Complain & regret: Why so many songs sound worse on 360 ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Complaining = :down:

Regretting= :doh:

Seriously, what's there to REGRET? If anything, I regret coming into this thread.

But I acknowledge that it serves its psychohygienic purpose for some people. So if it helps: Complain! Regret! Let it all out. Maybe the world will become a better place then.

If you regret coming here, why do you keep going to this thread?:huh: Seriously, if you don't like it, don't read it. It's just what we keep telling people who keep bitching about U2 in the positive threads. If they have to obey that, you should too.

Give them their complain thread, if that stops the endless bickering between the lovers and the haters, so be it.

we're not entitled to evaluate something with objectivity and to say it's right or it's wrong.

Actually no we're not, apparently. We're allowed to say whether we like "something" or not. Stating in any sort of factual sense that something is 'right or wrong' is generally frowned upon, as we've seen demonstrated a million times.

By the way, the arrogant insistence on referring to people who like most of what U2 has done as 'blind sheep' is getting a bit worn out now.

My opinions and why I hold them (i.e. the middle ground between the unblinking poles of objectivity and subjectivity.)

Pride- clapped-out since ZOO TV (the guitar sound is a problem) they saw sense and removed it.
WOWY- horrendous because Bono's vocal is all over the shop
One- At the moment it struggles because Bono sings behind the melody.
SBS- Still very good, especially the drumming- I would like this to stay.
Streets- Still works and Bono is singing it very well.
SHF- I think it sounds jaded, I'd like it to be a tad brisker.
MW- Larry has taken all the funk out of the drum beat; no extended intro, no guitar solo; Bono trying and failing to sing it like some hip hop star (what on earth is "Johnny take a walk wid your sister in da rain" all about?)

But on the positive side, UV and UF sound great, so does the NLOTH material and ballads like YBR and Stay have been played beautifully so there is still much to be pleased with. :)

i will admit ive watched some of the recent shows on youtube and the audiences seem to be standing there like zombies, even right up front. which is kind of troubling.

only streets got them bouncing, as usual :lol:

Actually no we're not, apparently. We're allowed to say whether we like "something" or not. Stating in any sort of factual sense that something is 'right or wrong' is generally frowned upon, as we've seen demonstrated a million times.

By the way, the arrogant insistence on referring to people who like most of what U2 has done as 'blind sheep' is getting a bit worn out now.

Complaining = :down:

Regretting= :doh:

Seriously, what's there to REGRET? If anything, I regret coming into this thread.

But I acknowledge that it serves its psychohygienic purpose for some people. So if it helps: Complain! Regret! Let it all out. Maybe the world will become a better place then.

OMG, is it so difficult to keep one thread on topic? Just let the complainers of old songs have their thread. What is so difficult about that?

Apparently, there's a rule in this forum saying that anyone who subscribes it has to be a blind sheep and to accept everything this band does. The rule even reffers «do not question, judge or bash the band's artistic options», which makes sense because we're blind sheeps, we're not viewers, we're not entitled to evaluate something with objectivity and to say it's right or it's wrong.

Threads about negative evaluations or that include too much negative thoughts (which irritates the community and brings fights againsts users) must be closed.

This post is just as much off topic and the others.

EDIT: Just noticed Rose's comment, therefore am editing that sentence and leaving this in parting. Please note that I'm not bashing anyone in particular, just more the general vibe..

There are U2 songs and live moments I question and/or think are absolute crap, and I've noted them in this forum numerous times. I just choose to evaluate these occurrences as they are - in the minority - against the overall body of work over 30 years that I like, and weigh in with my opinions proportionately. In plain english, I complain as much as I dislike, and rave as much as I love. Seems fair. :shrug:

On the other hand, it seems that the complaining of some is disproportionate to their professed love for the band when they claim they love the majority of what U2 does, yet spend the majority of their time complaining about the little bits they hate.

/mythoughtsonyetanothernegativitythread

Ah, I get it. The mere ability to criticize something renders one objective and the preference for only dwelling for any significant period of time on the aspects of U2 that they like indicates unblinking subjectivity. :up:

There are U2 songs and live moments I question and/or think are absolute crap, and I've noted them in this forum numerous times. I just choose to evaluate these occurrences as they are - in the minority - against the overall body of work over 30 years that I like, and weigh in with my opinions proportionately. In plain english, I complain as much as I dislike, and rave as much as I love. Seems fair. :shrug:

On the other hand, it seems that the complaining of some is disproportionate to their professed love for the band when they claim they love the majority of what U2 does, yet spend the majority of their time complaining about the little bits they hate.

Stop.

EDIT: Just noticed Rose's comment, therefore am editing that sentence and leaving this in parting. Please note that I'm not bashing anyone in particular, just more the general vibe..

I agree with you, however, this thread is to allow those people that want to complain to do it in peace.

Mysterious Ways - Played to early in the set imo, its better when the fans are more relaxed because the song brings the concert back to life, and yes without the solo its missing something.

Beautiful Day - Well ive always been stuck with comparing the song with the elevation tour versions, but i guess it sounds as good as ever. I just wish edge would bring back them effects on his voice between verses, and bono would shout the touch me to give it more energy.

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - I preferred the vertigo version, where the first verse is quiet then the drums kick in.

