ALL discussion about Acrobat here!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
Refugee
 
Hallucination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Posts: 2,364
Local Time: 01:22 AM
ALL discussion about Acrobat here!!!

I'm dying for them to play this song. I think it'd go amazing well folliwng Breathe. Maybe Breathe could open the encore then followed by Acrobat. Or maybe vice versa. Either way I think they should play Acrobat. It's well past due and the fans want it I'm sure. What'ya guys think?
__________________

Hallucination is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,887
Local Time: 02:22 AM
__________________

elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
Refugee
 
Hallucination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Posts: 2,364
Local Time: 01:22 AM
You really think there's no chance? How many of us pictured them playing Zoo TV last tour? You could be right but I think Acrobat has been gaining enough momentum on the fan sites that at some point you'd think the band or somene close to them would have taken notice and at least mentioned it to them. They have played it acoutsically durring soundcheck before. It's sucha wicked song. Not sure why they ignore it.
Hallucination is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,343
Local Time: 11:22 PM
I hope not.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,887
Local Time: 02:22 AM
Sicy

I love the song but I am not holding my breath or anything... I think it's one of those "we forgot how to play it" songs, which is complete bullshit but what are you gonna do?
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 25,554
Local Time: 01:22 AM
i just don't see them breaking this song out. the only chance we have is that they decide to devote a lot of their attention on Achtung Baby with the remaster coming up this year, and maybe they finally give in and learn how to play it.
mikal is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 27,218
Local Time: 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucination View Post
You really think there's no chance? How many of us pictured them playing Zoo TV last tour?
Was that on one of the screens? I can't imagine them playing the whole dvd (or tour, for that matter).

Oh wait, did you mean Zoo Station?
the tourist is online now  
Old 03-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
Refugee
 
Hallucination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Posts: 2,364
Local Time: 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
Was that on one of the screens? I can't imagine them playing the whole dvd (or tour, for that matter).

Oh wait, did you mean Zoo Station?

Yes I totally ment Zoo Station. My mistake
Hallucination is offline  
Old 03-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
Refugee
 
Lemonfix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jammin' to "The 2"
Posts: 1,075
Local Time: 11:22 PM
Generally, if they didn't play a song on the tour supporting the album it was on, they won't introduce it on a later tour (The First Time being the exception).

I have a friend who, somewhat jokingly, asked Edge if they were ever going to play Acrobat live (this was during the Vertigo tour). Apparently Edge gave him a "do you know how often I get asked this fucking question?" look, lol.
Lemonfix is offline  
Old 03-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #10
Refugee
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,700
Local Time: 07:22 AM
No, just in your CD-player.
ZOOTVTOURist is offline  
Old 03-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #11
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 109
Local Time: 11:22 PM
Won't happen. If were lucky we'll get UltraViolet
Veckatimest is offline  
Old 03-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #12
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 08:22 AM
Not a chance in hell.

And I'm not sure wether that's a bad thing or not.. It's such a great song and HUGELY hyped here, so I'm quite sure U2 would never be able to live up to the expectations.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 03-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #13
Refugee
 
Outsider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,883
Local Time: 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post



I'm with you I really would love it if they played it
Outsider is offline  
Old 03-30-2009, 09:46 PM   #14
Babyface
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 26
Local Time: 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonfix View Post
Generally, if they didn't play a song on the tour supporting the album it was on, they won't introduce it on a later tour (The First Time being the exception).

I have a friend who, somewhat jokingly, asked Edge if they were ever going to play Acrobat live (this was during the Vertigo tour). Apparently Edge gave him a "do you know how often I get asked this fucking question?" look, lol.
LMAO! I totally wanted to ask The Edge the same question when I met him. Now I'm glad I didn't. It would have cast a pall on the whole experience.

I want to see them play Acrobat, not just because it is one of my very favorite U2 songs, but because I can actually visualize the performance. However lets face facts. Isn't Acrobat one of only two songs (B sides notwithstanding) that the band has never fully played live? The other being The Drowning Man, which I believe they have snippeted from time to time.
Ocean is offline  
Old 03-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #15
Refugee
 
U2387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,270
Local Time: 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucination View Post
I'm dying for them to play this song. I think it'd go amazing well folliwng Breathe. Maybe Breathe could open the encore then followed by Acrobat. Or maybe vice versa. Either way I think they should play Acrobat. It's well past due and the fans want it I'm sure. What'ya guys think?
Would be nice for sure, unlikely but certainly not 100% out of the question. Your bring up a great point, how many expected them to play Zoo Station on Vertigo? Add to that list the first time, An Cat Dubh, Electric co, Gloria, the Ocean, Stories for Boys, etc. I say this song has as good as chance as any rarity of being played live.

