Boots x2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Dammit - I cannot believe they are playing Get On Your Boots twice in one night!

This should not be the opener and the encore song.

I hate this idea.

For those who know what this references, I just wanted to be the first to have a pre-emptive grunt about this possibility.

For those that do not, ask.

:yell:

Bono always says "2 crap albums are we're out". Well, 2 crap songs in one night would go against that. GOYB twice would be 2 crap songs in one night. I love every other song in the record thought

SMB

Dammit - I cannot believe they are playing Get On Your Boots twice in one night!

This should not be the opener and the encore song.

I hate this idea.

For those who know what this references, I just wanted to be the first to have a pre-emptive grunt about this possibility.

For those that do not, ask.

What are you talking about 2X in a night? Also, Boots is awesome live, didn't you see the Brit awards? Opening reminds me of ZooTV.

it could never, ever happen. a band with such a extensive and great catalog would never, ever play the same mediocre first single twice in one night... that would just be dumb.

:wink:

you know, i hated when they were playing Vertigo twice at the time, but now looking back, i think it was pretty balsy of them.....and actually kind of cool....

though I reckoned it looked dumb on paper I actually didn't mind it at all when it happened at the shows I went to

though I reckoned it looked dumb on paper I actually didn't mind it at all when it happened at the shows I went to

it was ok, when they played 40 and looked as if it was finished and then came back to play vertigo. it seemed pretty spontaneous and was pretty cool. when it happened and they cut 40 or bad in favor of playing vertigo again it was extremely lame.

i loved it at the shows I went to and I preferred it to 40. Bad was easily the best closer though, far and away, not even close. With or Without you even though it only closed one show, was also very good. 40 just didn't impress me as much as all the other closers I saw...and I think I saw them all, sans all I want is you from the pacific leg. I saw 40, Vertigo, Bad, With or Without You, Fast Cars and Instant Karma... oh I think they closed with One Tree Hill on the Pacific leg as well- didn't see that, but I'm sure that was mega cool.

But yeah, point being, Vertigo X2 looks stupid on paper but at the shows I felt like it worked.

I think the band's doctors will stop this from happening. There is no way that guys in their late 40s/early 50s (2010 tour) should play their most up tempo song ever twice in one night.

:shame: :tsk:

That would be like them having sex twice in one night; not recommended / not going to happen.

:D

Mark

I think the band's doctors will stop this from happening. There is no way that guys in their late 40s/early 50s (2010 tour) should play their most up tempo song ever twice in one night.

:shame: :tsk:

That would be like them having sex twice in one night; not recommended / not going to happen.

:D

Mark

Again, who says?

bonos-pictures-with-two-partying-girls.jpg

i loved it at the shows I went to and I preferred it to 40. Bad was easily the best closer though, far and away, not even close. With or Without you even though it only closed one show, was also very good. 40 just didn't impress me as much as all the other closers I saw...and I think I saw them all, sans all I want is you from the pacific leg. I saw 40, Vertigo, Bad, With or Without You, Fast Cars and Instant Karma... oh I think they closed with One Tree Hill on the Pacific leg as well- didn't see that, but I'm sure that was mega cool.

But yeah, point being, Vertigo X2 looks stupid on paper but at the shows I felt like it worked.

yep. more proof that it's almost better not to watch setlists every night. i sure won't be until after the Chicago show, though i may peak at opening night, just because i don't have the will power.

If this were to happen(He/She that is holy forbid) I will personaly put a stop to it by getting on stage somehow and beat the "crab" out of Bono (who's idea it obviously was). Adam, Larry and Edge would look on with an approving grin on their faces.

Just for his health sake off course. He can not take 2 times this speed and BS in one night and I mean, come on, I love the man.:up:

I'll say it again...

playing the same song twice in a concert is dumb! :down:

leaving out the band's greatest song ever, "Bad", and playing a new song twice sucks big donkey balls!

Back
Top Bottom