chicago soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is great, seriously, YBR will rock for sure...and it will be received very well by fans, just because most people haven't heard it - doesn't mean they won't like it - it's better than the usual suspects like WOWY and Walk On.

I'm also expecting YBR to me more of a spectacle than a usual song/performace.

alright fuck it. i cracked. i guess that's why they call it Blue Crack, huh? :wink:

a couple observations:

- i do believe YBR will be played tomorrow night. U2 wouldn't have gone over it 4-5 times if they didn't intend on playing it, though i do wonder if it will be replaced with Stay on night 2. Stay seems to be that song U2 sings on the last night in that particular city....must be the "if i could Stay" line. :D

- good to see that UTEOTW will probably make it's way into the rotation again.

- will we see a different order? Boots into BD. Magnificent into UTEOTW.

- since nothing in the 2nd half of the set was rehearsed last night, i'm guessing there are no changes in that part of the show, unless they bust out something tonight.

both will be kept. they rehearsed UF last night and U2.com had a UV video a couple days ago.

I love YBR, too ambient of a song for a rock show, although I would be honored to hear it live...now LOVE COMES TUMBLING :hmm:

i would love to hear that song too. i don't know that YBR is necessarily too ambient though, especially if you have the ISS presentation and i'm guessing blue lighting.

another thing, U2 is very into building momentum with their setlists, and what a good way to build momentum:

YBR
UC
UF
COBL
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday

durring ybr it was pretty dark in the stadium, but it did look like a low light blue, guessing from the screen only. It kind of looked like a tv was on in a room.

That recording of Your Blue Room is ethereal.

Bono, if you're out there, come back to Europe and play this in Copenhagen. Or anywhere. Just let me hear Your Blue Room live once in my life, and you can play Elevation x 2 if you like.

I imagine they'll be free to start the big light show part of the set a bit eariler as it should be dark by the time the take to the set. Dusk is 19.35 or thereabout tomorrow. Ideally they'd play this instead of wowy, it's got that mirrorball feel to it.

- i do believe YBR will be played tomorrow night. U2 wouldn't have gone over it 4-5 times if they didn't intend on playing it, though i do wonder if it will be replaced with Stay on night 2. Stay seems to be that song U2 sings on the last night in that particular city....must be the "if i could Stay" line. :D

I don't think they would have gone through the trouble to involve the astronauts in something like this only to use it on selective nights, like with the Lou Reed duet on Satellite of Love. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in every show for this leg of the tour.

And while the song is mellow, it isn't any less inviting than Miss Serveajevo, which is a bit of a slog until the opera part. This has a better chorus (assuming Boner can hit the notes).

And while the song is mellow, it isn't any less inviting than Miss Serveajevo, which is a bit of a slog until the opera part. This has a better chorus (assuming Boner can hit the notes).

i agree. for being ambient, the melody of this song has a great hook.

The accoustic version of Stay was beautiful in Berlin.

I'd like to hear In a little while and an improved version of Electrical Storm, too, but Stay is special. U2 should do a longer accoustic set, not just one song.

Bono's voice on the accoustic songs is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom