Bring Back Gone!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge1987

Acrobat
As there were successful campaigns on here to get The Unforgettable Fire & Ultraviolet into the 360 setlist previously, I would like to start a thread to get GONE into the setlist. I think it would be a great addition to the setlist in 2010. Who is with me!

Though I don't believe this'll work either, I'm still in favour of bringin this track back. Or Mofo, that is.

And UF and UV came out on top of a U2.com poll of songs people liked to see on 360, not sure if that means anything..

To hear Gone into the next leg will be great, but I think, that won`t be happen, although I like this song very much. One of my favourites from POP.

During the last two legs, they played TUF for selling promotion of "The unforgettable fire" remastered Edition. And UV was the longtime sugar for us :sexywink:..

Let`s surprise, we can hear all the new stuff this summer.

Though I don't believe this'll work either, I'm still in favour of bringin this track back. Or Mofo, that is.

And UF and UV came out on top of a U2.com poll of songs people liked to see on 360, not sure if that means anything..

Ah really? Missed that. But that's cool! Means they listened to their fans? Fo you have the complete results of that poll?

GONE is great!! Would love to see it back. same counts for PLEASE.

Ah really? Missed that. But that's cool! Means they listened to their fans? Fo you have the complete results of that poll?

GONE is great!! Would love to see it back. same counts for PLEASE.

I'd have to dig around U2.com for that, it was not a poll exactly but in one of the clips or articles they asked what songs the fans wanted to hear... the comments were mostly UF and UV and I'm not talking 1 or 2 comments. Pages full of them! So there's a pretty decent chance the band actually knew that and listened to their fans.

Yes U2 please bring back Gone!!!! And while your at it, try Mofo (a song you've spent the last few years considering playing again) and, dare i say, MIAMI!!!!!!

-Discotheque
-Mofo
-Gone
-If God Will Send His Angels (was rehearsed in Barcelona)

need to be revisited. Each leg of the claw could be red, blue, yellow, and green, ala POP :drool:

need to be revisited. Each leg of the claw could be red, blue, yellow, and green, ala POP :drool:

Good shout about the lighting! It would look great. I think at least one pop song in the setlist regularly would be a good addition.

Another shout out for lighting...HMTMKM with each leg of the claw YELLOW! ala POP'S GOLDEN ARCH !! Bat-Signal shot up straight into the clouds!

followed by...the addition of SPIDEY THE MUSICAL rockers, how bout that boys?

I'd have to dig around U2.com for that, it was not a poll exactly but in one of the clips or articles they asked what songs the fans wanted to hear... the comments were mostly UF and UV and I'm not talking 1 or 2 comments. Pages full of them! So there's a pretty decent chance the band actually knew that and listened to their fans.

I remember this distinctly. It was one of the countdown to 360 clips in June 2009.

I think there is a good chance they actually knew and listened as you say.

Not much difference between me and popular opinion here.

Gone definitely could use a comeback, as could MOFO and Hold Me......

I would also request:

Please
Exit
EBTTRT
In God's Country
A Sort of Homecoming
Two Hearts Beat As One

None of these are unreasonable or obscure, they are past regulars that could be rehearsed a few times and come back flawlessly.

YES!

I really just want to see at least one song from POP and it would make me happy. I'm thinking Discotheque, Gone, and Mofo. I think they could work. maybe after Vertigo? When the screen comes down? I really like zoopop's idea for each leg of the claw being POP colors. That would look very cool.

I also think that Last Night on Earth and The Fly would work well together.

And I think that If God Will Send His Angels would be amazing! Maybe after Beautiful Day or I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For or as part of an encore.

I don't care, for all I know this stage DEMANDS some f-off rock like HMTMKLKL or, as said, any other lively POP song (MOFO!!!!!!!!!). The Fly...Even Better Than The Real Thing.

There are SO MANY great songs they could pull off on that stage. But no, let's play Pride and SBS to death... :doh:

I'm really hoping (and somehow believe) that they'll be bringing in some POP or generally 90's into the setlist. They have to change something for the upcoming tour.

I hope they drop a few ATYCLB songs. Beautiful Day, Elevation are all they need, maybe Kite...they had 5 ATYCLB songs at the show in Vegas I went to, that was sad. Definitely more Achtung Baby, definitely some POP

I hope they drop a few ATYCLB songs. Beautiful Day, Elevation are all they need, maybe Kite...they had 5 ATYCLB songs at the show in Vegas I went to, that was sad. Definitely more Achtung Baby, definitely some POP

Yep.

BD, Walk On and the occasional In A Little While. 2 staples, 3 max on some nights.

This tour is really, really and I mean really, at the expense of sounding like a broken record, suffering from U2 thinking its 2001 and playing 5 ATYCLB songs. I love ATYCLB, but it is far from their best album and there really is nothing that justifies 5 of its tracks being in the setlist in 2009/10 with a stage that just screams for Pop and other rockers.

Hell, I would submit that there are plenty of songs from War, UF, JT, RH and AB that belong in there over ATYCLB.

U2 must notice this disproportionate favoritism of ATYCLB. I have heard Larry loves it, but come on, I can't see that- unless his criteria for best album is him doing the least amount of work! Seriously, Larry, have you listened to your work on War or Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby lately? I would like to know where the SBS, Refugee, Still Havent Found, Streets, WOWY, IGC, TTYW, Exit, Until the end, Fly, Zoo Station, MW counterparts can be found on ATYCLB. Give me one track on ATYCLB outside of BD (which he could do in his sleep) that justifies Larry loving it. I don't get it.

My question is do they all truly love it so much that is has to be played to a much greater extent than on the Vertigo tour? Or do they just think that with the big stage and production, the best way to get intimate is to play tracks that fit an intimate setting? have a big set, but counteract it by making the setlist not fit it?

It just makes no sense......

Funny you guys are talking about the Vegas show. I took my wife for her 30th birthday and after the show I asked her "What did you think?". She loved everything about it but flat out said "There were too many ATYCLB songs." Again this was a general U2 fan who has seen Popmart, Elevation, Vertigo, and 360. And because of that reason she couldn't rank it as her best U2 show.

I just don't understand U2 on their setlist decisions with the 360 production. Biggest rock production ever and their playing Stuck & IALW??? BD & Elevation live are great and Walk On was ok at best but Stuck & IALW under the claw????

Anyway someone could create a simulated picture of the claw with the POP lighting? Each claw with blue, red, green, and yellow?

Well U2 wanted to create an intimate show with the stage in the middel. I don't think it was intended to be like ZOOTV or Popmart even though the stage is big.

But 5 ATYCLB songs is really too much.

How about campaigning for a song that we know U2 isn't already enamored with, like Love Comes Tumbling?

If you're going to go through the effort in vain, might as well shoot for the moon.

-Discotheque
-Mofo
-Gone
-If God Will Send His Angels (was rehearsed in Barcelona)

:drool: I agree with you 110%. Please add Staring at the Sun to this list. U2 must play something from Pop on this tour... The claw could get very colorful!

Last Night on Earth would be great before or after Elevation. They should make the "liftoff" part of the show an all out rage.

I can't see the band bringing back The Fly on this tour... its hard to out do the Vertigo version. I think MoFo, Discotheque, LNOE, and some of the older stuff stand a chance of making an appearance, particularly Mofo. I was at the Boston show when Bono randomly threw in a few lines of Mofo into COBL for the first time and the crowd went wild.

Back
Top Bottom