Angel of Harlem - Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

budvarka

The Fly
Just heard on the governed by public law Czech Radio station interview with the guy who played guitar in Angel of Harlem in Berlin. Stepan and his two friends got a band back home in Prague, made it to the rail in Berlin with signs : " I + 2 FRIENDS + GUITAR/BASE/DRUMS = ANGEL OF HARLEM ".
Stepan swears that nothing was set up upront and Bono spoted the sign and really took them up on the stage... Edge apparantly looked shocked "wtf?!" when Stepan was able to change the chord when Bono went into the Jackson's snippets! Bono at the end of the song even asked Stepan for his name and as Stepan said - their dream has come true.

When you got a band what is more than playing infront of 90k people with U2 on the stage? Uffff, will be very hard for the guys to come back into real world now.

That was so funny! I was wondering if these were the guys with the banner I saw at the beginning of the show, because later they somehow appeared on stage and I didn't knew what was going on.:up:

its on czech website as well now ... �len �esk�ho revivalu, kter� si zahr�l s U2: Kdy� se sen spln�, je to fantazie - iDNES.cz

It was their first public appearance after a 1.5 years of reharsing in the garage. They are saying the were obviously nervous but the band behaved so nicely and calm to them so they managed to play it all without any error.

They going to Amsterdam shows now, but not planning to appear on the stage anymore. Going to enjoy the show from seats. Might bring a banner with a big thank you on it - thanks for giving us great life as well...

it was really cool, they were standing right behind me, and at first I was very suprised when Bono pointed into our direction and asked "you wanna play?" but then I realized that the next song was Angel Of Harlem so I took a step to the right and let them through.

there was actually a ladder right there under the stage from the beginning on, so I had been wondering the whole time if maybe somebody was gonna get up there. :hmm:

but I have to say they all seemed very cool up on stage, the guy playing the guitar looked totally comfortable walking around the stage while everyone else stayed at the center :up:

Back
Top Bottom