Auckland Rehearsals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They rehearsed Rejoice? Is Larry still young enough to play the drum solo?

Wow, Scarlet. What a strange pick. A very forgettable song in the U2 catalogue. It's pretty, I guess, but it's also just kind of there. I've never really thought much of it at all, but that's just me. I'd also probably prefer the thing if Bono didn't sing on it.

Very cool that they'd choose such an obscure, old track, but Scarlet? Hmmmm.

One Tree Hill is a great choice, of course, as always.

Maybe Scarlet will help them remember I Fall Down or Rejoice or I Threw A Brick.

Or maybe they can look back an album for A Day Without Me, Another Time, Another Place or Twilight.

Or maybe they can look ahead to 2 Hearts or Surrender or Seconds.

Come on, U2, you started putting out albums in 1980!!

We've heard enough 1984-present recently, it wont kill them if 2 songs from before then make into the rotation!

If they play Scarlet then Pop will be the only U2 album without any live performances this tour (so far).

PLEASE U2, PLAY SOMETHING FROM POP!

I love U2! And I love the 360 Tour!

Scarlet would just be awesome!

u2gigs:

Today, more rehearsals took place at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland, and this time it was by the band themselves rather than the crew. However, before detailing today's proceedings, we have some extra information from yesterday, posted on Interference by ramblin rose. Besides the material already featured in this report, the crew soundchecked parts or all of the following songs at some point during the day: Bad, Beautiful Day, Boy Falls From The Sky (unreleased song), Miss Sarajevo, Mysterious Ways, New Year's Day, Return Of The Stingray Guitar (unreleased song), The Unforgettable Fire, Unknown Caller (not yet performed in 2010), and With Or Without You.

Before rehearsals began today, Edge posted a photo of the actual One Tree Hill here. This evening's session then began with some extensive One Tree Hill soundchecking. A big thank you to Simon for his reports from the venue, and thanks also to coolian2 on Interference for fleshing out a couple of details. The band began a little after 6pm local time and rehearsed:

One Tree Hill riff
Further One Tree Hill jamming
One Tree Hill, instrumental but complete - Bono then sings outro
One Tree Hill, full band
Scarlet (previously only played once ever); Bono improvises extra lyrics around the main "rejoice" refrain
Boy Falls From The Sky
Boy Falls From The Sky again, instrumental

Return of Unknown Caller??:hyper: and TUF?

Yeah, UC and TUF coming back would be awesome too.

It's not like Aus/NZ had a previous leg where they already got all those songs.

U2, Don't Forget this album:

album-pop.jpg

What I wonder is where the hell they'd slot Scarlet into the setlist, assuming they don't decide to shake it up drastically. All I can think of is before Walk On.

What I wonder is where the hell they'd slot Scarlet into the setlist, assuming they don't decide to shake it up drastically. All I can think of is before Walk On.

do we even know if they'll play Walk On?

Please leave UC on the bench.

Went over like a led balloon live.

They should be moving this set further towards, not away from, rockers.

Legs 1 and 2 nearly put me to sleep, 3 kicked ass.

How about One Tree Hill?

You think the 360 traditional "anything goes" spot after SHF?

I would hope they use it as the closer, though in Auckland. (Seems like they rehearsed it right at the same time as MOS)

If it stays on in Australia, I'm thinking Bad into OTH into TUF mid-set would do quite nicely!!

Back
Top Bottom