All discussion about Bad here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whatever .....anyway....... It´s BAD !!!! :heart::heart::heart:

Nice saying, but is that really all that matters? "Just play the tune, don't care, whether we really want to go for it" Nope, that's not, what I'd like to see in a concert. But in a way exactly this is happening right now on 360 ...

Wasn't Bad a "regular" in the rotation during the Elevation tour, no?

"Bad" was played almost every night on the Elevation Tour. The nights it wasn't played, "All I Want Is You", was played instead. This usually happened if the band played multiple nights in a city.

"Bad" was played almost every night on the Elevation Tour. The nights it wasn't played, "All I Want Is You", was played instead. This usually happened if the band played multiple nights in a city.

:drool: I'd be overjoyed with either.

Sure beats having to decide between Angel of Harlem and acoustic Desire, as was the case during leg 1 of 360. :crack:

And after writing only in hieroglyphs – what is it, you do not get from my point of view?:hmm:

Maybe cause I really did not understand what you meant saying: "Nope, that's not, what I'd like to see in a concert. But in a way exactly this is happening right now on 360 ..." related to Bad.

Songs are never played in the same way alive. ...I just love when U2 plays Bad.. anyway.... that´s it.

Okay, I try it again to explain to you: You are obviously satisfied, when U2 do play. When U2 do play "Bad". That is fine for you, which is fine for me, too.

But I do care about HOW a song is performed, sung, played. The "Bad" versions in 2009 are sung with not half of the emotion, not with half of the energy, they were performed on the tours before.

For me these also very short, always identical snippeted versions in comparison to the pre-2009 versions are somewhat uninspired. They do lack something, that this beautiful tune ususally has in concerts. They touch a nostalgic nerve within me, but not more. That's all.

^^You´re right in your point, ZOOTVTOURist...completely right about the lack of energy..emotion...when they sing Bad these days but this has happened with many songs... I think.

How I miss Bad then...even Bono´s voice singing this amazing song with passion and energy...how I miss but... time passed and U2 has changed with time... everything changes... I´m glad to see them singing Bad...anyway..as I said but obviously....the tours before are "the tours before" and time counts...unfortunately..

Well...we can´t change some things, can we ??

I wish we could.....

^^You´re right in your point, ZOOTVTOURist...completely right about the lack of energy..emotion...when they sing Bad these days but this has happened with many songs... I think.

How I miss Bad then...even Bono´s voice singing this amazing song with passion and energy...how I miss but... time passed and U2 has changed with time... everything changes... I´m glad to see them singing Bad...anyway..as I said but obviously....the tours before are "the tours before" and time counts...unfortunately..

Well...we can´t change some things, can we ??

I wish we could.....
:up: And this lack of energy, emotion, conviction, passion is the reason, why I do rank 360 weaker than the tours before, this is the only reason.
But there is still hope, and maybe, maybe we get a return to these performances on the next stage of U2's journey (as it happened in '01/'05/'06).
U2 still have 3 albums to do, but also only 3 tours left (including the SOA-project and the legs next year), until the Live Nation deal and maybe everything will be over in 2020. So I really try to enjoy the band still playing live and love the moments, that are still there for me in 360. But there is something special missing, which is sad ...

i also agree that "Bad" was one of the highlights of Chicago 1 too. was it an epic performance that will go down in history as one of the best versions of "Bad" ever? no. but i didn't really see anything that suggests that they're not playing it as well as they have in the past. :shrug:

with that said, strangely, i prefer the rare Popmart version of "Bad". maybe it's just because they only played twice (i think) on the Popmart Tour. it just had a different, magical feel to it. but once again, play "Bad" from any tour, and i'm satisfied.

i also agree that "Bad" was one of the highlights of Chicago 1 too. was it an epic performance that will go down in history as one of the best versions of "Bad" ever? no. but i didn't really see anything that suggests that they're not playing it as well as they have in the past. :shrug:

with that said, strangely, i prefer the rare Popmart version of "Bad". maybe it's just because they only played twice (i think) on the Popmart Tour. it just had a different, magical feel to it. but once again, play "Bad" from any tour, and i'm satisfied.

I actually consider Wembley 2 and Chicago 1 two of the best performances of Bad ever, with Live Aid, ZooTV Dublin, and Vertigo Saitama 3. :shrug:

Also:

Bad
(lyrics) Show all 679 song names in database.

[...]

PopMart Tour
· 1998-01-30 - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Morumbi
· 1998-02-07 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - River Plate Stadium
· 1998-02-11 - Santiago, Chile - Estadio Nacional
· 1998-02-17 - Perth, Western Australia - Burswood Dome
· 1998-02-21 - Melbourne, Victoria - Waverley Park
· 1998-02-25 - Brisbane, Queensland - ANZ Stadium
· 1998-02-27 - Sydney, New South Wales - Sydney Football Stadium
· 1998-03-05 - Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo Dome
· 1998-03-16 - Cape Town, South Africa - Greenpoint Stadium

oh wow. they did play it more than twice. i still love the Pop versions.

i apologize for not linking YouTube videos to prove that my opinion is better than everyone else's. you'll just have to take my word for it.

oh wow. they did play it more than twice. i still love the Pop versions.

i apologize for not linking YouTube videos to prove that my opinion is better than everyone else's. you'll just have to take my word for it.

I'll post a video to help you prove your opinion, since you are incompetent at it, even though I disagree with it. :wink:

YouTube - U2 - Bad/All I Want Is You - Popmart Santiago 1998

I would call this performance magical, yes, but annoyingly lacking in competence on Bono's part. However, he's really into it, so it's still pretty cool. :up: The whole PopMart Santiago show is awesome - it's highly worth the time and effort to torrent down the DVD. And even though Bono fails miserably at hitting Bad's high notes, the show is still one of his best vocal moments of the tour.

heck yeah! and thanks for posting the YT video for me. as you can all see now, my opinion is fact....because of this YT video.

Back
Top Bottom