Bring Back Gone!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The band need to add in some Pop songs and unplayed No Line On The Horizon songs like Fez and Stand Up Comedy. Really take a different route with the leg comming up and spice it up.

I'm sure it's been mentioned a million times but:

Suit.

Of.

Fucking.

Lights.

HOW HARD IS IT? I mean really. Someone had the brains to figure out that they had a short instrumentalish song with the word "Rejoice" in it, why has this gone unnoticed this whole friggin' tour?

That being said, I could take or leave them brining back NLOTH songs at this point. New album tracks plzkthxbai.

Oh, and TUF. Please bring that back too.

I'm sure it's been mentioned a million times but:

Suit.

Of.

Fucking.

Lights.

HOW HARD IS IT? I mean really. Someone had the brains to figure out that they had a short instrumentalish song with the word "Rejoice" in it, why has this gone unnoticed this whole friggin' tour?

That being said, I could take or leave them brining back NLOTH songs at this point. New album tracks plzkthxbai.

Oh, and TUF. Please bring that back too.
Every word of this. I agree with every word of this.

(Seriously, B-man, not even a snippet?)

Gone is a good song and it would be great to hear it live again , but i guess the band was not happy with a few of those performances back on the Elevation Tour, so it's unrealistic now. Besides, I can think of some better and more realistic songs from Pop that they can do like Discotheque, Please (although they did say it's hard to do it in a post 9/11 world) or Staring At The Sun.

Gone is a good song and it would be great to hear it live again , but i guess the band was not happy with a few of those performances back on the Elevation Tour, so it's unrealistic now.

I assume they liked it enough because it was played at 51/113 shows.

I always wondered if it was really Larry's hate (okay, maybe not hate, but dislike) of the late 90's material that has made it impossible for them to play/perform live? I mean, I'm sure they all have a say at what gets to played and what not and I'm wondering if Larry takes a stance at this POP material and the rest don't have a very fond memory of the tour either. Other than that, I wouldn't understand how you could leave out top songs like Please, Mofo, Gone, If God Will Send His Angels...I could literally list the entire album.

I always wondered if it was really Larry's hate (okay, maybe not hate, but dislike) of the late 90's material that has made it impossible for them to play/perform live? I mean, I'm sure they all have a say at what gets to played and what not and I'm wondering if Larry takes a stance at this POP material and the rest don't have a very fond memory of the tour either. Other than that, I wouldn't understand how you could leave out top songs like Please, Mofo, Gone, If God Will Send His Angels...I could literally list the entire album.

Who knows? I find it frustrating Larry was the one who stated on the Pop ABC special, that the 90's albums were a reward for those that stuck around with the band. This was the music U2 wanted to make, etc.

Doesn't Edge have a 50% say so on whats played? I find his job the hardest (effects wise) to play certain songs.

Still think Discotheque or Mofo will make it next leg :up:

Easy solution: Replace Larry with Sam O' Sullivan. Sam usually soundchecks the drums with Mofo every time! Safe to say he likes Pop!:wink:

I have felt for a while now that Gone should be on the setlist, as should Last Night On Earth (check out Popmart Mexico for a refresher on how that song came alive live). In general would like to hear some of these 'louder' numbers - also on the list are Electric Co and No Line On The Horizon - songs full to the brim and bubbling over with energy - also with a certain rage and anger to balance out some of the softer stuff.

Id' rather hear LNOE, Discotheque, MoFo, or even Do You Feel Loved...

I really don't know what's the big deal of Gone... it's actually really slow for a "rock" song, even more than HMTMKMKM, which's slower than Ultraviolet.

If they didn't play it in Australia, it has no sense anywhere else.

In South Africa they should play FEZ ("african sun" and all that crap)
But they should KEEP Utlraviolet. I'm really not sold on HMTMKMKM, just too slow, and they didn't even bothered on change the lasers and wheel mic into YELLOW. I don't know...

I have felt for a while now that Gone should be on the setlist, as should Last Night On Earth (check out Popmart Mexico for a refresher on how that song came alive live). In general would like to hear some of these 'louder' numbers - also on the list are Electric Co and No Line On The Horizon - songs full to the brim and bubbling over with energy - also with a certain rage and anger to balance out some of the softer stuff.

This.

Exactly this.:up:

Back
Top Bottom