Black Eyed Peas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gabe, you can write a 6000-page thesis on BEP and the political undercurrents of their lyrics and it isn't going to change how much I detest them and their “Humps”... The same goes for someone trying to convince you that another opening band is better so why don't we just call it a day and remember how bad Dashboard Confessional was?

The thing is, I don't expect anything from BEP other than something to dance to. I don't want to get smashed and fuck around on the dance floor to political commentary, admittedly...I was just demonstrating that they just happened to have written some decent lyrics on some of their songs. I agree however, that My Humps is pretty brutal.

Snow Patrol, on the other hand...I decided to give them a thorough listen the last while - which, for me, includes reading the lyrics while I listen - and honestly, for a band that is trying to be taken seriously (assuming?), alot of the songs are simply atrocious.

We'll always agree on Dashboard Crapfessional :wink:

You like them, great. Others dont, oh well.

/end.

I dont get why its so hard. lol.

Judging from the YT videos I have seen so far, The BEPs seem to have gotten the best response of any of the opening acts so far. The crowd looks like they really got into the group. Good for them. :up:

Holy shit you ain't kiddin:

YouTube - Black Eyed Peas, Boom Boom Pow in Norman, OK

YouTube - I Gotta Feelin- Black Eyed Peas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DrArAcZaiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyAu0F0kzRI

The crowd is eating that up in the last one especially
:up:

Sorry Gabe, but as a grammar nazi I prefer lyrics that are written in English. :shrug:

Galeongirl is a nazi?
:wink:

And on topic, while I don't rock out to the BEP normally, I think they would be a fun opener.

Looks like they got to use the stage a bit more than the other openers?

I don't know. I just watched a few seconds of those clips and :|

It just seems like 4 people singing karaoke to a bunch of pop songs. I'll sit through them Friday night though.

Still disappointed Doves didn't get an opportunity this tour :angry:

According to setlist.fm, this was the BEP set:
-Let's Get It Started
-Rock That Body
-Meet Me Halfway
-Alive / Don't Phunk with My Heart
-Big Girls Don't CryFergie solo
-My Humps
-Pump It
-Where Is The Love?
-Boom Boom Pow
-I Gotta Feeling

I'm psyched for Friday....U2 to close for BEP...:wink:

and the vids keep rolling in, this one is closer...maybe inside the pit?

YouTube - Black Eyed Peas Norman Oklahoma 10-18-2009 U2

in a weird twist, someone commented that he was the 'marry me fergie' dude I referred to in the Big Girls Don't Cry video. He even gives his seat number!! :lol:

another angle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETF3xcQlcuw

love the guy at 0:29...he's groovin, smilin...then he looks to his left and erases the smile. Guess who he was with was a downer lol

that entire stadium is packed and moving to the beat...so frickin cool!! :up:

I have said since they were announced that they were a good choice. I (unlike most on here) have seen them before, and they know how to perform!

Can't wait for Friday/Sunday...

this :up:

Gabe, you can write a 6000-page thesis on BEP and the political undercurrents of their lyrics and it isn't going to change how much I detest them and their “Humps”... The same goes for someone trying to convince you that another opening band is better so why don't we just call it a day and remember how bad Dashboard Confessional was?

I kind of liked them as well...had no idea what to expect....but they put on a good show. Much different than MUSE, but they were pretty damn fun. I hate that solo song by Fergie though, i wanted to BOOO really bad. Its just so bad its offensive. Other than that i enjoyed them, and yes the crowd rocked.

Them chickens be jackin my style. :cabbagepatch:

I bet you Larry loves "My Humps". In fact.....I heard that the other three said that they didn't want BEP....and Larry vetoed all the votes.

Betcha.......

......wish your boyfriend was hot like me.

Oh wait...that's a different group...same genre.

did fergie pee her pants :reject:

Yes she did on stage once. Admitted it...and there are pictures to prove it.

14712312_1036394169Did_fergie_pee_her_pants.jpg

fergie-pee-photos.jpg

Isn't everyone into golden showers?

Back
Top Bottom