Bring back Ultraviolet!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bazza

War Child
An amazing song live...was just checking out a few old youtube clips and this has to be one of their most powerful songs live. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said this on a different thread...

U2 plays all of the songs off NLOTH plus Ultra Violet, and I'm a happy guy.

That's it. 12 songs. Concert over. No encore. I wouldn't complain.

Mark

Wow...I loved seeing this thread topic. I couldn't agree more -- if Ultraviolet shows up I will have died and gone to heaven. After all these years, I'm almost positive it tops my list:heart:

Would love to see this one come back! One of the most underrated U2 songs of all time. I love it!

An absolute travesty that this song only got played on one tour, an even then it didn't make it to the end (got dropped for final leg).

Great great song. It reeks of utter desperation.

I'm all up for it. And I have a feeling it might be played, since it is a big fan favorite and it is amazing live. It could be the Electric Co. of this tour.

I :heart: Ultraviolet. Please play it again. Bono did a short snippet of it at the end of Beautiful Day at a show I was at on the last tour

I :heart: Ultraviolet. Please play it again. Bono did a short snippet of it at the end of Beautiful Day at a show I was at on the last tour

This irks me a little. What the hell is the point in snippeting a song that hasn't been played in over 15 years? Snippeting it means it must be on Bono's mind. In which case step up, get the whole band to 'learn' it again, and play it properly!

I hope doing this doesn't make the guys think a snippet is some sort of lame proxy for playing it properly?!

YES....

This song (both studio and live) is criminally underrated...I think the video below is one of U2's greatest moments ever....especially when that middle breakdown hits...and they go into the "I remember..." verse, with Edge's disgustingly sexy, mind-blowingly epic riff....it's almost too much to handle:combust:

YouTube - U2 - Ultraviolet Light (Light My Way)

U2- you MUST bring this back :yes:

Apparently...Edge hates playing this song live...:|

BTW: That video above..."I remember"...can't top that, that's U2 at their fucking best right there

The whole macphisto thing adds to it as well...alot of attitude...which tends to lack in their performances now days....PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE BRING BACKKKK BOYS!!!!

I have also told people that i would faint if they played this song again. Edge says its 'unwieldy' to play but sounds fucking mint on the Zoo Europa bootleg!!

I could die a happy person if I see them play this one AGAIN live.

When I was so messed up and opera in my head....

Back
Top Bottom