Changing up the set for 2011?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It could be, but I don't think it will have a lot of influence on the setlists, because many people were asking for Pop songs and we didn't get them.

I requested Fez-Being Born for the new song. The old song doesn't matter to me too much... I just really hope my show has UV, though I understand why they'd play HMTMetcetera instead.

I requested Fez-Being Born for the new song. The old song doesn't matter to me too much... I just really hope my show has UV, though I understand why they'd play HMTMetcetera instead.

Oh, same here. UV for Miami! :wink:

Both HMTM and UV (like Horsens II) would be even better.

yeah, they BETTER change the setlist

I don't want no crappy Stingray nor Beautiful Day opening, AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON IN A LITTEL WHILE :angry:

UV!
UV!
UV!
UV!

:pray::madwife:

I doubt there will be many changes to the setlist. At least not the first 3rd or last 3rd. They'll probably keep messing around with that section in the middle from ISHF->COBL. I'm guessing they feel that little portion has more than enough variation for the tour, so i'm not going to get my hopes up.

(as long as Miss Snorejevo is gone by N.A. i'll be fine with whatever)

I doubt there will be many changes to the setlist. At least not the first 3rd or last 3rd. They'll probably keep messing around with that section in the middle from ISHF->COBL. I'm guessing they feel that little portion has more than enough variation for the tour, so i'm not going to get my hopes up.

(as long as Miss Snorejevo is gone by N.A. i'll be fine with whatever)

If we get new album sometime early in the year as promised I would think there will be major changes to the setlist.

Well, since they don't visit Africa often, I would say that those 2 shows will look very much like the Istanbul/Moscow/Athens shows in 2010. One more hit than usual(many here will have to "suffer" Pride and SBS in the same set) and likely more oldies like AOH and Desire occupying the rotational slots. Some chance they have a brand new unreleased song for one of the nights.

That being said, there's no reason Miss Sarajevo can't be dropped for something else!

I think the chances of a U2.com poll are much greater as they get closer to S American kick off time, and I would say they'd be asking us to include the North American leg in the same request.

I understand a lot of people requested Pop songs in 2010 and none were played, but these polls are certainly not ignored.

Ultraviolet
Unforgettable Fire
Electrical Storm

All mentioned frequently in the 2009 poll.

Hold Me...Kill Me

Mentioned frequently in the 2010 poll.

I didn't follow it that closely because I pay more attention to tallying up requests like 2 Hearts, A Sort of Homecoming and In God's Country, but I think I remember Miss Sarajevo and Mercy coming up a lot as well.

So they pay attention, it's just a case of the people here aren't the only ones voting!

I also think Bono snippeted Discotheque in Crazy Tonight because of the poll.

Please everyone just band together and ask for Mofo!!! We can make this happen :up:

I hope they bring back more songs from NLOTH, or the yet-to-be-released 2011 album. Otherwise it's the same old 2010 set all over again.

Discotheque, mofo, gone, please.

For god U2 make 2011 the year you finally let us hear you still know that album that is called POP. And finally get over your fear to play it again!

I could live with any of these...
Boy: Out of Control and/or An Cat Dubh/The Electric Co.
October: Gloria and/or Tomorrow
War: New Years Day and/or/ Like a Song/Drowning Man
The Unforgettable Fire: Bad and The Unforgettable Fire
Under a Blood Red Sky: 11 o'clock Tick Tock/Party girl
The Joshua Tree: Exit/Running to Stand Still
Rattle and Hum: All I Want is You/Heartland
Actung Baby: Love is Blindness/Acrobat
Zooropa: Stay (full band version)
Pop: Gone/Please
All That You Can't Leave Behind: whatever
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb: even bigger whatever
No Line on the Horizon: anything but Get on Your Boots
New songs: Every Breaking Wave/Mercy

Get rid of the Stingray/BD opening and replace it with a better opening: Fez-Being Born/GOYB/IWF:up:

Also, maybe rotate UV and HMTMKMKM with The Fly:hmm:

Oh yea- This time The Fly should have the song intro that Bono sang on the Boston DVD.:drool::hyper: I hope you guys remember that part.:wink:

I'd take an acoustic Mofo over most of the current set.

As for changes, well, I think there will only be significant changes if there is a new album. A new album would probably necessitate a new opening sequence, not to mention a couple of songs mid-set being discarded in favour of a new song (a rotational mid-set slot and IALW?).

If there is no new album, I don't see much in the way of changes. Maybe they'll realise that Stingray/IWF/BDay would flow much better than Stingray/BDay/IWF. I expect MOTD to replace Scarlet in Chile and at least one Argentinian show. The set, much as I may criticise it, seems to have become settled. I could only see them shaking up the order a bit if they do add a final run through Europe, to give a different experience to 2010 (but maybe not, if they mainly go to European markets skipped in 2010, like the UK).

I'd take an acoustic Mofo over most of the current set.

As for changes, well, I think there will only be significant changes if there is a new album. A new album would probably necessitate a new opening sequence, not to mention a couple of songs mid-set being discarded in favour of a new song (a rotational mid-set slot and IALW?).

If there is no new album, I don't see much in the way of changes. Maybe they'll realise that Stingray/IWF/BDay would flow much better than Stingray/BDay/IWF. I expect MOTD to replace Scarlet in Chile and at least one Argentinian show. The set, much as I may criticise it, seems to have become settled. I could only see them shaking up the order a bit if they do add a final run through Europe, to give a different experience to 2010 (but maybe not, if they mainly go to European markets skipped in 2010, like the UK).

Stingray/IWF/Beautiful Day flows much better by the sound of it. I think I may be the only one that wishes for lights off during Stingray as well.

I've always had a feeling that the band would do 40 (Popmart-style) for the very last show on this tour.:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom