ALL discussion about Acrobat here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe a hoax? Maybe not. I don't know. Just saying, it'd be pretty great if they did.

As for the why isn't Bono singing if it's a rehearsal? Bono doesn't like to rehearse that much. So it's possible the band were working on it until they had it ready for Bono to join in.

Again, time will tell.

Maybe a hoax? Maybe not. I don't know. Just saying, it'd be pretty great if they did.

As for the why isn't Bono singing if it's a rehearsal? Bono doesn't like to rehearse that much. So it's possible the band were working on it until they had it ready for Bono to join in.

Again, time will tell.

Well, except there's numerous articles stating that the band is spending their downtime during this leg in France. So, I highly doubt they were in Dublin, let alone rehearsing Acrobat.

GOD why do people fall for this shit so easily?

THIS IS FAKE.

In case you hadn't noticed. U2 rehearsing in Dublin, the fourth of july, really? Ok, let's dismantle this fucker:

1. U2 were not in Dublin then.
2. It's a mesh of the Hershey tapes.
3. IF they'd ever rehearse this song, they'd do it in secret.
4. Bono, Adam AND Edge said they would never play this song live.
5. They just debuted Electrical Storm and are possibly debuting Drowning Man tonight, why on EARTH would they play Acrobat with that?
6. It has not been rehearsed this tour, while ES and DM have.
7. It is fake. fake. Fake.
8. youtube is NO reliable source.

ok Hershey tapes.... ok, it is isn't it.

ok, i'm gutted and want to hurt the uploader...

*goes outside for a walk.... :sad::sad::sad:

It sounds more like Lord of the Rings music to be than Acrobat.

You can vaguely hear the drums and some guitar sounds that sound like it.. though there's someone who overdubbed this with his own guitar, doesn't sound like Edge's, way wrong effects. Probably a coverband version they put through a distortion. Could still be the Hershey tapes.

4. Bono, Adam AND Edge said they would never play this song live.
5. They just debuted Electrical Storm and are possibly debuting Drowning Man tonight, why on EARTH would they play Acrobat with that?

Although I agree with you that chances for Acrobat being played live are very slim, these two points bother me. First of all, I don't think Bono, Adam and Edge stated this (I know of some statements that they decided not to play the song live, but never ever? I don't think so.). Second of all - and I'm not trying to encourage further rumours - if they decided to play Electrical Storm and bloody Drowning Man, if they are in this "let's play the songs we've never played live before"-mode, chances are they considered Acrobat at some point. But yeah, bullshit rumors and hoaxes don't do much good, so let's leave it at that.

Oh, and there's too much guitar work in that clip to be only taken out from the Hershey tapes. The guy has definitely too much time on his hands.

Well, Bono Adam and Edge have been asked by fans, and in some interviews about Acrobat. All three either laughed it off or said that it's probably never going to be played.

And besides my previous points, note the person who posted this on youtube. It's the same asshole who tried to prank people with fake clips while we were waiting for NLOTH to leak.

And I agree about the mode. But I don't see U2 playing a song live they've never played before, nor even rehearsed in full band.

Well, Bono Adam and Edge have been asked by fans, and in some interviews about Acrobat. All three either laughed it off or said that it's probably never going to be played.

Any video of this? That would be hilarious to see.

And I agree about the mode. But I don't see U2 playing a song live they've never played before, nor even rehearsed in full band.

Drowning Man, Galeongirl. Fucking Drowning Man. Before this I would believe more that they would play Acrobat twice than dig that song out.

Perhaps. I remember the last time it was in London during recording sessions with Adam. :hmm:

I know! But DM has been REHEARSED! We have actual proof that U2 even KNOW how to play the song! :lol:

I can't wait to hear that baby live. If only for the sake of this forum freaking out.

The difference for me is that I can actually see that happen. I just don't see Acrobat happen.

i think if enough people posted interest i recon the would give Acrobat
a go.lets face it who would of thought we would hear 'Unforgettable fire'?
never say never i say :D i bet the guys will read this and the next
few weeks Acrobat will be soundchecked :applaud: its a popular song that
fans want to hear live.i recon they could pull off a great live version.

Acrobat is a great song that I wish would find its way into the setlist. Man what a powerful song it is ...For all those hoping to hear this song like myself keep the faith and .."Dont let the Bastards Grind You Down!!"

Dude, they've been assaulted with questions about Acrobat, at both Elevation and Vertigo tours. They KNOW we want to hear it.

I doubt they'll have the time to read this forum anyway. They have a tour to play.

cmon they have had 4 nights off lol plenty of time to surf
the forums :D and see what us crazy fans are wanting to
hear:) i mean technology is on the go everywhere..
its all good fun and wishfull thinking..lets see how the tour
goes. i recon a few suprises could be in store....

There seem to be technical reasons that Acrobat is laughed off as a live song.....forgive my ignorance, but what are these reasons? Why they are not playing what is arguably one of there top 3 songs (for me :love:) is unfathomable.

I try to contain my blind hope that this will be played, in contrast with my loving embrace for the surprise debut of ES, it just doesn't seem likely to ever happen. We're loving the resurfacing of older lesser known songs on the last few tours, but we're not talking about stuff that was never played, or at the very least never a single. Plus Acrobat has been around more than twice as long as ES and never been played.

Acrobat is my single favorite song ever, not just U2 song, so it would blow my mind beyond belief if it was ever pulled out, but I just don't see it happening.

And no, I don't think the interference servers could handle the wave of smilies (or enthusiasm) that would flood here if that ever did occur.

I'm right there with you........Acrobat has never really been threatened at the top spot of my favorite songs of ALL time.

My guess here is the song is probably very difficult for them to produce in a live setting very well. Most likely the studio version was put together with alot of technology so to speak and that they know translating to live would be very difficult. I don't think they are up to the challenge the song would present.

My guess here is the song is probably very difficult for them to produce in a live setting very well. Most likely the studio version was put together with alot of technology so to speak and that they know translating to live would be very difficult. I don't think they are up to the challenge the song would present.

Thats a BS anwser----Tribute bands play it---and it sounds great....

If U2 play Acrobat in my life time I will eat my MINI Cooper.

Back
Top Bottom