I like your breathe observation alot. Encore1: Pop Muzik, LNOE, The Fly, Stay
Encore2:Breathe, Acrobat, LIB

However, if I were going to go with a more likely pick, I would say Ultraviolet has a much better chance of appearing.
U2387 is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 12:14 AM   #16
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 152,731
Local Time: 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
However lets face facts. Isn't Acrobat one of only two songs (B sides notwithstanding) that the band has never fully played live? The other being The Drowning Man, which I believe they have snippeted from time to time.
Plenty more album songs have never been played live than just those two. See here: U2gigs.com - FAQ
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 01:59 AM   #17
Refugee
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,700
Local Time: 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonfix View Post
Generally, if they didn't play a song on the tour supporting the album it was on, they won't introduce it on a later tour (The First Time being the exception).
Sorry, a nice thought, but not quite right. Actually "The First Time" is no exception at all. The tune was played on the 'ZOOROPA' Tour 1993, when the album was new in the shops, too.
It was performed along with "Numb" (full band version), "Stay" (full band version), "Zooropa" (cut short full band version), "Babyface" (full band version), "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed" (short acoustic band snippet) and "Lemon" (very short snippet, only a line) on this European leg of the tour. The snippeted "The First Time" was a regular replacement of "All I Want Is You", when the band performed "Bad" back then – and remained in that sport right until the last show in Dublin '93, when "Bad" was played for the last time on the tour.
So the real surprise 2005/06 was, that U2 opted for dusting off this tune again from their shelves and performing it acoustic and complete. But this is another story ...
ZOOTVTOURist is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 03:38 AM   #18
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
Would be nice for sure, unlikely but certainly not 100% out of the question. Your bring up a great point, how many expected them to play Zoo Station on Vertigo? Add to that list the first time, An Cat Dubh, Electric co, Gloria, the Ocean, Stories for Boys, etc. I say this song has as good as chance as any rarity of being played live.

I like your breathe observation alot. Encore1: Pop Muzik, LNOE, The Fly, Stay
Encore2:Breathe, Acrobat, LIB

However, if I were going to go with a more likely pick, I would say Ultraviolet has a much better chance of appearing.
You're missing the point here. All those songs you listed have been played regularly on their respective tours.

Acrobat has NEVER been played.


And ZooTvTourist, it's not been played full. The First Time has only been snippeted on the Zooropa tour.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 03:58 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
djerdap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 7,497
Local Time: 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOTVTOURist View Post
Sorry, a nice thought, but not quite right. Actually "The First Time" is no exception at all. The tune was played on the 'ZOOROPA' Tour 1993, when the album was new in the shops, too.
It was performed along with "Numb" (full band version), "Stay" (full band version), "Zooropa" (cut short full band version), "Babyface" (full band version), "Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed" (short acoustic band snippet) and "Lemon" (very short snippet, only a line) on this European leg of the tour. The snippeted "The First Time" was a regular replacement of "All I Want Is You", when the band performed "Bad" back then – and remained in that sport right until the last show in Dublin '93, when "Bad" was played for the last time on the tour.
So the real surprise 2005/06 was, that U2 opted for dusting off this tune again from their shelves and performing it acoustic and complete. But this is another story ...
Well, a couple of lines from a song doesn't mean for me that it was played live. So, it was a real surprise in 2005 that for the first time a full version of The First Time was played.

I don't think they'll play Acrobat, but if they would, it would be the greatest U2 fandom orgasm ever known to man.
djerdap is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 06:26 AM   #20
Refugee
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,129
Local Time: 05:22 PM
There is as much chance of them performing Acrobat as there is Red Light and Refugee. In other words, no chance. There is no way that U2 are going to all of a sudden start performing a song that didn't get performed originally some 17 years later. Other bands might do this. U2 don't. And the current tour being stadiums make it even less likely.
__________________

AndrewCowley is online now  
 

Tags
acrobat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official U2 News/Info Thread - Updated Regularly - LOOK HERE FIRST Sicy Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience 33 03-14-2009 02:29 PM
Thought and Language and other Miscellaneous Philosophical Discussion BonosSaint Free Your Mind Archive 81 02-04-2006 12:30 AM
Civil discussion on Christianity??? BonosSaint Free Your Mind Archive 71 08-09-2005 02:41 PM
POST! POST!! POST!!! ABEL Lemonade Stand Archive 17 03-21-2002 11:58 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×