.....
Old 06-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #24
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoopop View Post
By far.

I hate to ask this question but.....did her/its skirts go up a little higher than it needed? I swear I saw something.....
That is my recollection. There was some significant swing-age down there.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #25
Galeonbroad

Ehm... I never looked into it that much. Now I'm scared to watch a Popmart Bootleg. I might accidentally check it.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #26
has a

Quote:
Ehm... I never looked into it that much. Now I'm scared to watch a Popmart Bootleg. I might accidentally check it.
Seriously?

It is a must.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #27
Galeonbroad

I usually listen and do something else in the process.. never actually watched the screen.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #28
has a

They cut away just after the 2 minute point, but that is when it became fairly clear that it was a male dancer.