Am I the only one that thinks that Fez/BB would be really boring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm all for more NLOTH songs in the set...just not the most complex one. No way would they be able to do the song justice.

I don't think Fez-Being Born would be hard to play live. If they worked on it a little it could certainly work and if they did it right it would be amazing. Also, it can't hurt to try it a few times.

I think at best, we'd get a very shortened version, like it happened with Zooropa on Zoo TV.

No Fez, just the band going straight into Being Born.

I'm sort of confused why people still care about Fez-Being Born. Leave it as it is.......a great album track. Just like Acrobat and Red Hill Mining Town. We have a new album coming soon so hopefully people move on.

I think it would be a major snooze fest. No hook, no chorus, no point. Terrible song to play live noone will get it.

Much better to play Zooropa. It's off a Grammy-winning album and it's got all the elements Fez does not.

I think it would be a major snooze fest. No hook, no chorus, no point. Terrible song to play live noone will get it.

Pretty much this. Fez/BB, White as Snow, Cedars... are my favorite tracks on NLOTH, but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking they would be successful live - much less as openers.

I think the fact that they had that Fez intro into COBL at Cape Town gives us a hint that they may be open to trying out the song live. Maybe at one of the south american/mexico city shows they will open with it?

I think the way pepokiss described it would be awesom, although I don't really care if they play Soon before it. I think just starting out with the house lights going down, some awesome new visuals on the screen as Fez begins, and then the band goes on stage and when Being Born begins - with that big guitar, bass, and drum EXPLOSION part at the beginning - the lights flash on and Bono can be on the elliptical walkway dancing and singing and screwing around like he did with Stingray Guitar.

I really liked the idea of continuing the "let me in the sound" loop so that they can segue into GOYB. That would be really cool.

Back
Top Bottom