Auckland Rehearsals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks again for the updates, khan and ian. Really good shit you're doing, and I'm pretty damn jealous of you. Hopefully they bust out another surprise song at some point.

I'm probably the only one who's excited at the thought of Jay-Z joining U2 onstage. :lol:

Definitely not the only one. I'm not attending any of these shows but if I was at a show that Jay-Z was opening I'd be thrilled (he's the best opening act they've brought so far on 360, imo) and I'd love it if he jumped on stage for a couple minutes and joined the band. Why not? It's something new for the band and, hell, if you don't like Jay-Z, he'll only be there for a few minutes at most. Watch him with an open mind and try to enjoy it. Jay-Z rapping on a song or two should not ruin U2's set for anybody.

oh cool & thank you both for updating us!

got to go gather ZZZZZZZ's now!

Go well ! :wave::wave:
enjoy the rest of the rehershal!

i think it's kind of neat to have Jay-Z as an opener.
i'd be fine with that if he was in NJ '11. I like Interpole (who we are getting).

Achtung Aucklanders. Bit of help please Cathal has texted me about a interference gathering he is trying to find in Auckland. He is in a pub called 'The Muddy Farmer' but it seems u2 fanless. Can anyone point him in the right direction? He says he will buy everyone a drink when he gets there!

Achtung Aucklanders. Bit of help please Cathal has texted me about a interference gathering he is trying to find in Auckland. He is in a pub called 'The Muddy Farmer' but it seems u2 fanless. Can anyone point him in the right direction? He says he will buy everyone a drink when he gets there!
let him know we decided to open our presents early :wink:

Erm. Scarlet? Man I don't even remember that song anymore.

/random bitching about the lack of pop songs and that IALW is still in the set.

I have to say, other than B. Day in the opening sequence again :down: I like the way most of the setlist is shaping up. It is too bad One Tree Hill most likely will not survive much if at all beyond New Zealand. Scarlet is an excellent choice to replace MLK, fits perfectly.

This Scarlet featuring Jay-Z deal is just some random confirmed rumor bullshit, right?

My initial reaction to Scarlet was "wtf", but now I think it would be really awesome.

Also, I'm quite glad to see UV being rehearsed. I just don't want it to ever be fully replaced by HMTMetcetera.

How does Scarlet (feat Jay-Z) go?

Bono: Reeeejoiiccceee
Jay Z: yeah...u-huh...yeah

??
:lol:

i'm sloooowly working on getting videos uploaded (they're taking their sweet time uploading). i'll probably have to go to bed before they're done, but they'll be up on my youtube account (YouTube - KhanadaRhodes's Channel). i got a couple versions of boy falls from the sky as well as one tree hill.

this one should be working in about half an hour:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXE6ZsdjRrk

I'm probably the only one who's excited at the thought of Jay-Z joining U2 onstage. :lol:

I'd be all over that. Good for you for not being one of the elitist U2 fans who complain about an opening act before ever seeing it in person. :up:

I'm holding back Vomit. Seriously, Jay-Z gets his 45 minutes and can leave as far as I'm concerned. Might as well call Mary J Blige in as well....

Sorry, I don't want to sound close minded and negative... but I paid to see U2...and not to have one of their songs ruined with a rap going down in the background.

Sorry, you do sound close-minded and negative.

Definitely not the only one. I'm not attending any of these shows but if I was at a show that Jay-Z was opening I'd be thrilled (he's the best opening act they've brought so far on 360, imo) and I'd love it if he jumped on stage for a couple minutes and joined the band. Why not? It's something new for the band and, hell, if you don't like Jay-Z, he'll only be there for a few minutes at most. Watch him with an open mind and try to enjoy it. Jay-Z rapping on a song or two should not ruin U2's set for anybody.

This. A thousand times this. I'd take Jay-Z over anybody they've had open in North America so far.

Back
Top Bottom