Bono is starting to sing One properly again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monsieur fly

War Child
YouTube - ‪U2 ~ One Love ~ July 2, 2011 ~ 360 Tour ~ Nashville, TN‬‏

This is from Nashville. On the whole, this is one of the strongest performances I have heard in a while. Bono's restraint is pleasing. He does not oversing, he does not sing behind the melody, and generally-speaking, his phrasing does not deviate that much from his phrasing on the studio version. Has working on the AB remaster prompted a re-think?

One's been pretty good since around the fall of 2009, I think.

The classics have all undergone a noticeable improvement on 360.

All have been consistently brilliant vocal performances with the exception of WOWY, which has had more sub par performances than great ones this tour.

While we're on the subject, can anyone help me out and tell me how they think Bono's sounding on One and other songs compared to other points in the tour these days??

I haven't had anywhere near the time I usually have to go through videos, so I'm only caught up to a point!

I thought WOWY was fantastic at the shows I saw. I was expecting rubbish given all the complaints but he sang in a restrained tone and inflected the lines differently and I loves it. :shrug:

I'm enjoying WOWY on this tour (2010 and onwards) far more than I did on Vertigo. Not sure if that's my issue or Bono's. :wink:

To my ears, WOWY was great in 2010 but has undergone a recent decline.

Anyone have some good versions of late to suggest?

both WOWY and One still need their extra live verses to make them truly amazing again---"Shine like stars" for WOWY and the "Do you hear us coming, Lord?" part for One.

I'm starting to think Bono only sings them on very rare/special occasions. He only sang it at the first Sydney gig in Australia, I think, because from what I read it was the best crowd response of that leg.

One's been pretty good since around the fall of 2009, I think.

The classics have all undergone a noticeable improvement on 360.

All have been consistently brilliant vocal performances with the exception of WOWY, which has had more sub par performances than great ones this tour.

While we're on the subject, can anyone help me out and tell me how they think Bono's sounding on One and other songs compared to other points in the tour these days??

I haven't had anywhere near the time I usually have to go through videos, so I'm only caught up to a point!

Agree with all of this, except that, on the whole, I think WOWY has been a pretty big improvement over Vertigo, Elevation, and PopMart.

I appreciate the video in the OP, but does anyone have a good YouTube of the worst One they've heard? I think it would be a nice contrast to hear.

The one where they screwed up so bad they had to start half the song over again at the 360 debut in Barcelona was pretty cringe-worthy .... but that wasn't because Bono sang it poorly!

YEahhhh we shine like diamonds in the sky we shine like .... That really makes WOWY but heck seeing u2 live is a treat always

Back
Top Bottom