All Discussion on 2011 Rehearsals, Soundchecks *SPOILER ALERT*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
With the concert 2 days away, I haven't heard ANY news about soundchecks... what gives?

Let's use this thread to discuss soundchecks and rehearsals so that people don't get spoiled in the gathering threads. Thanks.

Last edited:
Anyone listen to the feed U2gigs put up of rehearsals in Chile?

OTH, very surprising, looks like they will most likely get OTH AND MOTD in Chile. Very lucky fans. Would love to see them do either again in person. I hope they play OTH for a broadcast of one of the South American shows.

What has been heard SO FAR in Santiago (before 8:00 PM AST/EST)

Stingray (No Bono)
Beautiful Day (No Bono)
I Will Follow (No Bono)
Boots (No Bono)
Magnificent (No Bono)
Mysterious Ways (No Bono)
Elevation (with Bono)
UTEOTW
Still Haven't Found
One Tree Hill
Miss Sarajevo (incomplete - END)
--
Reworking the Questions segue (Fez loop in a lower key) x2
--
City of Blinding Lights (No Bono) - original key
Walk On (No Bono)

if you wanted to be uncharitable you might say this sounds like a dream gig for some fans :wink:

Ha. Doesn't look like one to me. :wink:

I love HMTMKMKM, but I'm missing Ultraviolet. Still think that HMTMKMKM/UV encore from Horsens II should come back.

yeah thought that was a beauty myself.........
;)

but seriously, a surprising couple of additions there. here's hoping they actually go through with them, even if they play it safe and keep them back for night 2

What the band have rehearsed (so far) today:

Stingray Guitar
Beautiful Day
I Will Follow
Boots
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways
Elevation
UTEOTW
Still Haven't Found
One Tree Hill
Miss Sarajevo (incomplete - ENDING ONLY)
--
Questions segue rework x2
--
City of Blinding Lights
Walk On
HMTMKMKM
Moment Of Surrender (Full Band)

.......urghhh they need to let
Moment Of Surrender
just drop :doh: (in my opinion)

haha i had to edit my post and add that on the end simply because i knew someone would jump in and tell me to stick it otherwise :lol:

Ha! I would never tell you to "stick it." But I did totally give you a funny look through my computer. :wink:

Doesn't the thread title have a warning for show spoiler???? Why does it have to be put on each comment???? Don't go in the thread if you don't want to know!!!! :crack: ;)

Yeah, I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that the most boring song in the setlist is here to stay.

(I thought after Vertigo it would be gone)

Seriously.

I was really wishing that they would switch up the set for the South American shows.

So, since spoiler is on the thread I can say it. The setlist has been posted. Chile gets One Tree Hill AND Mothers Of the Disappeared. Plus the Stingray intro is back. Not bad, like I said I would love to see either played again in person, they get both!

A little birdie told me they soundchecked Zooropa, with possibly just Edge singing some background vocals? Sounds like Bono wasn't there.

:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom