Changing up the set for 2011?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Claw is already finished from pictures I've seen. The band probably should have arrived already, or tomorrow. It's been awfully quiet.

Quiet ... Too Quiet ....

Thinking the next 2 shows will be real standard and then they'll start blowing things up a little bit in SA, but when NA hits, it will be all blowed up with the new album to promote! :drool:

I voted for Mofo, but ofcourse my message isn't going through. :rolleyes: Instead many random idiot messages listing ten songs go through. Typical U2.com thing.

Well, I wish they would actually take our suggestions.

It's sad, cause everyone is voting for something off POP, but most likely it's never going to happen. So I tried to vote for something a little more realistic.

I voted for Discotheque, but it never showed up.

WHY are people voting for songs that will inevitably be played? Mysterious Ways, Magnificent, and COBL?

Probably casual fans. It is very sad. If someone voted for MW can they at least add that the solo is required?

I voted for Discotheque, but it never showed up.

WHY are people voting for songs that will inevitably be played? Mysterious Ways, Magnificent, and COBL?

Because idiots can't read. It clearly states suggest ONE song that's NOT been played on this tour and a reason why.

The majority of messages is a list of songs without reason, of which most are already being played or have been played last year. :rolleyes: And then our messages don't go through? It's like U2.com LIKES to associate with illiterate idiots.

U2.com just wants to fill it with filler content so they don't have to pass it along to the band and that way they don't ever play the songs that the die-hard fans (like us) are dying to hear.

It's a cruel, cruel world

So I'm guessing we're skipping the rehearsal setlist thread for Joburg?

Why so few votes on Acrobat? :( Alot of votes last year was on Mercy :)

Acrobat would fit in the UV/HMTMKMKM spot, with the same light effects and Bono singing with the special microphone :)

U2's rehearsal set list from Joburg is now up on @U2 for those interested....

Return of the Stingray Guitar / Beautiful Day / I Will Follow / Get On Your Boots / Magnificent / Mysterious Ways / Elevation / Until the End of the World / I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Kite / Mercy / Miss Sarajevo / City of Blinding Lights / Vertigo / I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix) / Sunday Bloody Sunday / Scarlet / Walk On / One / Where the Streets Have No Name / Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me / With or Without You / Moment of Surrender

Oh, what a change in the set list, Kite is in, incredible!!! and the rest of the set is,... eh... the very same! I supose U2.com will write a news article now telling us how the band have mixed everything up, "who would have though Kite would be played", bla bla bla , Anybody else find it a bit annoying at how set in their ways U2 are? I mean most bands these days, younger or older bands than U2 can mix up their set at ease, and it helps keep the show fresh, I mean do U2 think they have the perfect show at the moment, when all of us, their fans are saying, play The Fly, we all wanna hear Pop tracks and Acrobat and so on and so forth, I mean obviously U2 are the artists here, we can't tell them what to do, that would be ridiculous, but I do think they should be able to mix up their set better, I really thought now in 2011 they would have it changed but nope, What their website raves on about is too little IMO, "Oh Love Rescue Me is back for the Australian shows, brilliant twist in the set list" U2 should be able to add and mix songs in the set easily, I mean throw The Fly in!!! It's one of their best live songs IMO, They attempted to rehearse Drowning Man at the start of the tour, but never played it in concert so maybe the answer is the band are restricted by the limits of Bono's voice these days, although a particularly hard song to sing, DM, The current 360 show is good, be it could be a lot better, and also as I said a bit of proper mixing up tracks in the set would be great!

U2's rehearsal set list from Joburg is now up on @U2 for those interested....

