Brandenburg Gate setlist predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
As you may have heard, next Thursday, U2 are playing at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. According to MTV Germany, the set will be about 20 minutes long.

So, what do you think the band will play?

The way I see it, One, Beautiful Day, and a song from NLOTH are certainties. I also imagine Stay is quite likely, especially after the band resurrected it at the Berlin gig back in July.

So I predict:

1. Magnificent
2. Beautiful Day
3. Stay
4. One
5. Streets (seems as good a note as any to end on!)

Of course, Zoo Station would be perfect, but back in reality ...

I can see Ultraviolet being played, because it was apparently inspired by the multitude of Ultraviolet light on the streets of East Berlin after reunification or something (it's mentioned in U2ATEOTW - I forget the exact wording).

So, I predict four out of the following five songs:
Breathe
Beautiful Day
Stay (most likely out of the five)
Ultraviolet
Moment of Surrender

If they could fit all five, with MOS, of course, edited down, then that would be awesome.

Why would they play One at this sort of event?

Why would they play One at half the events they've played it?

In any case, it's the song they claim saved the band, that they came up with in Berlin just after the wall fell. Makes sense.

God I hope they don't play One! But then again, I feel that way about all their gigs! It's turned into U2's Freebird!

Beautiful day always has a good shot.

And I bet we get 2-3 NLOTH tracks.

Actually, what I wonder is whether U2 will only play for 20 minutes, or if they'll play longer and it's just 20 minutes that will be broadcast on the MTV EMAs. It's only MTV's website that mentions the 20 minute set; I don't think U2.com or Eventim.de do, at least last time I checked.

If they get to play a longer set, things could be very interesting.

Actually, what I wonder is whether U2 will only play for 20 minutes, or if they'll play longer and it's just 20 minutes that will be broadcast on the MTV EMAs. It's only MTV's website that mentions the 20 minute set; I don't think U2.com or Eventim.de do, at least last time I checked.

Prepare for Interference to explode when they play a bunch of AB and Zooropa songs coupled with some token NLOTH songs, and only a few are broadcast, and there isn't a bootleg.

I'll guess that it means they'll play about 4 songs, and only 2 of the songs will actually make it to the on-air broadcast.

1. Breathe
2. Magnificent
3. Beautiful Day
4. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. One
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday
8. Walk On
9. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
10. Where The Streets Have No Name
11. Moment Of Surrender

Let's send them to that pub first.

1. Womanfish
2. Knockin' On Brandenburg's Gate
3. Every Foaming Beer
4. Kingdom Of Your Lager
5. Dirty Old Town (Larry solo after the other three pass out)

I don't care what they're playing. I'm so upset right now that I'll be in Berlin ths weekend and not on 5 November. But, oh well, the 10.000 tickets will be extremely hard to get anyway. :sigh:

I'm sure it will be a great show.

Streets wont be played, i mean when has it ever been played at these kind of events of the years.

1. Breathe
2. Get On Your Boots
3. Beautiful Day
4. Vertigo
5. One - Not sure but you never know

They'll play Stay and One and maybe UTEOTW, stuff from AB, and some new songs. I wonder if the concert will really only be about 20 minutes. Are there other bands performing there as well or only U2?

Back
Top Bottom