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of - I loved this song on the elevation tour, honestly think its one of the bands best recent tunes, and the acoustic version is just lifeless. The tour needs the original version back because it sounds different to material the band has ever done imo.

Elevation - As rocking as ever

Until The End Of The World - The claw was just asking for this song to be played everynight, and it finally is. This is the song which is sounding the best overall on this tour imo.

The Unforgettable Fire - Almost acts like stuck on the elevation tour, one of them songs where you sit back, relax and enjoy. Sounds brilliant.

City Of Blinding Lights - Loving the whole lights thing, but the song is better with the whole band infront of the crowd.

Vertigo - Intro sounds amazing, loving the long note before the uno does tres part, adds tension, and the lights flickering is brilliant. Shame bono isnt hitting the feeeel notes tho.

Sunday Bloody Sunday - I agree on the drums needing to come back after it finishes, but it still rocks

Walk On - Improved as the tour has progressed, but bono talking about the mask half way through kills the song.

One - Well its had its critics, but imo sounds as good as ever.

Where The Streets Have No Name - I think people saying its sounding weak are truly truly wrong. As the tour has progressed the intro has been extended back to how it should be, and we even have a snippet which sounds brilliant. Plus the ray of lights when the drums kick in is back, so dont bitch to much.

Ultraviolet(Light My Way) - Oustanding

With Or Without You - Well its nice to see bono improvising with the lyrics, but it sounds no where near as good as the original. The song is being used loads on talent shows around the world, so bono needs to show how it should be sang.

WOWY is bad on this tour (again?). Larry doesn;t even drum the intro. He just sits there and waits. I haven;t been on this forum for quite a while. I'm a little U2 tired ... :)

Go watch Rattle and Hum. Larry has never ever once played the intro of WOWY. It's a drum computer, even on the Joshua Tree.

DROP

Mysterious Ways... please. it's embarrasing this time
Elevation
In A Little While
WOWY... worse version ever
Stuck... there could go White As Snow

ADD
Electrical Storm
ANY Pop Song... the stage BEGGS for Discotheque or Mofo

Refreshed songs
ISHFWILF... I actually LIKE to hear that song again
SBS... they're on fire!!

THANKS FOR
Your Blue Room
Electrical Storm
MLK
TUF
UV
Crazy Tonight remix
MOS closing
double mirrorball :drool:

WHAT WE NEED
Eyeliner Bono

DROP

Elevation
In A Little While

ADD
Electrical Storm

Refreshed songs
SBS... they're on fire!!

THANKS FOR
Your Blue Room
Electrical Storm
MLK
TUF
UV
Crazy Tonight remix
MOS closing

WHAT WE NEED
Eyeliner Bono

Mysterious Ways... please. it's embarrasing this time (just bring back the solo)
Elevation (Agree)
In A Little While (agree)
WOWY... worse version ever (AIWIY would be a lot better)
Stuck... there could go White As Snow (Sorry, but I don't agree about the White as snow change)

ADD
Electrical Storm (They need to improve it a bit more. If they do, I agree)
ANY Pop Song... the stage BEGGS for Discotheque or Mofo (FUCK YES :drool:)

Refreshed songs
ISHFWILF... I actually LIKE to hear that song again ( I don't)
SBS... they're on fire!! (It's always cool)

THANKS FOR
Your Blue Room (Hell yeah :up:)
Electrical Storm (Hell yeah :up:)
MLK (Hell yeah :up:)
TUF :bow:
UV :bow:
Crazy Tonight remix :drool::drool::drool:
MOS closing :up:

WHAT WE NEED
Eyeliner Bono (Really?)

My "minor" complaints for this tour.

Breathe opening (its OK, NLOTH would be better)
MOS closing (I know many love it closing, Love the song, just don't think its a closer)
Vertigo (gets the crowd going, but A LOT of the performances I have heard seem sort of sloppy).

Thats it. :)

Honorable mention: SUC should be done live. I think it would be one of those its better live than on the album moments that a lot of U2 songs seem to have.

My "minor" complaints for this tour.

Breathe opening (its OK, NLOTH would be better)
MOS closing (I know many love it closing, Love the song, just don't think its a closer)
Vertigo (gets the crowd going, but A LOT of the performances I have heard seem sort of sloppy).

Thats it. :)

Honorable mention: SUC should be done live. I think it would be one of those its better live than on the album moments that a lot of U2 songs seem to have.
:up:

DROP
Elevation
In A Little While
hell, yeah!

ADD
Electrical Storm
:up:

Refreshed songs
SBS... they're on fire!!
good played, but SBS lacks something ...

THANKS FOR
Your Blue Room
Electrical Storm
MLK
TUF
UV
Crazy Tonight remix
MOS closing
apart from UV, CT Remix, the too pre-recorded YBR and MOS I am with ya ...

WHAT WE NEED
Eyeliner Bono
...might at least be a performance idea ...

why on earth do people actually keep saying that Fez BB should be played live? You guys are probably the same people that are complaining about how bad the crowds suck...can you imagine how bad the crowd would be if they actually played Fez BB?

You cannot have it both ways, people. C'mon now. It's pretty obvious that song is never going to get played live....and if it does i will eat my shoe. :sexywink:

ZOOTVTOURist, could you please log off and sign in as LoveTownTourist? i would like to hear his thoughts as well. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom