All Discussion on 2011 Rehearsals, Soundchecks *SPOILER ALERT*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SOUNDCHECK - May 9, 2011 (ongoing)

Even Better Than The Real Thing
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Discotheque (snippet)
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Thanks to U2_mx and @elpinchetorres on Twitter for the reports.

More updating!

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Discotheque (snippet) / Please (snippet)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
-
Discotheque (riffs)

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Discotheque (snippet) / Please (snippet)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
-
Discotheque (riffs/first verse)
-
Zooropa

Discotheque riffs eh? :hmm:

I wonder the same thing. :wink: :hmm:

Oh..some more activity!

Sunday Bloody Sunday
-
Discotheque (riffs/main verse)
Zooropa (x3)

Wow!
You think they're gonna try EBTTRT into Crazy Tonight? I personally would rather keep it as the opener, but still.

Also for the big SPOILER:

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Unknown Caller riff rehearsed last night. Nothing new unless they actually rehearse it in full. They were also toying around with the Discotheque snippet last night, for a moment I thought they were going to rehearse the full song. But something is fishy, Bono sang some lyrics of "Please" at the end of the CT Remix. And it looks like today they will rehearse as well, even if Bono's birthday. (Happy Birthday Bono!)

Hmmm never seen U2.com announce songs that the have soundchecked,

maybe they have rehearsed some suprises indoors?

Even if UC was just a riff, they actually counted it as road-testing. :lol:

A U2 soundcheck ringing out from the Azteca Stadium last night, first one of the final lap of U2360° as it heads through North America this summer.

Zooropa, Even Better Than The Real Thing, 'Crazy' and Unknown Caller were all road-tested ahead of the first show of three in Mexico City tomorrow night.

U2 > News > Mexico Soundcheck

They've had time to rehearse a few songs indoors, lets hope they pull out a few surprises during the show. Abit of Mofo or Last Night On Earth would go down a treat :D

It should be known that they've played the Discotheque riff and sang the first verse and chorus at the end of Crazy Tonight before, so unless they play the full song, it is just an adapted ending for Crazy Tonight that they are rehearsing.

It should be known that they've played the Discotheque riff and sang the first verse and chorus at the end of Crazy Tonight before, so unless they play the full song, it is just an adapted ending for Crazy Tonight that they are rehearsing.

Yeah I remember they played it in some 2010 shows, so if they end up not playing the full song (which I sort of doubt it) we'll see it in snippet form once again.

The techs have gone through a small runthrough, band expected to soundcheck soon. Can't believe 360's final lap begins tomorrow.

It's the band this time (based on tweets around the Estadio Azteca - #U2360MEX)

SOUNDCHECK - May 10, 2011 (ongoing)

Magnificent
Discotheque (riffs)

EDIT: Updating the runthrough below. :)

SOUNDCHECK - May 10, 2011 (ongoing)

Magnificent
Discotheque (riffs)
Crazy Tonight / Please (snippet) / Discotheque (snippet)
Walk On
One (riffs)
Zooropa
Magnificent

Home Discotheque becomes a full song, and is played on Saturday when I'll be there! hehehe

Back
Top Bottom