Could Cedars be the new Please this tour???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Friends ,

Just a thought!!!
Could Cedars Of Lebanon be the new Please of this tour???

It could be played after Bullet ( let`s hope that song won`t return:wink: ) the way Please was.
It might get a workover for the live version?
And after the ending it could sequence in Streets or COBL or UC???

Cheers ,

Mauwer

It definitely has potential, but I would compare it more to Love is Blindness than Please. Not in terms of quality, but in terms that Edge could add something sick to it and make it one of the highlights. I would prefer hearing that to White as Snow live.

Hoping that Fez and Cedars will be played, while SUC and White as Snow could be the When I Look at the World/One Step Closer of this tour. Wouldn't complain about that.

definitely!!! would make a nice chilled/slow song...maybe towards the end of the set. one of their best songs on the album:hyper: so bloody hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cedars has just the potential to stay on the CD version, that's all. It is no way comparable to Please or Love is blindness, wth!

And yes it's a good song with very good lyrics, but live it would be boring!

I'd like to hear it in some form, as it's my favorite song on the album. Segueing into Streets might sound interesting.

Ha!

It's just so sparse, and with the spoken vocal, I just don't see it fitting well anywhere. It'd be a show-stopper ... and not in the good way.

To be frank, Please doesn't exactly sound like an arena-ready anthem on the album either. With an arrangement overhaul and some added intensity, Cedars could work great next to Bullet.

Please will be the new Please...Cedars will occupy a different moment...both would be great inclusions on the setlist.

To be frank, Please doesn't exactly sound like an arena-ready anthem on the album either. With an arrangement overhaul and some added intensity, Cedars could work great next to Bullet.

Negative. There's nothing in Cedars remotely resembling the urgency of Please. There's no buildup, no crescendo, no punchline, nothing. Please wasn't overhauled at all really for the arena, they just turned up Edge and Bono emoted alot more. They are two completely and totally different songs and can't be compared in any way. Maybe Wake Up Dead Man...MAYBE...but even that song has more urgency that translates better live imo.

Think of it this way: Forget Bullet. Compare apples to apples. Cedars into Streets? No matter what you do with the arrangement, this could never work in a billion years. Please into Streets was pure gold with a small modification to the end. And then it took on a new dimension of awesomeness by simply taking it acoustic with some piano on the Elevation tour. I can't see how Cedars has that versatility at all.

Back
Top Bottom