Complain & regret: Why so many songs sound worse on 360 ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if it's rotating, wouldnt' that mean the whole rotating of the setlist was scripted?

What about rotating as in "hey, half of the visuals are just shots of us playing, so we can just pick songs as we go and go to that if we don't have pre-set visuals for that song?"

The whole "scripted-for-the-visuals" thing seems like an excuse to me.

I was on another site browsing comments on a Muse post, and someone mentioned they went to see Muse open for U2 and said something to the effect of "... I couldn't even find Bono on that rotating stage."

I couldn't resist replying in know-it-all fashion, "Uh, the stage doesn't rotate. What show were you watching?"

But if it's rotating, wouldnt' that mean the whole rotating of the setlist was scripted?

The real goal is spontaneity. The "rotating setlist" is a, somewhat, happy medium... at least it wouldn't be carbon copies night in and night out... isn't this U2, shouldn't they be quasi-capable of this by now?

-----

Does Bono really take his earpieces out at every show and go "wow" at the crowd... so cheap.

I was on another site browsing comments on a Muse post, and someone mentioned they went to see Muse open for U2 and said something to the effect of "... I couldn't even find Bono on that rotating stage."

I couldn't resist replying in know-it-all fashion, "Uh, the stage doesn't rotate. What show were you watching?"

:lmao: More like what were they smoking/taking?

i am giving examples dude of what would appeal to me. you are free to fill it in with your own preferences.

btw bvs, are you a robot? you are the most negative poster on this site, by far. its like you have an automated response to belittle and degrade. it's all under some guise of being objective and "challenging" others on their viewpoint. well, do me a favor, stop responding to my posts. your constant negativity is tiresome. lets agree to disagree.

:applaud:Absolutely.

What I laugh at is all these folks saying they want "40" as a closer, or Love is Blindness or "Shine Like Stars" snippets, etc...

Get over it! That is the past! I love that we get "new" classics that people in 2020 will be bitching THEY want...

[post from 2020]GOD I am so sick of them playing Fez! I wish they would do the Crazy Remix, or I wish Bono would say "wow" or at least close with Moment Of Surrender....[/post from 2020]

What I laugh at is all these folks saying they want "40" as a closer, or Love is Blindness or "Shine Like Stars" snippets, etc...

Get over it! That is the past! I love that we get "new" classics that people in 2020 will be bitching THEY want...

[post from 2020]GOD I am so sick of them playing Fez! I wish they would do the Crazy Remix, or I wish Bono would say "wow" or at least close with Moment Of Surrender....[/post from 2020]

best post ever! :up: :lol:

Except we're not longing for the past... we're longing for the effort.

Play only new stuff, fine by me... but keep it real.

So, wait... are U2 doing playback now????

For all intents and purposes, yes. But, it's a necessary evil because of the scale of the spectacle; U2 must please 80,000 fans / night and these fans demand the best in each of 1. performance quality, 2. setlist composition, 3. eye candy. Factor 2 is already very, very limited (concert attendees demand a high number of hits, and selective ones at that, per setlist). Due to Factor 3, Factor 2 is even more limited as the setlist must be "scripted to the visuals". A further consequence of Factor 2's stagnancy is that Factor 1 is maximized (where Factor 1 is defined simply as physical playing competence and, consequently, where things like spontaneity are given no weight).

It's easily the most exciting show ever.

Hey, don't knock that guy BVS...not everyone can say they get along with "me, myself and I"..hell, my "we"'s argue all the time, so if he and his two friends are all longing for the past, hell, that's something. ;)

For all intents and purposes, yes. But, it's a necessary evil because of the scale of the spectacle; U2 must please 80,000 fans / night and these fans demand the best in each of 1. performance quality, 2. setlist composition, 3. eye candy. Factor 2 is already very, very limited (concert attendees demand a high number of hits, and selective ones at that, per setlist). Due to Factor 3, Factor 2 is even more limited as the setlist must be "scripted to the visuals". A further consequence of Factor 2's stagnancy is that Factor 1 is maximized (where Factor 1 is defined simply as physical playing competence and, consequently, where things like spontaneity are given no weight).

It's easily the most exciting show ever.

i can't say i disagree with any of this.

Im just wondering what you guys consider using "playback."

When there is Sinead singing out of the speakers in "Your Blue Room" and Sinead is not on stage, but pre-recorded (which only few people did realize!), that is one way of not playing live but playing with "playback" ... More shame, because Edge could have done it as the 2nd voice – live!

When there is Sinead singing out of the speakers in "Your Blue Room" and Sinead is not on stage, but pre-recorded (which only few people did realize!), that is one way of not playing live but playing with "playback" ... More shame, because Edge could have done it as the 2nd voice – live!

did you like Lou Reed with Satellite of Love on ZooTV? That wasn't live.

Bono says "on satellite, Sinead OConnor"!- or did at the two shows that i saw Your Blue Room at. but is this the only instance you have? im seriously curious as to what part of the shows you deem as playback aside from this.

did you like Lou Reed with Satellite of Love on ZooTV? That wasn't live.

It was 90's, so it was automatically cool.

This is how interference works for some.

You can point at examples of U2 doing the same exact thing for every single complaint they come up with, but it makes no difference it was in the 90's. :shrug:

It was 90's, so it was automatically cool.

This is how interference works for some.

You can point at examples of U2 doing the same exact thing for every single complaint they come up with, but it makes no difference it was in the 90's. :shrug:

Such a troll.

Such a troll.
Because when we have Lou and Sinead , we talk about two different things:
First a "jive moment" with Lou on screen during the band playing a tribute song to him, by the way his own song.
Second a U2 tune with a recorded voice by Sinead out from the speakers, where most people thought someone on stage singing it, discussing about and finally getting it, that was not live … though really someone (Edge) could have made it. Why did he not do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom