Black Eyed Peas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can take BEP or leave em. I think they have some catchy songs, but they certainly aren't going to be remembered for the depth or complexity of the songs that they write. That being said, in the circle a majority of the crowd was going bananas for the BEP. the only people that didnt "get them" seemed to be the older than 40 crowd. And even a few of them were going bonkers. BEP got the energy up big time, much much better than Kings of Leon on the Vertigo tour in Chicago in '05. I'd never go to a BEP concert, but as an opener, they were fantastic.

Heh. Thanks to them opening for U2 in Phoenix, I'm actually STRONGLY considering seeing them headline a show someday.

Think it's any coincidence that people are reporting that U2 has been re-energized and on fire the last few nights? I don't.

I watched that video to see what all the hype was about, and yeah it's what I expected I hated it :lol: Yeah they look like they're having fun up there but no matter how much they put into I Gotta Feeling it's still gonna suck :shrug: Plus Autotune can go to hell

I watched that video to see what all the hype was about, and yeah it's what I expected I hated it :lol: Yeah they look like they're having fun up there but no matter how much they put into I Gotta Feeling it's still gonna suck :shrug: Plus Autotune can go to hell

1. I Gotta Feeling may not have deep or meaningful lyrics, but it's a damn good feel-good dance song. That's what they aimed for and they succeeded.

2. Auto-Tune is overused these days, but I like the effect when used right. This is one of the times it works.

same here! i was like :lmao: :huh:

After seeing those videos, I'd gladly trade one of the two Muse performances I saw for one of those.

BEP were fun in Vegas. Much of their show is pretty silly (as are their songs), but they were fun.

Their bass was so loud that my clothes were vibrating. :crack: Thank god someone I was with had extra ear plugs.

I was in the pit last night and had no expectations that I would enjoy their set....and boy was I surprised when I DID! They were fun to watch, got the crowd revved up and Fergie did not suck:wink:

Way too many serious "BEP" haters infesting this forum...

The are a fun band... May not be your cup of tea, but they are fun, all my friends say so, and my friends friends, and even those that know them...

Maybe they don't have many politically and spiritually charged songs but they definately energize the crowd.. In fact other than the 2 ballods every song was high energy... Fantastic Choice by U2 to pick them up...

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm actually looking forward to seeing them open again tomorrow.

i've been humming and singing lines from generation now and i've gotta feeling all damn day

-dan

I have a pic of you on FB and I think you have one of me and Karen in the pit from last night but I don't know your real name to friend you :reject:

I tagged her in that pic you tagged of me...

You know, I can go to a bar and dance to songs I don't necessarily like. Imagine that!

You can sit there in the corner on your 9th beer and complain and moan about it, or you can come out here and join us on the dance floor.

:dance::dance::dance:

Okay so slash coming out and playing sweet child of mine was of the chains, wth fergie singing it.

as happy as i am about slash, i'm bummed they didn't do generation now

jesus, i need to go see a dr

-dan

How old am I? I was in Oklahoma for both the U2 concert and my 25 year college reunion.
Walking into the stadium Sunday I didn't know The Black Eyed Peas from Korn. [rimshot] But not only did I go out and buy the CD single of I Gotta Feeling for my workout CD but I think U2 should consider replacing Major Tom with this song as their entrance music on the next legs of the 360 tour.

Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom