chicago soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never heard UTEOTW live before (shows you how green I am with U2 touring, haha). Would kill to hear that at my first GA show with them.

Even though I'm afraid this could turn into a major snoozefest at the show, I'm still excited to hear Your Blue Room and it sounds awsome:

YouTube - U2 Your Blue Room Rehearsal Chicago September 10, 2009

Ok, Im very confused here. Is it realy Bono singing the falsetto? Bonos voice on 360 is one of his best in vocals performences. And we all know that his falsetto is in great shape this tour. But this strong? This is crazy...
If someone had play this for me before the tour I just had thougth it was an rehearsal back in 1995.
With this falsetto he can sing Lemon without problems.

Also the thing he does in 2:44 sounds like his voice on the Zooropa album, "these are the days"-soundish (Lemon).

no Peterrrr, his falsetto is great but not as high as 1995. He even doesn't do it at all from2:34 onward....
Edge's guitar doesn't shine as well at the end....:sad:

Hoever, I would have never thought to hear this song live, ever.... it 's so great!!!!:drool:

no Peterrrr, his falsetto is great but not as high as 1995. He even doesn't do it at all from2:34 onward....

Well, I think the original did not have any falsetto after that point (aside from the bridge) anyway. And I understand if he wants to make the bridge more exciting by singing in a full voice (although the melody probably needs more work!).

Great version though. I would also love to hear more of the guitar solo at the end and Adam rapping as well.

You can hear some voices from the Space station throughout. I wonder if it's the astronauts singing backing vocals in the chorus?

Edge's guitar doesn't shine as well at the end....:sad:

I never wrote that is was exactly as high as in 1995, but it sounds like it. But also this falsetto is enough strong to sing Lemon again. This is the first time since 1993 Bono have been able to get that "deep falsetto sound" :drool:

Isn't Edge singing the falsetto here?

And yes, it's the ISS segment, obviously, Bono and Edge said they would perform the song with the ISS crew.

Well, I think the original did not have any falsetto after that point (aside from the bridge) anyway. And I understand if he wants to make the bridge more exciting by singing in a full voice (although the melody probably needs more work!).

Great version though. I would also love to hear more of the guitar solo at the end and Adam rapping as well.

You can hear some voices from the Space station throughout. I wonder if it's the astronauts singing backing vocals in the chorus?

from 4:03, they drop that part...

YouTube - U2 - Your Blue Room

Am I alone in suspecting that YBR could be the 'piss / beer break' song for this leg? As an actual fan, I'm thrilled that it seems likely to be performed live for the first time, and I also think that it counts as a true 'rarity'. But is it too obscure to be a successful live song? Since U2 attract so many more general music fans to their shows, there will be plenty of people there who'll only know and recognise the hits. So, when YBR starts up live, how many bemused people will be unaware of what they're hearing?

Am I alone in suspecting that YBR could be the 'piss / beer break' song for this leg? As an actual fan, I'm thrilled that it seems likely to be performed live for the first time, and I also think that it counts as a true 'rarity'. But is it too obscure to be a successful live song? Since U2 attract so many more general music fans to their shows, there will be plenty of people there who'll only know and recognise the hits. So, when YBR starts up live, how many bemused people will be unaware of what they're hearing?

The entire stadium could empty out, and I wouldn't give a damn because they'd be playing Your Blue Room. :combust:

It sounded beautiful. I so hope they play this.

I agree, sadly.

America, this is where the U2360 show is going to go stella. You are in for a treat. I must admit I teared up a bit when i heard the youtube clip of YBR being rehearsed. Just WOW! Sounds haunting...

not to be a debbie downer or anything cuz i would ADORE/DIE to hear YBR live but I was thinking that this maybe one of those songs that they will use in rehearsals as a warm up ie to stretch out bono's vocals etc... To me its too ambient a song to do live and definitely not a well known song by most fans.

I still hope and pray that we get it tho.:hyper:

Another observation about YBR, and in particular the segment with ISS astronauts - Adam's gonna be standing there on stage, and this was his big moment to take the lead vocals and shine! But instead he's upstaged by the guys in space!

I think this song will have to have a strong visual with the astronauts in order for it work...

not to be a debbie downer or anything cuz i would ADORE/DIE to hear YBR live but I was thinking that this maybe one of those songs that they will use in rehearsals as a warm up ie to stretch out bono's vocals etc... To me its too ambient a song to do live and definitely not a well known song by most fans.

I still hope and pray that we get it tho.:hyper:

They've put too much work into get the astronauts and what not to not perform it.

That sounds beautiful... and I'm pretty sure that's Bono on falsetto vocals, not Edge.

I think this song will have to have a strong visual with the astronauts in order for it work...

They've put too much work into get the astronauts and what not to not perform it.

what show were they planning on doing this? I remember hearing about this but can't remember the details on it. Or was there much info?

Hats off to them if they do play YBR. Their setlists get flamed to buggery for being too conservative and YBR would be a welcome departure. Hope they play it and it doesn't become another Drowning Man.

I think I just died and went to heaven. Brilliant! I hope Bono pulls the falsetto off on the actual day too (if it is him singing it). :drool:

Back
Top Bottom