Any Pop Songs on 360? Place your bets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was a post on the forum from a fan who spoke to Dallas about Mercy before one of the recent shows. He said something like "Oh you actually LIKE that?"

I thought by that Dallas meant that it was still somewhat unfinished? :huh:

There was a post on the forum from a fan who spoke to Dallas about Mercy before one of the recent shows. He said something like "Oh you actually LIKE that?"

:scratch: How does that translate to the entire crew and the rest of the band don't care for the song? The quote, if it even happened, is pretty ambiguous as well. I don't even know how it indicates Dallas doesn't like the song. :shrug:

Gotta love the net!! :wink:

And that's what you're basing your comment on?

Some comment that could or could have not occured, could or could have not been sarcastic, and only said by one person?

Yeah that sounds like the WHOLE CREW AND THE BAND. :lmao:

You're right BVS, although thats not how I interpreted the original post.

And that's what you're basing your comment on?

Some comment that could or could have not occured, could or could have not been sarcastic, and only said by one person?

Yeah that sounds like the WHOLE CREW AND THE BAND. :lmao:
I heard the crew members are going to go on strike if Bono doesn't put the "ripping the stitches" part back in.

Discotheque would be perfect either before or after Crazy Tonite. :up:

And Mofo would be perfect as a new addition to the second encore. :drool:
They should rotate it with HMTMKMKM. :drool:

Vertigo
Discotheque
Crazy

I'm hoping we'll get some Pop next year. I don't see U2 bringing the same 360 show to the states next year. Especially since their playing some similar markets 2 years later.

I'm sure U2 will change up the set a bit for the Australia shows and for the North American shows. But POP seems less likely seeing as how PopMart was not a huge hit in the States. But still, one can always cross their fingers :wink:

Or they could drop a bomb on all of Interference and debut Acrobat in.......Salt Lake City.....cause I'll be at that show..... :wink: :drool:

again, like I've said everywhere...

City Of Blinding Lights
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
MLK
Walk On
One
Where The Streets Have No Name

Popmusik intro
MOFO
Crazy Tonight (remix)
Vertigo

HMTMKMKM
Ultraviolet
WOWY
MOS

My preference would be like this
Elevation
Until The End of the World
Last Night On Earth

City of Blinding Lights/Mofo (snippet)
Vertigo
Discotheque
Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Mothers of the Disappeared
Walk On
One
Please
Where The Streets Have No Name
HMTMKMKM [rotate with Gone]
Ultraviolet
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender

I think the 'Crazy Tonight' remix is as close as we'll get to an actual POP song. The beat just seems SO akin to a reworked Discotheque that it almost seems like the band came up with this hot new live arrangement for Discotheque, but then decided to switch it over to a newer song that was lacking some oomph live. Like, the remix idea was too good to 'waste' on an older song from a relatively unsuccessful record.

I'm not complaining here but...

Can anyone think of a reason why they're not playing Pop songs? Looking at the Auckland rehearsal news it looks like every U2 album since Boy since Boy will be represented this tour except you know what.

My guess is they just don't feel the need to play the songs. Last Night on Earth, Gone, and Disco seem like naturals to play on this tour, with this stage. You never know maybe they will pull a fast one on us later in the tour. After all there's 30+ shows left.

I'm not complaining here but...

Can anyone think of a reason why they're not playing Pop songs? Looking at the Auckland rehearsal news it looks like every U2 album since Boy since Boy will be represented this tour except you know what.

My guess is they just don't feel the need to play the songs. Last Night on Earth, Gone, and Disco seem like naturals to play on this tour, with this stage. You never know maybe they will pull a fast one on us later in the tour. After all there's 30+ shows left.
The worst part? They're currently working on a club-influenced album. Gee, it certainly wouldn't be a good idea to revive any material from your last experiment with dance music to get people hyped or anything! :|

I know alot of you expect me to say "Miami" on this one because on Youtube, I've been making it out as their best song, but i would actually like to hear them try Gone or Last Night On Earth.

At least :bono: seems to acknowledge that the album exists now:

Pop, which was supposed to capture the fun and frolics of the freedom U2 found in the '90s, turned out as a document of the ensuing hangover.
It is my daughters' favourite, which has me worried.

Source: Bono: My love affair with Australia

Now if he would only listen to his kids more often :scream: :rockon:

Maybe there's still hope now that the Discotheque snippet was brought back in Crazy Tonight for Perth II.

/Longbow

That's what I thought when the snippet appeared in Torino. :huh:

And it didn't miss a show for 15 shows, skipped the next 16 and then it's mysteriously back for the last show of the year. Why you tease us U2 :sad::lol:

I just wish when fans meet any member of U2 (Bono especailly) just ask after the "hi, nice to meet you, I'm such a big fan, thank you,".....Can you play some songs off of Pop?

I've told myself for whenever I meet any of them I will say with a smile, "FYI Pop is one of rock n rolls most underrated albums, I wish you guys will play more of it live" :up:

if I ever meet Bono I will tell him that I think Pop is a masterpiece and it speaks to me more than any other album and that I wouldn't be a U2 fan without it.

and then I might mention how great it was to see them play Gone in 2001 and how much I wish I could have seen Popmart...

and maybe he'll take the hint :sexywink:

i am hoping the "club album" encourages them to revisit Pop. I can totally see Discotheque or Mofo being played if they start dancin' it up.

i can't believe they didn't play Gone with the suit of lights though :doh: MOST OBVIOUS REFERENCE EVER

That is definitely a realistic/serious suggestion.

I'm not saying it would definitely work, but U2 have a history of listening to their fans, even on short notice. Signs are often picked out, people brought up to play certain songs, etc.

Also, there's that story from Chicago in 2005 where a fan(maybe they post here, not sure) had the Zooropa conversation with Bono before the show, particularly Daddy Pay and The First Time. That night, if I recall the story correctly, both songs were snippeted. Daddy Pay during the Discotheque/Fly transition and The First Time during Bad.

Back
Top Bottom