Angel of Harlem - Berlin - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2009, 01:45 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 02:31 AM
Angel of Harlem - Berlin

Just heard on the governed by public law Czech Radio station interview with the guy who played guitar in Angel of Harlem in Berlin. Stepan and his two friends got a band back home in Prague, made it to the rail in Berlin with signs : " I + 2 FRIENDS + GUITAR/BASE/DRUMS = ANGEL OF HARLEM ".
Stepan swears that nothing was set up upront and Bono spoted the sign and really took them up on the stage... Edge apparantly looked shocked "wtf?!" when Stepan was able to change the chord when Bono went into the Jackson's snippets! Bono at the end of the song even asked Stepan for his name and as Stepan said - their dream has come true.

When you got a band what is more than playing infront of 90k people with U2 on the stage? Uffff, will be very hard for the guys to come back into real world now.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:05 AM   #2
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:31 AM
That was so funny! I was wondering if these were the guys with the banner I saw at the beginning of the show, because later they somehow appeared on stage and I didn't knew what was going on.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:11 AM   #3
The Fly

its on czech website as well now ... �len �esk�ho revivalu, kter� si zahr�l s U2: Kdy� se sen spln�, je to fantazie - iDNES.cz

It was their first public appearance after a 1.5 years of reharsing in the garage. They are saying the were obviously nervous but the band behaved so nicely and calm to them so they managed to play it all without any error.

They going to Amsterdam shows now, but not planning to appear on the stage anymore. Going to enjoy the show from seats. Might bring a banner with a big thank you on it - thanks for giving us great life as well...
Old 07-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #4
Acrobat

it was really cool, they were standing right behind me, and at first I was very suprised when Bono pointed into our direction and asked "you wanna play?" but then I realized that the next song was Angel Of Harlem so I took a step to the right and let them through.

there was actually a ladder right there under the stage from the beginning on, so I had been wondering the whole time if maybe somebody was gonna get up there.

but I have to say they all seemed very cool up on stage, the guy playing the guitar looked totally comfortable walking around the stage while everyone else stayed at the center
Old 07-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
The Fly

these guys getting a lot of publicity here in Czech Republic. They been on every TV channel in prime time News right now...

Old 07-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:31 PM
That was so cool. Almost better than the 'Wild Horses' fan moment in Hawaii.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
The Fly

Local Time: 01:31 AM
U2 Poptars

so the band of the guys (U2 Poptarts) who played with U2 in Berlin will have their first live gig in 2011 on January 22nd, they are just rehearsing for their first gig so I hope it will be great event.

Please look at their site U2 POPTARTS • News (Don’t hope for too much) or visit U2 Poptarts | Facebook