Return of the Stingray Guitar / Beautiful Day / I Will Follow / Get On Your Boots / Magnificent / Mysterious Ways / Elevation / Until the End of the World / I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Kite / Mercy / Miss Sarajevo / City of Blinding Lights / Vertigo / I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (remix) / Sunday Bloody Sunday / Scarlet / Walk On / One / Where the Streets Have No Name / Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me / With or Without You / Moment of Surrender

Oh, what a change in the set list, Kite is in, incredible!!! and the rest of the set is,... eh... the very same! I supose U2.com will write a news article now telling us how the band have mixed everything up, "who would have though Kite would be played", bla bla bla , Anybody else find it a bit annoying at how set in their ways U2 are? I mean most bands these days, younger or older bands than U2 can mix up their set at ease, and it helps keep the show fresh, I mean do U2 think they have the perfect show at the moment, when all of us, their fans are saying, play The Fly, we all wanna hear Pop tracks and Acrobat and so on and so forth, I mean obviously U2 are the artists here, we can't tell them what to do, that would be ridiculous, but I do think they should be able to mix up their set better, I really thought now in 2011 they would have it changed but nope, What their website raves on about is too little IMO, "Oh Love Rescue Me is back for the Australian shows, brilliant twist in the set list" U2 should be able to add and mix songs in the set easily, I mean throw The Fly in!!! It's one of their best live songs IMO, They attempted to rehearse Drowning Man at the start of the tour, but never played it in concert so maybe the answer is the band are restricted by the limits of Bono's voice these days, although a particularly hard song to sing, DM, The current 360 show is good, be it could be a lot better, and also as I said a bit of proper mixing up tracks in the set would be great!

I wouldn't be as disappointed if they didn't have those teasing set list request articles on U2.com. Its pretty obvious a LOT of people requested POP songs. And of course that was ignored.

The setlist as is is pretty good...except for two or three unneeded ATYCLB songs...Those spots should be replaced with SOMETHING that FITS the Claw: MOFO, DISCO, GONE, THE FLY, etc.

Eh, I wasn't expecting huge changes to the SA setlists, anyway...it's maybe the second time a tour has hit that area, so of course they're going to play a greatest hits set.
Kite possibly being brought back is pretty awesome, though.

Seriously, does anyone think there will be any big changes? Any wholesale change to the sets? They have loads of material, all great (hehehehehe....); they're working on 3 albums and have one coming out, they had, what 3 months off? And they play the same tired karaoke set they've been doing since they lost the 1/4 testicle they grew back at the beginning of the tour. I was hoping there would be new songs, but I guess they don't have confidence in them. When they did Zooropa they played those songs straight off. I guess they'll play some when the album comes out so Universal can make some money, and 2 months later they'll be abandoned like the NLOTH songs.

They have no balls, and no idea what they`re doing. It`s embarassing. Look at the hype for the new Radiohead album. No one cares about U2 because they don`t care about their own new music.

Spanish Eyes in Barcelona

Miss Sarajevo in Yugoslavia (former)

In God's Country in Phoenix

Discotechque in Toronto
Silver and Gold in South Africa!! :hyper:

:uhoh:

:wink:

haha I was just listening to Silver and Gold... I was just about to come and post it in the racist thread.

But you beat me to it :angry:

:lol: Radiohead.

Right, laugh at a band whos primary fansite gets shut down when they announce a new record.

When was the last time there was that much excitement over a U2 record? 1991?

They need to stop being racists and play Please.

Right, laugh at a band whos primary fansite gets shut down when they announce a new record.

When was the last time there was that much excitement over a U2 record? 1991?

They need to stop being racists and play Please.

1991 there was excitement mixed in with a hell of a lot of mixed feelings and doubt for AB.

2000 there was excitement and anticipation for ATYCLB that was fulfilled when released.

2004 see above but substitute HTDAAB for ATYCLB.

Whose sold more albums this decade? U2 or Radiohead?

Whose played to more people? U2 or Radiohead?

I wouldn't laugh at Radiohead at all, but I also wouldn't say that they're somehow more anticipated/ attention worthy than U2.

no, there isn't a bigger buzz about Radiohead's stuff, nor do they have a bigger following than U2.....people will still stream in to see U2 whenever they're on tour......there are bands that change their setlists regularly, and if you go to a U2 show expecting that you will certainly be disappointed...their shows have been like that since the 80's......it's just kind of disappointing that they're on a tour after releasing a (in my opinion) great album, and they're only playing a fraction of songs off it...just like the 360 DVD- remove the opening song??? seriously??? whatever....

Back
Top Bottom